Update: Titans Not Picking Up Conklin's 5th year option

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

According to this report the Titans could even extend Conklin during this upcoming season.

Interesting. Hopefully so, because I don't want to have to get another jersey!

I would love to end up being wrong about this and for Conklin to play great and for us to have two bookend tackles for the next 5 years. 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd rather have 2020 picks honestly. Odds are high we'll need to move up for a QB.

Typical overreaction.   JRob decides not to exercise Conklin's fifth-year option and pay him a top-three salary.....so everyone immediately assumes JRob is done with him.  You either throw money at th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Interesting. Hopefully so, because I don't want to have to get another jersey!

Most important part of that report was Conklin was finally healthy again, having personally experienced a torn ACL it just takes a while to feel totally comfortable again, while you can be medically cleared to return in as little as 6-7 months it can take 18-24 months to truly feel confident in the knee again.

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

According to this report the Titans could even extend Conklin during this upcoming season.

What I was hoping. Thanks for this.

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't worry about being right, I don't have to, it just happens. 

I posted a while back I didn't think they'd pick up the 5th year option and @japan started posting whether I would be right or not. I didn't think it was a big deal to be right about it, next thing I know it's some kind of challenge. 

Maybe people who are often wrong are too worried about sucking others down into their level of constant wrongness!

You posting about their being a zero percent chance that Conklin got the 5th year option made me chuckle, but I didn't post much about this until PFT said that it was a near certainty than Conklin would be given the 5th.  I'm more curious to watch JRob on the hot-seat this season....

Edited by japan

7 hours ago, japan said:

You posting about their being a zero percent chance that Conklin got the 5th year option made me chuckle, but I didn't post much about this until PFT said that it was a near certainty than Conklin would be given the 5th.  I'm more curious to watch JRob on the hot-seat this season....

You mean next season if they have a losing season this year, and the wording was under pressure. 

I always give Oman the benefit of the doubt for being ahead of the curve on VY, CJ, and Lendale White(after a 17 TD season). Also firing fisher made the entire organization drastically worse off for about 5 years. 

So as much I hate to admit he’s probably right about Mariota too.

edit: I will never forgive Oman’s love for Robiskie and Mularkey, though. Those guys were garbage 

Edited by Thrill

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

You mean next season if they have a losing season this year, and the wording was under pressure. 

It always amuses me when people take shots from the cheap seats like that gives them credibility.  

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

JRob isn't under pressure until he drafts his own QB.

Well I actually posted when there was talk about them drafting a QB at 19 that if he drafts a new QN and drops MM it would give a new window to work in. 

58 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I always give Oman the benefit of the doubt for being ahead of the curve on VY, CJ, and Lendale White(after a 17 TD season). Also firing fisher made the entire organization drastically worse off for about 5 years. 

edit: I will never forgive Oman’s love for Robiskie and Mularkey, though. Those guys were garbage 

You thought I'd be wrong about MM didn't you? Me and Amy wanted him to work out. 

I didn't love Mularkey as much as I tried to explain to the misinformed they weren't the problem. They had the same problem LaFleuer had last year, an inconsistent, injury prone mediocre QB. BTW, they are the only ones who got decent play from 8. 

2 hours ago, Thrill said:

Lol... how so? 

There was 2 years that were worse but fish had a shit streak for a while there. 

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Lol... how so? 

There was 2 years that were worse but fish had a shit streak for a while there. 

Eh Fisher kept this place under control and he knew how to build a roster even if he drafted too many projects. Giving Webster full reign on this Franchise was a death sentence. We're better off now but Fisher was far superior to the shit storm that followed him.