2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select WR AJ Brown Round 2, Pick #51

kyle021

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I was going to say the same thing.  Mariota's strength is and always has been his ability to operate a quick rhythm passing game.  And to do that you need guys who can get open quickly and run th

The thing you gotta respect about Sharpe is   There were times he was the only dependable option at WR, everyone knew it, and he caught the ball and moved the chains in between 2 or 3 guys.

Mariota is partying with virgin pina coladas right now.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

They say hes a legit 230 which is crazy because he doesnt look or move like it. Hes gonna feast on smaller DBs. 

He doeskin at all  bigger lower body carrying most of the weight, lets him cut and juke like a rb.

Edited by Huston

1 minute ago, Harvey_Specter said:

AJ Brown is a faster version of Anquan Boldin imo.   A lot of analysts are making the Jarvis Landry comparison which i can see as well.    Love this pick.   Brown was as productive of a WR in the SEC as it gets throughout his entire career.

He has more wiggle and speed then Boldin but breaks tackles like Landry so I can see both.

3 minutes ago, Harvey_Specter said:

AJ Brown is a faster version of Anquan Boldin imo.   A lot of analysts are making the Jarvis Landry comparison which i can see as well.    Love this pick.   Brown was as productive of a WR in the SEC as it gets throughout his entire career.

I think Davis is more talented but Brown is just as strong a the point of catch and may even have better hands.

AJ was a big time player coming out of HS, and he was a star at Ole Miss from the beginning.  Ole Miss has had a lot of talented WR's over the past 5 years, but if you actually follow Ole Miss closely, AJ Brown has been the best WR for Ole Miss the past 2 years.   He was very productive as a young player when Treadwell was the go to guy.   Brown has thrived in various roles for Ole Miss and they have moved him all over.   I think his versatility to play slot and the X and Y positions is going to make him invaluable if we have injuries.   He can play all of the spots well and he just knows how to get open and is tough.    He has great hands and he is very good at making guys miss and juking guys but he also has good power and ability to break arm tackles as well, he is excellent at getting YAC.   Jrob got us a good one here.   

Edited by Harvey_Specter

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Davis has better hands, come on now

We have seen Davis drop easy passes come on, Brown is a natural pass catcher but that doesn't make him a better wr.

Edited by Huston

36 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

CD is going to fucking feast. 

Obviously it hinges on Mariota, but we have the makings of a very explosive and dangerous offense. 

This should help #22 also.  Gonna be tough to load up on the run with Davis, Brown, Humphries and Walker spreading the field.

2 hours ago, TitanTez said:

I will,  that video did not come in. 

Rice was a bad ass in college,  nobody could cover him,  his college coach ran a spread offense back in the day. 

I played football in college the year after he went pro. 

All the upper class guys talked about playing them and Rice catching the ball with one hand and walking backwards in the end zone. 

The guy might be the best receiver EVER.

You would be at least 50 years old if you played football in college the year after he went pro which would be 1986. ?

This is one of the best 2nd round picks I've seen made by a team that I follow.  His floor and ceiling are very high.  He's very talented with the ball in his hands, and he shows the athleticism, size, hands , and baseball outfielder-ball tracking skills and general feel for the position to become a good #1.  Mariota's confidence should be sky-high with these receivers.