2019 NFL Draft: Titans Select WR AJ Brown Round 2, Pick #51

kyle021

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I was going to say the same thing.  Mariota's strength is and always has been his ability to operate a quick rhythm passing game.  And to do that you need guys who can get open quickly and run th

The thing you gotta respect about Sharpe is   There were times he was the only dependable option at WR, everyone knew it, and he caught the ball and moved the chains in between 2 or 3 guys.

Mariota is partying with virgin pina coladas right now.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The Titans clearly disagreed. We could've taken a receiver much later but did so in the second. Taylor is now WR #4, the 6th option on offense (behind the receivers, Delanie, and Henry) and it is well deserved. He's just not as good as you think. This conversation is pretty much settled. 

I don't think that anyone argues that Brown is better than Taylor.  But he's in line behind some really talented players, so that isn't as big of a knock as you are making it out to be.  

5 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I don't think that anyone argues that Brown is better than Taylor.  But he's in line behind some really talented players, so that isn't as big of a knock as you are making it out to be.  

It wasn't a knock at all, Taylor has a role on this team but Sharpe is the one who should be nervous.

Edited by Huston

1 hour ago, TitanHeart2020 said:

?? Yea Definitely..I Think Tajae’s The Odd Man Out Here..Brown Provides A lot More After The Catch For Sure..

I'm not so sure about that one.

Taj has two things going for him that Taylor doesn't.

1) He finds the sticks and gets the 1st down.  Look at his 1st down percentage, and it's good.

2) He's also Mr reliable in terms of drops. (lack of)

Yes he does get bumped off his routes, for lack of physicality.  But in terms of reliability and being where he needs to be later on his routes, he beats Taylor regularly.

47 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

One of the best things about Humphries and Brown being here is Corey Davis is probably going to start eatin like a king now.

As well as Walker, teams will have to defend across the whole formation for a change and still have to contend with Henry.

Edited by Huston

1 hour ago, begooode said:

Hope you don’t mind if they bother to lace it up first. Just sayin’

i get all the "let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet" stuff, but dam we are starting to seem like a real NFL team now with an NFL talent level roster.  I think I forgot what that was like.  I like all the lunch pail guys, but there's nothing like having individual players that have to be schemed for by the opposing team on a weekly basis.

1 hour ago, TitanTez said:

I said plainly,what is his strength?  that's  not bitching. 

CBSSports - “Brown is a JuJu Smith-Schuster type receiver who thrives after the catch and can win in contested-catch situations down the field.  (He’s) my WR1 in this class.”

ESPN - “Brown is a big slot receiver who is shifty for his size and frequently makes the first defender miss after the catch.  He has a wide catching radius and MAKES TOUGH CATCHES IN TRAFFIC.  He has the fluidity and suddenness to develop as a route runner.”