Titans linked to Lock?

BudsOilers

6 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Was Drew Lock saying he met with the Titans coaches multiple times a lie?

Look, odds aren't hight that we draft him, imo. But the Titans clearly had some interest in the guy unless Lock is just flat out lying, which makes no sense.

Yeah hes said that.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...that is a real possibility..Mariota is probably why LaFluer left or at least that is a possiblity.  It's also possible that you are an idiot.

Good god Blake.  Thank god they didn't promote his dumb ass to GM when they canned Webster.

Posted Images

Think about it. Mariota is the starter this year with no contract at this time for next year. Tannehill brought in to take over if Marcus gets hurt again. If one thinks Lock is a franchise QB, even if Marcus does well, you still have a QB behind him once Tannehill leaves next year. Titans have been hurt really bad by backup QB play. If they think Lock is that good, it makes sense. 

11 minutes ago, FRT said:

33 pages of folks buying into the hype.  All lies folks.

I'd say it's more like 33 pages of many people saying "Huh, that's interesting. Why are we so seemingly randomly linked to this guy" and others looking for every way possible to invalidate the rumor. For anyone reasonable/objective there is nothing definitive about this rumor but it certainly is interesting. 

9 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

So, between the practice squad and the active roster the Titans will keep 4 QBs?

Interesting.

You think they'll keep Lock as a 3rd QB on the active roster to avoid him being poached from the PS?

JRob isn't dumb enough to put a 1st rnd pick on the PS, so what is the alternative?

Or is JRob looking to trade Marcus or Tannehill sometime in the next 3 days/nights?

Inquiring minds,...  LOL

Where do you get 4 QB's from?  If they draft one early, they are keeping all 3 on the 53 man roster.  And Mariota isn't tradable.  Tannehill maybe but why, especially given any rookie is going to sit in 2019.

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Think about it. Mariota is the starter this year with no contract at this time for next year. Tannehill brought in to take over if Marcus gets hurt again. If one thinks Lock is a franchise QB, even if Marcus does well, you still have a QB behind him once Tannehill leaves next year. Titans have been hurt really bad by backup QB play. If they think Lock is that good, it makes sense. 

#options

Just now, big2033 said:

Yeah which I've seen. But he's stuck with his eval that he's Alex Smith 2.0.

Fahey loves Mariota though.

The best part to me in this back and forth is how I could mix up the two and yet you somehow still end up wrong. You can’t say a guy has a quicker release than Rodgers and be the quickest processor since Brady and not be a Mariota homer. Even TDF and 8mm don’t go that far. 

8 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Where do you get 4 QB's from?  If they draft one early, they are keeping all 3 on the 53 man roster.  And Mariota isn't tradable.  Tannehill maybe but why, especially given any rookie is going to sit in 2019.

Mariota, Tannehill, Woodside and Lock makes 4.

I think somebody is gonna be tradebait this weekend.

Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

Mariota, Tannehill, Woodside and Lock makes 4.

I think somebody is gonna be tradebait this weekend.

Woodside is not anywhere close for a lock to be on the 53.  If they draft someone, it's going to replace him at least for 2019.  Tanneota is here for 2019.

30 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Mariota is on the 5th year option. He’s getting paid 21 million. The only way he’s getting traded is if we pay a fairly large portion of his contract, which I think is possible. 

Or if he's willing to renegotiate his contract for his new employer.

8 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Woodside is not anywhere close for a lock to be on the 53.  If they draft someone, it's going to replace him at least for 2019.  Tanneota is here for 2019.

I said 4 QBs between the active roster and the PS.

Read it again.

I don't think this team is deep enough to keep 3 QBs on the active roster.

YMMV

28 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The best part to me in this back and forth is how I could mix up the two and yet you somehow still end up wrong. You can’t say a guy has a quicker release than Rodgers and be the quickest processor since Brady and not be a Mariota homer. Even TDF and 8mm don’t go that far. 

Jesus. I was being nice but now you're going to be an ass about it I'm going in.

Processing doesn't mean shit when you don't force the ball downfield. You still have to throw it to the right place.

Also, he said that in August, preseason. And that's the only overtly positive thing he's ever said about Mariota.

You're wrong. He's far from a Mariota homer. FAR from it. But not only have you stuck to your guns you started insulting me for something you're clearly wrong about. Moronic.

He called him a mid-tier talent, being able to process doesn't mean you're Tom Brady.

And if you want to cherry pick twitter messages, my message to him was:

"BTW kudos to you. I believe your best comparison for Mariota has been Alex Smith. Seems like the prediction is coming to fruition."

He then retweeted that message on his feed. That was January of 2019. Oddly, he didn't add in "AND HE PROCESSES LIKE BRADY" either ... 

My tweet beats your tweet. LOL. Fucking stupid hill to die on. Dick.

Edited by big2033