Titans linked to Lock?

BudsOilers

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...that is a real possibility..Mariota is probably why LaFluer left or at least that is a possiblity.  It's also possible that you are an idiot.

Good god Blake.  Thank god they didn't promote his dumb ass to GM when they canned Webster.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Josh Allen will likely never be a reliable passer in the NFL. Even if the Bills keep him relatively clean I doubt you'll ever see him become a surgical QB that wins straight from the pocket and IMO if you don't have that upside, you aren't worth drafting high. You keep Rosen clean and he'll pick teams apart, book it. I remember the dropped passes argument being made for Allen last season he had a career comp % of 56.2 in college (similar to Lock) and then proceeded to follow that up with a rookie year comp % of 52.8%. Accuracy rarely gets better and inaccurate passers in college tend to stay that way or get worse in the NFL. Now I'll be totally fair and point out that the Bills receiving corps raked 8th in dropped passes last season but the Cardinals were worse AND even when adjusting for that (PFF) Allen still ranked dead last in the league. Here's an excerpt from a Bills SBnation article: 

Allen’s critics often cite inaccuracy as a potentially insurmountable problem. His completion percentage of 52.8% only helps that argument. One area PFF examines is adjusted completion rate, which accounts for things like dropped passes, throwaways, and spiked balls. With these considerations, Allen’s adjusted completion percentage climbs to 64.7%, which is a big jump. Unfortunately, when looking at every quarterback with this lens, Allen is dead last in the league. The NFL average was 75.3%. 

Choosing Allen as an example was a bad move. Fortunately, I'm fair and think Lock is a better prospect than him. 

If you judge him simply as a pocket passer, Rosen definitely had a higher floor than Allen, by a wide margin.  But Allen is a playmaker who will have the ball in his hands every play.  When he returned from injury, he was averaging over 275 total YPG and over 2 TDs per, with no talent around him to speak of.  It's not pretty, but a rookie getting that kind of production essentially by himself is impressive.

25 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

All that OT you work you could pay for the tier of PKs sub where you get to text him and have an annual golf trip with him lmfaooo 

Those guys aren’t his buddy

1 minute ago, japan said:

Tgo mentioned earlier about ‘noticeable tension’ between Mariota and Vrabel. Anyone have any links to that because I must have whiffed on it. 

Meant Vrabel aggressively shifting any Mariota questions to the “team” and then Mariota’s backhanded comments about being in Hawaii “where people who genuinely care about me are.” Or something to that affect. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Meant Vrabel aggressively shifting any Mariota questions to the “team” and then Mariota’s backhanded comments about being in Hawaii “where people who genuinely care about me are.” Or something to that affect. 

Did you watch or listen to that interview?  Mariota in no way was taking a shot at anyone.  

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Did you watch or listen to that interview?  Mariota in no way was taking a shot at anyone.  

Yep, I did. And I thought the wording was pretty weird.

1 hour ago, ap24786 said:

Even if this rumor ends up being true, it would be the dumbest move the Titans have made. Trying to replace one of the more accurate QBs in the NFL for not even a consensus top 3 QB in one of the worst QB drafts in a while. If you're really going to draft a QB at least go all in and draft a good one like Kyler or Tua. 

Even if we assume the Titans are waiting for the QB-rich 2020 draft class with guys like Tua, Trevor Lawrence, and Justin Hebert.....this year's team probably won't be bad enough to have a shot at any of them.   Those guys will all be gone in the top 4-5 picks.    Trading up that far would cost the Titans multiple high-round picks over a 2-3 year period, and possibly including a Pro Bowl caliber player from the Titans roster.

1 minute ago, nine said:

Even if we assume the Titans are waiting for the QB-rich 2020 draft class with guys like Tua, Trevor Lawrence, and Justin Hebert.....this year's team probably won't be bad enough to have a shot at any of them.   Those guys will all be gone in the top 4-5 picks.    Trading up that far would cost the Titans multiple high-round picks over a 2-3 year period, and possibly including a Pro Bowl caliber player from the Titans roster.

Yeah true. For me it isn't very hard. Just bolster the offensive line and get actual playmakers on the outside. Mariota is good enough to be the guy. Many people here disagree with me and would be happy to remain a crap franchise in the long term with a bad QB, which is what we would be if we draft scrubs like Lock. 

4 minutes ago, nine said:

Trevor Lawrence might be worth it, if he continues to build on his impressive freshman season.  The guy is currently making throws with ease that some NFL Quarterbacks struggle with.