AAF (Alliance of American Football) inaugural season starts tonight. Who's watching?

nine

22 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Yeah, 2015 Mett was literally one of the worst QB's I've ever seen. That Atlanta game was hauntingly bad. It's like he lost all of his good traits and only brought only his weaknesses to that game. He totally crumbled after Marcus showed up. He was fine during the preseason when he thought he had a chance but it was all down-hill from there. Hope he has success but battling through that kind of adversity is a key trait. If Henry would've packed it in like that when Lewis was getting the shine, we likely aren't even close to the playoffs. 

The thing with Henry is there was only one game that they won in large part because of Henry.  And that was because Mariota got hurt.  They were winning the Jax/NYG games with or without him.

Okay back on topic.  I had the pleasure of watching that Atlanta game in person.  I was excited because I remembered how good Mettenberger looked at times in 2014 and thought that he could maybe play well.  He was so bad that day.  It was likely worse in person than it looked on TV.  And the offensive line really played well.  It was just embarrassing.  And the thing is he was even worse in both Houston games later that year.  The worst game he ever played by far was that Houston game toward the end of the season.  It was like he just didn't care.  

And remember the next year with SD when they played the Titans in the preseason?  He was flat out awful.  As good as he was in the preseason with the Titans, he was that bad with SD.  It was clear that there were other things going on.  Either he stopped trying or there was something else.  But you don't just become that bad that quickly at that age without other factors.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don’t understand how one person (Jake) can embody the worst traits of a human. 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The thing with Henry is there was only one game that they won in large part because of Henry.  And that was because Mariota got hurt.  They were winning the Jax/NYG games with or without him.

Okay back on topic.  I had the pleasure of watching that Atlanta game in person.  I was excited because I remembered how good Mettenberger looked at times in 2014 and thought that he could maybe play well.  He was so bad that day.  It was likely worse in person than it looked on TV.  And the offensive line really played well.  It was just embarrassing.  And the thing is he was even worse in both Houston games later that year.  The worst game he ever played by far was that Houston game toward the end of the season.  It was like he just didn't care.  

And remember the next year with SD when they played the Titans in the preseason?  He was flat out awful.  As good as he was in the preseason with the Titans, he was that bad with SD.  It was clear that there were other things going on.  Either he stopped trying or there was something else.  But you don't just become that bad that quickly at that age without other factors.

I honestly wanted Mett to succeed because he was a pure pocket passer with incredible arm strength. But he ended up being so god damned bad. 

59 minutes ago, scine09 said:

If Henry sucks vs the Jags and the game comes down to Mariota vs the Jags defense I really don't think we win that one. The NYG is a toss up IMO. Back to Mett, I agree. I know the story became "he was always this bad" but seriously I've never seen someone regress that much, that quickly. He was awful in those games. 

47 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If Henry sucks vs the Jags and the game comes down to Mariota vs the Jags defense I really don't think we win that one. The NYG is a toss up IMO. Back to Mett, I agree. I know the story became "he was always this bad" but seriously I've never seen someone regress that much, that quickly. He was awful in those games. 

I’m not going to make this into a Mariota thread but they’d have won that game going away with or without Henry.  I’m not sure you remember how bad the Jaguars were that night.  And Mariota was fine that night take away 3 poor throws.

The Giants game was won on defense.  I mean the Giants didn’t score a point.

We probably overrated Mettenberger in 2014 but he did show flashes at times.  And then in 2015 he looked like he didn’t even belong in the league.  It was crazy.

29 minutes ago, scine09 said:

We probably overrated Mettenberger in 2014 but he did show flashes at times.  And then in 2015 he looked like he didn’t even belong in the league.  It was crazy.

We overrated him because we have such a pitiful recent history at the position. It's the same reason people still have so much blind fanaticism in Mariota.

If Mariota played for most franchises he would be eviscerated with his play the past 2.5 years.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

10 hours ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Hack could barely complete checkdowns...terrible.

it didn’t help that pig Howard dropped every ball that hit his hands, but The offense is barely functional with Hack only throwing within 5 yards of the los...

Mett will probably get a chance eventually.

Didn't watch the whole thing, but he's beyond terrible. At this point, his NFL draft status shouldn't mean squat, Mett and the other guy can't be that bad.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:54 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

We overrated him because we have such a pitiful recent history at the position. It's the same reason people still have so much blind fanaticism in Mariota.

If Mariota played for most franchises he would be eviscerated with his play the past 2.5 years.

Mariota at any other franchise (if not injured) puts up 3-4 x the stats he put up here the last 2 years.. .. most other franchises have a moticum of consistency with coaches and scheme and surroundings do g talent. 

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

33 and 39 TDs and over 5k yards!!!! We have Mahomes being wasted!

You’re a fool if you dont think 33/ 39 tds with this QB in a consistent scheme is possible. He had 26 and missed a couple games in his second year.  

Dont be stupid.