code

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota looked like shit out there

Yes you are, you watched the game.    He was skiddish and indecisive in the pocket, he threw a couple of terrible passes over Davis's head that had nothing to do with the weather, he threw u

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Outside of the td drive, which I thought he did well, I'd agree he looked like shit.  I cringed whenever they called a pass play.  I almost laughed at that Davis overthrow, a basic easy throw that he missed.

Of course he did. A person can either admit it or lie to themselves

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes you are, you watched the game. 

He was skiddish and indecisive in the pocket, he threw a couple of terrible passes over Davis's head that had nothing to do with the weather, he threw underneath to Henry when Davis was open downfield and he missed another open target(forget who). 

He looked like a scrub out there. 

I listened to a national radio NFL show on the way to eat tonight and they were talking about Henry and one of the guys said he watched the game and pointed out that Marcus looked terrible.

I'm not interested in arguing about it, it is what it is. 

I placed a voluntary gag on myself. There’s a disconnect with reality in assessing how he plays. Amazingly they can see faults in other QBS, but whiff completely in analyzing a complete Mariota game. We have a very good team, so they win a lot of games. So, “we good.”  

The idea that the QB is supposed to be very good to great is absurd. Mediocrity is just fine. So, l just shut up. 

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

I am not saying this was Mariota's best game or even a good one. Bust it was definitely not a bad game. He just wasn't asked to do almost anything.

I swear some people on this board would talk shit about Mariota no matter what he does. He could be banging Jessica Alba while kicking pass rushers away and throw for 27/27 for 2891yards and 27tds. And you all would cry that one pass wasnt in stride.

And yes I know that is more and 99ypc. 

You would still bitch.

He wasnt asked to do much and it was obvious why.

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I placed a voluntary gag on myself. There’s a disconnect with reality in assessing how he plays. Amazingly they can see faults in other QBS, but whiff completely in analyzing a complete Mariota game. We have a very good team, so they win a lot of games. So, “we good.”  

The idea that the QB is supposed to be very good to great is absurd. Mediocrity is just fine. So, l just shut up. 

So are you a sock puppet or a wooden one, cant tell yet.

5 minutes ago, Huston said:

He wasnt asked to do much and it was obvious why.

Exactly. If he doea what he is suppose to do then he was fine. Not great, not bad, fine. Eli manning was crap today. Mariota was 10times better than him in this game.

It would be like saying Stocker plays like shit cause they only ask him to catch 1 pass a game.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

Like when he went 22/23 307 2/0 & got blasted the entire game?

He didn't get blasted that game. It was just pointed out those numbers were hollow and not leading to points or challenging the Texans defense. It helped run out the clock

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

He didn't get blasted that game. It was just pointed out those numbers were hollow and not leading to points or challenging the Texans defense. It helped run out the clock

He picked apart the defense the entire game. We lost because of a 14 point on the 1 yard line, a zillion false start flags, and pretty terrible defense.

Marcus had four critical misses imo.

The 3rd and 4 play  threw to no man's land with three available receivers in Giant's territory.

Another 3rd and 4th play didn't make the throw hesitated moved got sacked in Giant's territory.

The throw to Davis that was on second down towards the sidelines again in Giant's territory would have been a 1st down.

The end zone throw to Taylor, it wasn't the throw it was the fact that the defense had opened up like the dead sea and he could have ran for a huge gain, again in Giant's territory. 

These four plays are huge considering the amount of opportunities he had or lack there of in this game and where the field position was.

These plays are the difference in this being a game were we have complete control and or straight up blow the Giants out.

Also I like the effort on the block I really do, but this cat is on the injury report like stink on shit, he's gotta be smarter.