Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Soxcat   
15 minutes ago, Face said:

Even though I don't think WR is a real need per se, the reason I started that thread about them is exactly what you wrote here, the last part. There's a bunch of outside, "X" WR's this year with clear, big play, explosive traits.You have kids like Arcega-Whiteside, Hakeem Butler, NKeal Harry who have great size & catch radius, and just own contested passes. Then you have Hollywood Brown, Andy Isabella, and Emmanuel Hall who consistently blew by corners & got behind defenses. And Metcalf whose just an insane monster who does both. 

This is one tbing Ive come around to, don't invest in an outside WR that doesn't have an explosive trait. I don't care how good his hands or route running are.

We have a great example of a guy who had HUGE production in college and also had some "elite" measurable in Taylor.  His 3-cone was near the top.  His playing speed is very good.  But with that he could never fit what we need in an X WR.  So we could draft a guy like Taylor every year and never fill that need. 

Thus it comes down to if you want a guy who does some things in an elite way but isn't real good at other things.  Do you want a guy who isn't elite at anything but doesn't have a weakness and thus was productive.  Moving up to the NFL we also see a a bunch of very productive WRs in college that are meh in the NFL (Wright was one of those).  So it is hard to rate Metcalf who is ridiculous with his size and speed.  I don't see him as a track star only however. 

Don’t know if someone else already posted this but:

FWIW Matt Miller said on his podcast that the Titans have done a lot of homework on Marquise Brown along with the Raiders and Colts.

Edited by TeamRamrod27

abc2330   
23 hours ago, tgo said:

We don't need an X receiver  , Y receiver, blue receiver, what have you.  We need a guy who can turn ordinary plays into TDs.  Because based on the last two years, that's all that we're getting out of our QB.

SARGO24   

I’m leaning towards Marquise Brown. His speed and versatility will do wonders for this squad. I’d love to trade down to like 25 and pick up an additional 3rd.

1- Marquise Brown

2- Edge 

3- Saunders

3- Sternberger

4 - IOL

Huston   
10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Peter King mentioned he wouldn't be surprised if Dwayne Haskins ends up going 10 to the Broncos.

I doubt it, Flacco has moved his whole family here and has been told by Elway and the Broncos he is the man from what I hear.

5 hours ago, Soxcat said:

My point was that those guys also had great measurables as well as production. 

My point is DK Metcalf doesn’t have both. 

Adams   
2 hours ago, SARGO24 said:

I’m leaning towards Marquise Brown. His speed and versatility will do wonders for this squad. I’d love to trade down to like 25 and pick up an additional 3rd.

1- Marquise Brown

2- Edge 

3- Saunders

3- Sternberger

4 - IOL

I think Brown will be our pick.  Our interest in AB was real.  Humphries was not brought here because AB trade didn’t work out.  I think we are placing all our beats on MM this year.  I think our plan is to load him up with playmakers at all skill players spots.

If we get the same production from MM that we got from him the past two seasons, whom ever they bring in to replace him next season will have stacked roster.  

Can you imagine teams playing eight in the box with Brown’s speed on the outside?  He would be a monster in the play action game.

Soxcat   

Guys that small are hard to predict.  A guy like Hill is 5'10, 185 and has almost 20 pounds on that kid. 

Smallish guys with speed are far more plentiful than big guys with speed and more of them end up not being very good.  If he ends up like DJax that would be great.  DJax is 5'10, 175.  Marquise Brown is 5'9, 166. 

Adams   
1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Guys that small are hard to predict.  A guy like Hill is 5'10, 185 and has almost 20 pounds on that kid. 

Smallish guys with speed are far more plentiful than big guys with speed and more of them end up not being very good.  If he ends up like DJax that would be great.  DJax is 5'10, 175.  Marquise Brown is 5'9, 166. 

Keep in mind players often lose weight when they are injured and unable to workout.  Delaine Walker talked last week on the Titans podcast that he lost 15 pounds following his foot injury.  Not saying 166 is not his normal playing weight, but it could be light because of the injury.  

Regardless...dude is a player maker.  His size is similar to Cooks who we had an interest in a few years ago.

On NFLN Path to the Draft Daniel Jeremiah mentioned that the Falcons are a team to watch for Garrett Bradbury, with their significant interest in Chris Lindstrom as well it looks like the Falcons could be leaning towards going IOL at 14.

Jeremiah also mentioned the Bills as a team looking to move up from pick 9 for a defensive player (Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver)

tgo   
1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On NFLN Path to the Draft Daniel Jeremiah mentioned that the Falcons are a team to watch for Garrett Bradbury, with their significant interest in Chris Lindstrom as well it looks like the Falcons could be leaning towards going IOL at 14.

Jeremiah also mentioned the Bills as a team looking to move up from pick 9 for a defensive player (Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver)

Bradbury would be a terrible fit for the Falcons new blocking scheme.