2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Been a lot of buzz about Hockenson at 7 to the Jags as well.

I could see that.  Awful high for a TE though with the players that are going to be available. 

Edited by Justafan

50 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

The way they took a scythe to their defense this offseason I kinda doubt they'll be pursuing a TE early.

Yea, they had to make a ton of room for Foles.  Lots of holes to fill and not a lot of cap.  TE is a luxury pick.  Honestly, their best bet is to move down the board if they can get some one to trade with.

Then again this is the Jags and it would be just like them to take the hyped player who then comes in and summarily fails while ignoring solid players at actual positions of need. 

1 hour ago, Huston said:

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

O.J. Howard was getting mocked in the top 5 when he came out and fell way lower. 

Throughout his entire life, Howard has rolled out of bed as the most talented player of whatever team he joins.  Hockensen probably has to be kicked out of the weight or film room every night.  He's a big plus as a tone-setter .

Edited by abc2330

2 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Throughout his entire life, Howard has rolled out of bed as the most talented player of whatever team he joins.  Hockensen probably has to be kicked out of the weight or film room every night.  He's a big plus as a tone-setter .

He would need to be a dynamic play maker not a tone setter to go top 10.

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

He would need to be a dynamic play maker not a tone setter to go top 10.

Depends on the team.  Any coach from the Patriot tree values toughness and determination moreso than flashy ability.  NE has also put out a competitive team much more consistently than any other team in the league. 

TE is the toughest collegiate position to evaluate, other than QB.  But he has very translatable qualities in a coveted position, which is rare to find.

After FA, I would like to trade back ...maybe with Oak for #27 + #35 and maybe ship then a 4th next year with #19.

#27 - TE Noah Fant

#35 - WR Marquise Brown

#51 - EDGE Zach Allen

#82 - DE Jaylon Ferguson

#112 - DT Gerald Willis

I would lose my mind. 

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic