Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Which edge rusher is supposed to be available around the area where we are picking in Rd 1? No chance Allen or Bosa slide that far.  Sweat is unlikely as well.  Outside of Burns, who else is there?

Ferell

AvgJoe   
7 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Thanks.  He's kind of uninspiring which is why I forgot about him.

Yep. I don’t know if it is the poor result from Dodd, but I don’t like Ferrel at all. 

23 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

With the FA movements so far there are a couple of teams sitting behind us in the first round that are in absolute desperate need of pass rushers, both the Ravens/Chiefs have lost multiple guys so far in FA.

Going to be really interesting to see what JRob does in round 1 now, there must be concern sitting at #19 that a team jumps ahead and grabs a guy like Ferrell who could be the last of the first round worthy Edge pass rushers.

Before FA I would of said there was only a tiny chance JRob would trade up, now that the veteran WR/OLB and starting LG/S have been filled he might be more inclined to chase an OLB/IDL he loves.

Couldn’t disagree more. I’d bet my bottom dollar he won’t trade up. He’s likely to move down id say.

He knows this is make or break time to see what he’s got in mariota. He’s going to need ammo for 2020 in case he decides to not extend.

I see a move down to pick up a second next year and take a Fant or Brown.

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

Unless they sign more then just a backup D tackle in free agency then I think its down to Wilkins or Simmons at 19.

I do too. Think EDGE is more likely in round 2. Could see JR liking a guy like Winovich.

Huston   
3 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I do too. Think EDGE is more likely in round 2. Could see JR liking a guy like Winovich.

Yeah or even a little later, the Wake signing shows you they have a lot of faith in Finch's development evidently.

I'm not big on Ferrell. 7.32 3-cone. He did not do any of the explosion drills at the combine (40, vert, or broad). My guess is because he is not explosive. He had a ton of talent around him at clemson to take the pressure off. Of all the clemson guys he is the one that most reminds me of Dodd. I hope they avoid him like the plague.

TWR   
40 minutes ago, Huston said:

I think he is strictly a 4-3 end, we need a linebacker.

Brian Burns screams 3-4 OLB

i also like Winovich and think he’s athletic enough to play Edge in a 34

Huston   
17 minutes ago, TWR said:

Brian Burns screams 3-4 OLB

i also like Winovich and think he’s athletic enough to play Edge in a 34

I like Burns a lot too but the more I think about it his snaps would be really limited because he cant play in the base defense right away and would be strictly a rotational third down pass rusher. They would have to realy like him to pass on a D tackle that could probably give them more bang for the buck right away.

TWR   
7 minutes ago, Huston said:

I like Burns a lot too but the more I think about it his snaps would be really limited because he cant play in the base defense right away and would be strictly a rotational third down pass rusher. They would have to realy like him to pass on a D tackle that could probably give them more bang for the buck right away.

Yeah Burns isn’t quite fully developed especially in the run game, but I’m not so sure Wilkins or Lawrence will both be there and there’s still something to be said about what a top 34 OLB will do for a defense. We are all expecting Landry to make a leap but that’s not a given and Wake is only a rental player- it may be worth it to the titans to make sure they get another highly touted edge rusher. Could never have too many. I think they’ll like Mack at NT in later rounds but we still need competition at the 5T

Huston   
3 minutes ago, TWR said:

Yeah Burns isn’t quite fully developed especially in the run game, but I’m not so sure Wilkins or Lawrence will both be there and there’s still something to be said about what a top 34 OLB will do for a defense. We are all expecting Landry to make a leap but that’s not a given and Wake is only a rental player- it may be worth it to the titans to make sure they get another highly touted edge rusher. Could never have too many. I think they’ll like Mack at NT in later rounds but we still need competition at the 5T

At least one of those guys will be there at 19 Wilkins, Simmons, Burns or even Lawrence. I think they like him too, what is he a third round pick.

rns90   

It won't happen but if Ed Oliver slid to #19, I wonder if the Titans would take him.