Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

abc2330   
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Hockenson/Simmons/Wilkins! 

Woooooo

I can't imagine them targeting anyone other than Hocksensen as far as TEs go.  

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Hockenson/Simmons/Wilkins! 

Woooooo

Only works if we sign a starting OLB in FA.

I'm always skeptical of reports like this so far out from the Draft.

This report probably explains why post the combine a tonne of mock drafts had us taking either Wilkins/Hockenson/Fant, must of been some rumors doing the rounds about our potential interest in DL/TE at the combine.

tgo   
5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Only works if we sign a starting OLB in FA.

I'm always skeptical of reports like this so far out from the Draft.

This report probably explains why post the combine a tonne of mock drafts had us taking either Wilkins/Hockenson/Fant, must of been some rumors doing the rounds about our potential interest in DL/TE at the combine.

I’d be skeptical if it didn’t make total sense and line up exactly with what I’d expect and the projected positional value where we’re picking. 

I have a strong sense that Robinson doesn’t value interior OL enough to pick one in the first. And that’s part of the reason why he prefers the zone blocking scheme. 

And of course we’re gonna sign an OLB in FA man, c’mon. :D 

Edited by tgo

tgo   
2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Those that know aren't talking.

Yeah, which is why Walter Football said well in advance of the draft last year that they had heard that the two players we were considering were Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry. Pretty good guess work I suppose? 

48 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’d be skeptical if it didn’t make total sense and line up exactly with what I’d expect and the projected positional value where we’re picking. 

I have a strong sense that Robinson doesn’t value interior OL enough to pick one in the first. And that’s part of the reason why he prefers the zone blocking scheme. 

And of course we’re gonna sign an OLB in FA man, c’mon. :D 

The right (correct) TE adds to the OL, in that it allows interior double teams by providing what one pundit recently referred to as a 3rd Tackle.

Conk was bashed because of the help he got from Fasano and Supernaw and Delanie on a lot of plays, but that's how it works when the best pass rushers are free to roam the LOS.  You lose the numbers game if you can't double team some of these guys on every snap.

ctm   
11 hours ago, tgo said:

Yeah, which is why Walter Football said well in advance of the draft last year that they had heard that the two players we were considering were Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry. Pretty good guess work I suppose? 

A big portion of this board was saying the same thing.  I said Evans in Dec. of 2107.  It wasn't that hard to figure out.

17 hours ago, tgo said:

WF gets shit on a lot but they do seem to have had good Titans sources in the past. 

abc2330   
37 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Another shitty projection for a player or position who we absolutely aren't going to take at 19 ?  Awesome!