Jump to content
Jonboy

2019 Draft News and Rumors

Recommended Posts

Huston   

Like Detroit hasn't learned from the Ebron pick, doubt they take a TE that high again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a different Lions FO that drafted Ebron. They could take him. I can see BUF and CAR also being in play for Hockenson. Would be real surprised if he makes it to 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

It was a different Lions FO that drafted Ebron. They could take him. I can see BUF and CAR also being in play for Hockenson. Would be real surprised if he makes it to 19.

Been a lot of buzz about Hockenson at 7 to the Jags as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Been a lot of buzz about Hockenson at 7 to the Jags as well.

I could see that.  Awful high for a TE though with the players that are going to be available. 

Edited by Justafan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I could see that.  Awful high for a TE though with the players that are going to be available. 

The way they took a scythe to their defense this offseason I kinda doubt they'll be pursuing a TE early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
50 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

The way they took a scythe to their defense this offseason I kinda doubt they'll be pursuing a TE early.

Yea, they had to make a ton of room for Foles.  Lots of holes to fill and not a lot of cap.  TE is a luxury pick.  Honestly, their best bet is to move down the board if they can get some one to trade with.

 

Then again this is the Jags and it would be just like them to take the hyped player who then comes in and summarily fails while ignoring solid players at actual positions of need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
1 hour ago, Huston said:

 

 

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

O.J. Howard was getting mocked in the top 5 when he came out and fell way lower. 

Throughout his entire life, Howard has rolled out of bed as the most talented player of whatever team he joins.  Hockensen probably has to be kicked out of the weight or film room every night.  He's a big plus as a tone-setter .

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
2 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

 

Throughout his entire life, Howard has rolled out of bed as the most talented player of whatever team he joins.  Hockensen probably has to be kicked out of the weight or film room every night.  He's a big plus as a tone-setter .

He would need to be a dynamic play maker not a tone setter to go top 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
2 minutes ago, Huston said:

He would need to be a dynamic play maker not a tone setter to go top 10.

Depends on the team.  Any coach from the Patriot tree values toughness and determination moreso than flashy ability.  NE has also put out a competitive team much more consistently than any other team in the league. 

 

TE is the toughest collegiate position to evaluate, other than QB.  But he has very translatable qualities in a coveted position, which is rare to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...