Kavanaugh

9 Nines

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Jake please stop talking about stuff you don't understand it makes me cringe. I really can't bear to see someone embarrass themselves like this. 

When the Republican Party sends its people, they’re not sending the best.   They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to Washington.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, reo said:

Like I said, most people have know he'd get confirmed since day 1.

We won't know what happens until the results come in, but tactically it feels like the Democrats may be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They can't help fighting losing battles for moral victories that don't translate into anything tangible. 

Regardless of whether and to what extent it was an error to fight Kavanaugh, Trump being extra shitty about it helps soften the error IMO.

If Trump had kept his mouth shut and played nice the whole time the Republicans would have not only won this fight, but could have even claimed the moral high ground.

Just now, Legaltitan said:

Regardless of whether and to what extent it was an error to fight Kavanaugh, Trump being extra shitty about it helps soften the error IMO.

If Trump had kept his mouth shut and played nice the whole time the Republicans would have not only won this fight, but could have even claimed the moral high ground.

Trump can't help himself. And he's always the wildcard, too. He may do something catastrophically stupid in the next month (or we may see some type of Mueller news bomb too).

My vote isn't changing for the midterms (My mail-in ballot already arrived), but I think the Democrats really did themselves a disservice in the nomination process. 

10 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

What did she say/do to "destroy? Democrats?

She took every point the Dems made for being against him judicially and gave a ruling he had in favor of their viewpoint.

Something a thoughtful person does. Actually has facts to back up her arguments.

14 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

I think the Democrats really did themselves a disservice in the nomination process. 

Lots of people are saying that, and I get it.

But the Republicans have used every trick in the book - clean and dirty - over the past several election cycles and have done nothing but absolutely clean the clocks of Democrats, except when Obama is on the ballot.

Republicans fight for what they think is important, even when it's fruitless. How many times did they vote to repeal Obamacare, when it was totally fruitless? Look at all the other stupid but symbolic shit they've done, and the base goes gaga over it.

Democrats folded like a cheap suit on immigration over and over, and on other stuff important to the base. I think another fold here would have been totally depressing to the base.

The enthusiasm gap was going to narrow anyway - the Republican base was going to get fired up to vote because they ALWAYS do. What is usually lacking is the Democratic base getting fired up. 

I have always thought there was no way the Dems were taking back the Senate. 6 months ago everyone said how crazy it was to even think that with the seats that were up from election. Now experts are talking about how the Senate is in danger for the Dems! Fuckers, they never had a chance. Dems have to defend seats in IN, MT, MO, fucking ND, and WV, and try to pick up some in red states. Not to mention a very popular governor running against a total stick in the mud in Florida. The math, the politics, everything was absolutely impossible for the Senate this year. It was never going to happen.

The House is where Dems need to make big gains, and then try to go after the Senate in 2020 when the math is much different.

34 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

What did she say/do to "destroy? Democrats?

Did you watch it? she systematically went through each item. She even said she believed Feinstein and stood by her. Went after the leaker.. It was masterful. She went after Ford's credibility and the allegation like only a women could. Although I will say I think she's a little naive about Kavanaugh and roe v wade. 

Edited by oldschool

3 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Lots of people are saying that, and I get it.

But the Republicans have used every trick in the book - clean and dirty - over the past several election cycles and have done nothing but absolutely clean the clocks of Democrats, except when Obama is on the ballot.

Republicans fight for what they think is important, even when it's fruitless. How many times did they vote to repeal Obamacare, when it was totally fruitless? Look at all the other stupid but symbolic shit they've done, and the base goes gaga over it.

Democrats folded like a cheap suit on immigration over and over, and on other stuff important to the base. I think another fold here would have been totally depressing to the base.

The enthusiasm gap was going to narrow anyway - the Republican base was going to get fired up to vote because they ALWAYS do. What is usually lacking is the Democratic base getting fired up. 

I have always thought there was no way the Dems were taking back the Senate. 6 months ago everyone said how crazy it was to even think that with the seats that were up from election. Now experts are talking about how the Senate is in danger for the Dems! Fuckers, they never had a chance. Dems have to defend seats in IN, MT, MO, fucking ND, and WV, and try to pick up some in red states. Not to mention a very popular governor running against a total stick in the mud in Florida. The math, the politics, everything was absolutely impossible for the Senate this year. It was never going to happen.

The House is where Dems need to make big gains, and then try to go after the Senate in 2020 when the math is much different.

it was 50/50 a week ago and Republican strategists were getting scared. Looks like they are going to survive. I can't stand Schumer. No idea how he ended up minoriry leader. McConnell is twice the politician he is.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Did you watch it? she systematically went through each item. She even said she believed Feinstein and stood by her. Went after the leaker.. It was masterful. She went after Ford's credibility and the allegation like only a women could. Although I will say I think she's a little naive about Kavanaugh and roe v wade. 

Well then how does that "destroy" democrats? Sounds like she defended her vote well. No I didn't see it.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Did you watch it? she systematically went through each item. She even said she believed Feinstein and stood by her. Went after the leaker.. It masterful although I will say I think she's a little naive about Kavanaugh and roe v wade. 

She was also very respectful to both sides. The only person she attacked was the leaker of Fords letter.

12 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Well then how does that "destroy" democrats? Sounds like she defended her vote well. No I didn't see it.

She makes a very sober and articulate case for Kavanaugh and gives a good deal of perspective on any partisanship in regards to his actual legal arguments.

22 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

She makes a very sober and articulate case for Kavanaugh and gives a good deal of perspective on any partisanship in regards to his actual legal arguments.

She only cares about defending her vote to the people of Maine who elected her as a centrist who promised to protect abortion rights. 

• 9 Nines changed the title to Kavanaugh