Kavanaugh

9 Nines

14 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Lol that's a good one. He's getting confirmed. 

This throws the ball back in Flake and his GOP allies court.  There isn't much for them to spin it so the question becomes was this cover for them from the very beginning or will they stand up and vote no base on this sham investigation.  I'm not hopeful.

There is one other possibility. Avenatti hasn't played all his cards yet.  Julie Swetnick's declaration specifically said in item #14 that there were other witnesses to what she said.  Will they come forward?  Will Avenatti hold a press conference, bring them out and declare the investigation a sham?  It's a big opportunity for him if he's got the goods.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh Jake please stop talking about stuff you don't understand it makes me cringe. I really can't bear to see someone embarrass themselves like this. 

When the Republican Party sends its people, they’re not sending the best.   They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to Washington.  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

Ridiculous. He's imminently qualified. You mean he's not qualified for Kennedy's seat in the middle. In that, you may be right, but this is how the system works, and that's what's at the root of it. 

What a laugh. Accuse of him of a serious crime with no evidence, and then say he gets too mad to be a Justice. Horrible.

A man that commits perjury should not be on the supreme court. 

I like the limited FBI scope.  I was concerned about the FBI investigation because I assume it would be hard to get evidence on stuff like this and therefore nothing would come of the investigation.  Now, if nothing is found, the limited scope will rise in attention making that finding questionable from a public perception standpoint and if something is found under the limited scope investigation, then it will be much more difficult for  all republican senators to hide behind the "deep state" theme since the White House was controlling the investigation.   So now, with the limited scope, Republicans are in a no-win situation, as far as public perception of the outcome while  the democrats are in an either win or no-lose scenario. 

Also, I do not trust Avenati, so I am glad his client is not part of the investigation. 

Edited by 9 Nines

5 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

You temerity in guaranteeing that one of my loves one has been violated. I cannot image why you would want to go there...

It's pretty audacious to deny the facts

https://www.nsvrc.org/statistics

In the U.S., one in three women ... experienced some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime

13 minutes ago, begooode said:

There’s real pressure on Collins and murkowski.  If a ton of negative substantive reporting comes out, I dunno man. I didn’t think the FBI review was possible 2 days ago. The senate margin is that tight and this issue has the same emotional appeal (and potentially consequences) as Obamacare, imo.

The pressure is on Manchin.  They did that WV woman’s poll for a reason.  Create pressure for Manchin to confirm.

27 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

You temerity in guaranteeing that one of my loves one has been violated. I cannot image why you would want to go there...

Its shows your complete lack of awareness on the issue. Maybe you are lucky and I truly hope that's the case. The more likely scenario based on your views is that no one told you. Educate yourself on the issue and put down the partisan old white man stance.

21 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

The pressure is on Manchin.  They did that WV woman’s poll for a reason.  Create pressure for Manchin to confirm.

I don't see Manchin's vote being the key to determining the outcome.  The only way that happens is if two republicans vote no and he votes yes.  He's too smart for that.  If two republicans vote no, then he votes no and the republicans get the blame.   If republicans already have the votes for confirmation, he can votes yes and he still didn't determine the outcome.  Being the swing votes is where the peril lies.

30 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

Wrong senator.  it's probably Capito that has more pressure to confirm.

11 minutes ago, ctm said:

I don't see Manchin's vote being the key to determining the outcome.  The only way that happens is if two republicans vote no and he votes yes.  He's too smart for that.  If two republicans vote no, then he votes no and the republicans get the blame.   If republicans already have the votes for confirmation, he can votes yes and he still didn't determine the outcome.  Being the swing votes is where the peril lies.

It's all on Collins and Murkowski. Women in their states are up in arms.

46 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Wrong senator.  it's probably Capito that has more pressure to confirm.

Capito isn’t up for re-election and women voters in this state support Kav and Trump.  She is safe no pressure at all.

Edited by WVTITAN

53 minutes ago, ctm said:

Manchin is up for re-election.  This state supports trump and whatever he does.  They see Manchin as a replacement vote for Flake if he votes no.  If Manchin votes no the political ads will crush him.  The pressure is real for Manchin.

3 hours ago, ctm said:

But as of now, the FBI cannot ask the supermarket that employed Judge for records verifying when he was employed there, one of the sources was told. Ford said in congressional testimony Thursday that those records would help her narrow the time frame of the alleged incident which she recalls happening some time in the summer of 1982 in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Two sources familiar with the investigation said the FBI will also not be able to examine why Kavanaugh’s account of his drinking at Yale University differs from those of some former classmates, who have said he was known as a heavy drinker.

The conditions under which the FBI's reopened background check are occurring appears to differ from the one envisioned by Flake, who used his leverage as a swing vote to pressure the Trump administration to order the FBI investigation.

Flake said Friday he thought the FBI should decide the scope of the investigation.

“They’ll have to decide — the FBI you know, how far that goes,” he told reporters. “This is limited in time and scope and I think that it's appropriate when it's a lifetime appointment and allegations this serious and we ought to let people know that we're serious about it.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna915061?__twitter_impression=true

This is why I said if Flake was being genuine he would have ordered the investigation before voting Kavanaugh out of the committee. 

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

See, that wasn’t so hard to figure out who changed the Senate rules...

The Dems were the first to filibuster a court nominee.  Then Harry Reid hated it coming back to bite him that he removed it from all nominees except supreme court.   Then Mitch had no choice with the pathetic Dems refusing to vote on any good qualified conservative candidates.   All because they lost the election and Republicans followed the Biden rule with Garland.   But congrats on pointing out that Mitch changed the Senate rules.

47 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is why I said if Flake was being genuine he would have ordered the investigation before voting Kavanaugh out of the committee. 

Flake is just looking for cover. He won't push for the FBI to decide the scope. It'll come down to Collins and Murkowski. 

• 9 Nines changed the title to Kavanaugh