Thoughts on offense

OILERMAN

4 hours ago, RandyWhite said:

Perhaps you were too young to know who Randy White was. 

I have to admit I was a big Randy White (and Cowboys) fan back then when a kid.  Was an era when if you didn't have a team (like in Nashville) odds were high on the Cowboys or the Steelers.  Him, Too Tall, Martin - great DL.  And I did like Staubach.

Even got to hang with Danny White for a bit when he recorded an album with a family friend (he was TERRIBLE, singing anyway.  nice guy otherwise).  Loved that he punted.

But Earl, and Bum, and Pastorini/Stabler got me to cheer for the Oilers later.  Very convenient they moved to my town.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can only assume #11 must be HUGE...

Because if it's all the same then everyone who wanted a coaching change and everyone who criticized last year's offense were off their rockers. I mean, for fuck's sake... Robiskie and LaFleur are prac

We haven’t established that, doofus    you’re saying chocolate cake and whole wheat bread are the same because they both have eggs, milk, butter, and flour.    Don’t be retarded. 

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

He said (paraphrased, obviously) it's not that this offense has any different plays than the last offense

Here is a better one:

Titans OL Keith Carter:

"If you took our playbook 80% of it was what they did in the past......"

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/derrick-henry-titans-offense-is-built-on-outside-zone

Even if much of the plays are technically the same or similar, the fact that they will be set-up differently will be better.  Coming out to start a series with two run plays and then begging Mariota to bail them out on a 3rd and long with 2 receivers running curl routes will be a thing of the past.  

I think ML will have no problem calling vastly different formations and plays throughout the series, keeping defenses guessing on every play.  We should run the ball significantly, especially if the season goes the way we want it.  The problem with using the end of the season splits is that they don't typically account for situational football.  We may end up calling 60% run plays out of heavy formations, but if we are winning 10+ football games, much of that will be trying to run out the clock.  That doesn't mean we are running the same offense as last year, obviously.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Here is a better one:

Titans OL Keith Carter:

"If you took our playbook 80% of it was what they did in the past......"

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/derrick-henry-titans-offense-is-built-on-outside-zone

And a better one still from that same article.

Taylor Lewan read from the same script as Jones.

"I can't really put percentages on it, I was a general studies major in college," he said. "The technique is a lot different. I think there is a lot... of different things. I think when you run any offense, all the plays are always in there. We had all the plays in the last offense, the only difference is we are running more of other plays, we are running more of one play than we were another play."

The media can often overplay symbolism.

14 hours ago, ManningEnvy said:

I wish Manning was the spokesman for the Back to Portugal and Take a White Trash Tard With You Movement, but that's just me.

That’s like saying you dance to Portugal the man songs with needle nose pliers  attached to your nose while attempting to take a shit off an overpass on highway 65 hallucinating on crystal meth.

Now that we've established how these offenses are pretty much the same can we get back to the current offense and LaFluer....

I really think one aspect the talking heads are missing when making predictions is how much a healthy Davis and the upgrade from Murray to Lewis is

25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Now that we've established how these offenses are pretty much the same can we get back to the current offense and LaFluer....

I really think one aspect the talking heads are missing when making predictions is how much a healthy Davis and the upgrade from Murray to Lewis is

If Davis can stay healthy that is. 

30 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The offenses are the same in the way that all NFL offenses are "pretty much the same." No one is running completely unique stuff. That doesn't mean that different coaches with different philosophies don't matter.

It's pretty obvious you are just trying to say that any improvement in the offense is due to the players being better because if the coaches or system are any part of the improvement then it means you were wrong about Mularkey.

9 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The offenses are the same in the way that all NFL offenses are "pretty much the same." No one is running completely unique stuff.

No kidding

22 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I mean, it’s like you don’t understand the difference between power run blocking and zone blocking and how that synthesizes with the passing game. The two are completely different. We almost exclusively ran power the past two years. 

Which has nothing to do with my original point

The blocking will be different, the WR spacing will be different and I expect LaFluer to attack and game plan more innovatively.....

But the plan will be to run the ball, run the ball some more and pass the ball off of that run action....just like Mularkey. 

The Titans aren't going to spread the field in a hurry up, play 3 WRs a huge portion and keep Mariota in shotgun all the time with him calling his own plays. And to act like that's not what the retards wanted is a lie....

The biggest reason the offense should be better is Davis and Taylor are in year two and healthy, Mariota is healthy and Lewis is a huge upgrade over Murray