Titans sign Blaine Gabbert

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gabbert is fine as a backup. Move on.

There aren’t 32 good QB’s in the NFL.  How the hell do we expect there to be 33?  A former starter with experience is the best you are going to get as a back up.

Yes Backup QB officially upgraded.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Werid, I took a lot of shit for saying Suh was holding us back from signing some free agents.  Lo and behold we make a free agent signing less then 24 hrs after his announcement.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a DT signing in the next few days, 3rd safety, and ILB.

I agree the 2nd phase of our FA was in a "holding pattern" waiting for Suh, I think we might use the draft for ILB and S, and we might go the veteran FA route for WR/DT.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

3 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Gabbert beat Jax and Tennessee last year.

Also he had a 44 yard run TD to force OT against Chicago then in OT threw a 70 yard TD and that was year before last as backup QB as well.

Gabbert is solid as you can get for backup and much better than Cassel.

He went 2-3 last year with a badass 71 QBR. Gabbert should have been banned from the league after his 3rd season. That was the most painful QB play I have ever seen. If were gonna stoop this low then I say bring back VY. At least he can post a winning record with a shitty QBR. 

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I agree the 2nd phase of our FA was in a "holding pattern" waiting for Suh, I think we might use the draft for ILB and S, and we might go the veteran FA route for WR/DT.

Definitely feel we are going to draft a safety and multiple linebackers in the draft, probably even DT.  However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab contingencies with no guarantees that could be cut during training camp.

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I agree and hope this is the route we go too! And we all know gabbert isn't a great QB BUT he's way better than noodle arm cassel and if Marcus does go down this year, I can actually watch the game and not feel like it's an automatic loss!!

Just now, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

He went 2-3 last year with a badass 71 QBR. Gabbert should have been banned from the league after his 3rd season. That was the most painful QB play I have ever seen. If were gonna stoop this low then I say bring back VY. At least he can post a winning record with a shitty QBR. 

He is not a starter but as far as backups go he was the best left. Not saying he is great or anything but he has improved as his career has progressed. He is an upgrade over Cassel easily.

1 minute ago, Titanzfan88 said:

I agree and hope this is the route we go too! And we all know gabbert isn't a great QB BUT he's way better than noodle arm cassel and if Marcus does go down this year, I can actually watch the game and not feel like it's an automatic loss!!

Same here. If Mariota misses a game at least we don't go into it feeling hopeless like we did with Cassel. With Gabbert we do have a shot and he has won games as a backup.

Gabbert struggled early in his career as many QB's do. His first four years were not good but it was in his 5th year in 2015 where a change of scenery in San Francisco and a new offense seemed to have rejuvinated his career.

On November 8, 2015, Gabbert made his first start since October 2013, leading the 49ers to a 17–16 victory over the Atlanta Falcons. He completed 15 of 25 passes for 185 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. On November 9, 2015, it was announced that Gabbert would remain the starter when the 49ers played the Seahawks on November 22. The 49ers lost 29-13, with Gabbert completing 22 of 34 passes for 264 yards and a touchdown with a 98.2 passer rating. With the 49ers down 20–13 to the Chicago Bears late in the fourth quarter on December 6, 2015, Gabbert rushed for a 44-yard touchdown. He then threw a 71-yard game-winning touchdown to Torrey Smith in overtime for a 26–20 49ers victory. Gabbert finished the 2015 season with 2,031 passing yards with 10 touchdowns and 7 interceptions for an 86.2 passer rating and won 3 games.

On May 10, 2017, Gabbert signed a one-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He started the season as the third-string quarterback. He was named the Week 11 starter after injuries to Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton. During the game, he threw for 257 yards and a career-high 3 touchdowns as the Cardinals lost to the Houston Texans by a score of 31–21. Gabbert remained the starter in a 27-24 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. He threw for 241 yards with 2 touchdowns and an 83.3 passer rating against his former team. Against Tennessee he completed 17 of 26, 65% comp rate, 180 yards with no TD or INT and won the game 12-7.

Not bad for a backup QB..........

Edited by MIKE75

30 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Gabbert beat Jax and Tennessee last year.

Also he had a 44 yard run TD to force OT against Chicago then in OT threw a 70 yard TD and that was year before last as backup QB as well.

Gabbert is solid as you can get for backup and much better than Cassel.

He's better than Cassel no question about that, but to be better than Cassel the bar is pretty low.