Titans sign Blaine Gabbert

37 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Gabbert will do good under LeFluer

I think so as well. There us no denying Gabbert was terrible his first four years of play, However in his fifth year a change of scenery,a new offense as well as the game starting to slow down helped Gabbert play much better than before. In fact over the past three years he played much better than before.

One of Gabbert's best games in 2015 his team lost at Detroit 32-17 but that loss was more on the defense as Gabbert completed 22 of 33, 67% comp rate, 225 yards, 2TD & 0INT, 106.2 Passer rating, statistically that was a very good game. Seattle had one of the best defenses in the league and Gabbert completed 22 of 34,65% comp rate, 265 yards, 1TD & 0INT along with a 98.2 passer rating another good game vs a tough defense and lost 29-13. The last game of 2015 vs. the Rams Gabbert completed 28 of 44, 64% comp rate, 355 yards, 1TD & 1INT and a decent 86.7 passer rating helped Gabbert win the game 19-16. From these three games statistically as well as me going back and watching these games Gabbert had very clearly turned the corner and looking at the numbers those are numbers a starter could have.

First game of 2016 against the Rams Gabbert completed 22 of 35, 63% comp rate, 170 yards, 1TD & 0INT. In a 24-17 seven point loss vs Dallas he completed 16 of 23, 70% comp rate, 200 yards, 1TD & 1INT.

In 2017 in a 27-24 win over his former team the Jaguars he threw for 241 yards with 2 touchdowns and an interception. Against Tennessee he completed 17 of 26, 65% comp rate, 180 yards with no TD or INT and won the game 12-7. At Houston he completed 22 of 34, 65% comp rate, 255 yards, 3TD & 2INT and a a good 92.4 passer rating.

Looking at Gabbert statistically the past 3 years he clearly has the numbers that a starter would in some of his games. He is not quite a starter but as far as a backup i think he is the best at the moment and Tennessee were lucky enough to sign him.

Edited by MIKE75

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gabbert is fine as a backup. Move on.

There aren’t 32 good QB’s in the NFL.  How the hell do we expect there to be 33?  A former starter with experience is the best you are going to get as a back up.

Yes Backup QB officially upgraded.

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Nash said:

Add Kessler or Hogan, and the qb group has had a major upgrade ... 

Agreed. Especially Kessler. I think Kessler could do well if he gets to a team that gives him a shot. He played well in most of the games i saw him play and much better than Kizer. Still wondering why they didnt give Kessler more time he showed promise.

16 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So the Packers don't know what they are doing?  Apparently Kizer does have some upside that Kessler and Hundley don't.  That is meaningful to me how they feel about Kizer. 

All teams make mistakes at time and who knows maybe Kizer turns into something. As far as what i have seen so far Kessler played better than Kizer and i've got the feeling quite a few Browns do as well.

Well we have 2 first round QB's on our roster.

Gabbert was drafted in first round with the 10th pick in the 2011 draft then just four drafts later in 2015 draft Mariota was drafted with the second pick.

So Tennessee has 2 first round QB's

10 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Gabbert was drafted in first round with the 10th pick in the 2011 draft then just four drafts later in 2015 draft Mariota was drafted with the second pick.

They had 2 last year as well.

15 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

We have a serious problem if this matters.

Gabbert was drafted 7 years ago and is a backup QB.  His draft spot hasn't mattered for about 5 years.

Just now, ceeder said:

We have a serious problem if this matters.

Gabbert was drafted 7 years ago and is a backup QB.  His draft spot hasn't mattered for about 5 years.

Just throwin' info out there. But it does look good that we have two first round QB's thats pretty strong. With the way Gabbert has improved it bodes well for us just in case Mariota misses time again.

Just now, MIKE75 said:

Just throwin' info out there. But it does look good that we have two first round QB's thats pretty strong. With the way Gabbert has improved it bodes well for us just in case Mariota misses time again.

But why?

Why does it look good?  On what exactly?  A video game or a magazine or something?

Would you think less of 28 year old Blaine Gabbert if he was a 2nd round pick back seven years ago?

I just don't understand this fascination people have with draft positions on guys who have clearly reached their ceiling and were drafted a decade ago.  Sorry.  :D

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Locker was a better QB than Gabbert...

Back then from 2011 through 2014 you are correct that Locker was better than Gabbert.

Would've been interesting to see if Locker could've improved like Gabbert after 2014.