Former GM Floyd Reese And What Could've Been

MIKE75

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought Fisher had one of the most impressive performances of his career in that loss to the Ravens.   The Titans had game planned the Ravens perfectly and pretty much controlled the game on both si

2000 good times, we went to the game. we were on our way back to my uncle's house when we stopped for gas after the game. My uncle comes out of the gas station looking all somber. I asked what was goi

The delay of game was so blatant. It was like 2 seconds after it had hit 0 that Flacco snapped the ball

The delay of game was so blatant. It was like 2 seconds after it had hit 0 that Flacco snapped the ball

Even more egregious was Ed Reed trying to twist CJ's foot off in a pile up while the ref watched the entire thing & did nothing. Finally Stewart sees it happening & shoves Reed...ref promptly throws the flag. I could not believe what I was watching.

Even more egregious was Ed Reed trying to twist CJ's foot off in a pile up while the ref watched the entire thing & did nothing. Finally Stewart sees it happening & shoves Reed...ref promptly throws the flag. I could not believe what I was watching.

I remember that game mostly for how mad I was at Bo Scaife. He had a fumble inside the 5 yard line or something, and he also caught the ball out of bounds when it was so easy to get both feet in. IIRC Harbaugh challenged and it got pushed back and we had to punt

I remember that game mostly for how mad I was at Bo Scaife. He had a fumble inside the 5 yard line or something, and he also caught the ball out of bounds when it was so easy to get both feet in. IIRC Harbaugh challenged and it got pushed back and we had to punt

Alge fumbled. But I sort of remember the Scaife play you're talking about. It's amazing how much crazy stuff went the Ravens way for them to win by a FG.

I still remember when the game ended, both Flacco & Harbaugh looked almost shocked, especially  Harbaugh. It was almost like he couldn't believe they won & he was checking to make sure time was really up. 

Remember when munchak was gonna coach longer than fisher? Speaking of total retard

Remember when CJ was going to get cut....and then he was going to get cut again.....and then finally, three years later, he was cut and you were right!! You're a real Nostradamus.  

Funnily enough, Munch had more winning seasons in his three years than Fisher has...not to mention his H2H win in St. Louis.  

But we still dominated them even after LDW was the back. And of course CJ would be the centerpiece of the game plan, he was the best player. But that doesn't mean we were one dimensional. You said it yourself in the post, about play faking to CJ & hitting on some downfield passes. I'm really not sure what your beef was with the game plan.

I never said we were one dimensional, I said that the gameplan revolved around CJ.  Not only was that an identical gameplan to every other game Fisher has coached, but it was blatantly obvious that the Ravens knew the plan and were selling out to stop it...hell, they defeated it the first time they came to Nashville and took us out. 

I have a question...what do you think the Rams gameplan will be week 1 this year?  

The Titans gained more yards in that game than the Ravens gave up in any other game that year, regular or postseason. And that was with losing their best player before the half. The week before they dismantled Chad Pennington, the league MVP runner up. 

I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous to criticize Fisher for this game.

The 2000 and 2008 games were not even remotely similar. Fisher coached the 2000 game scared that's why they lost. He coached the 2008 game aggressively and lost because of fluke plays which all went against the Titans.

In my opinion the 2000 game was the worst coached big game of Fisher's career and the 2008 game was the best. You can coach a great game and lose. It does happen.

The 2000 and 2008 games were not even remotely similar. Fisher coached the 2000 game scared that's why they lost. He coached the 2008 game aggressively and lost because of fluke plays which all went against the Titans.

In my opinion the 2000 game was the worst coached big game of Fisher's career and the 2008 game was the best. You can coach a great game and lose. It does happen.

Fisher was too conservative in 2000, I won't argue that. But it's still on the players. You just can't miss 2 FG's and have a 3rd blocked & returned for a score as well as bumbling a ball into Ray Lewis's hands for a TD & have a chance of winning. But nevertheless, this game makes a lot more sense to kill Fisher than '08.

Fisher was too conservative in 2000, I won't argue that. But it's still on the players. You just can't miss 2 FG's and have a 3rd blocked & returned for a score as well as bumbling a ball into Ray Lewis's hands for a TD & have a chance of winning. But nevertheless, this game makes a lot more sense to kill Fisher than '08.

But who made the decision to keep a declining kicker on the roster to miss 2 FGs and have a 3rd blocked? Del Greco should not have been on the 2000 roster. That game was punishment for the Titans being stupid and shortsighted and is another reason why Fisher is a .500 coach. 

For a coach who loved playing it close and kicking FGs, he kept a kicker around who struggled on grass and with kicks over 42 yards. Many fans wanted Del Greco replaced after the 1997 season. Instead, we kept a washed up 38 year old kicker around because he was reliable from under 40 yards. Think about this. Rob Bironas' career FG% was 85%. Del Greco, 77%.

Many fans expected a Del Greco meltdown. I vaguely recall OMan constantly posting about what a liability Del Greco was. 

Edited by Btowner

Remember when CJ was going to get cut....and then he was going to get cut again.....and then finally, three years later, he was cut and you were right!! You're a real Nostradamus.  

No, in fact those are lies, I didn't say he'd get cut the same year he signed an extension retard

I said he was going to get cut one year before he did, they debated it. They clearly should have and you saw the light and quit blaming the OL for him sucking

No it's not on the players. When you play for field goals it's on the coach. They could have had that game put away in the first half. Instead Fisher decided to play it close to the vest, refusing to put the ball in McNair's hands until they were trailing. If Fisher had coached the game like he coached the 2008 playoff game the Titans win that game something like 34-7. They were a significantly better football team than Baltimore. I don't give Del Greco one bit of blame. Because in his career he had always struggled with pressure kicks. In football you play for touchdowns, not field goals.

After that performance I wouldn't have had any issues if Bud Adams decided to fire Fisher. In coaching you're judged by how you coach the big games and that was flat out awful

No it's not on the players. When you play for field goals it's on the coach. They could have had that game put away in the first half. Instead Fisher decided to play it close to the vest, refusing to put the ball in McNair's hands until they were trailing. If Fisher had coached the game like he coached the 2008 playoff game the Titans win that game something like 34-7. They were a significantly better football team than Baltimore. I don't give Del Greco one bit of blame. Because in his career he had always struggled with pressure kicks. In football you play for touchdowns, not field goals.

After that performance I wouldn't have had any issues if Bud Adams decided to fire Fisher. In coaching you're judged by how you coach the big games and that was flat out awful

The Ravens gave up what, 2 TDs that entire postseason? You think it was a case of Fisher settling for FGs? Perhaps. You could just as easily argue that they just flat out stopped us. Again, Fisher certainly could've been more aggressive, but the fact is we dominated the Ravens & tripled up their yardage. We lost because of 2 crazy plays. 

The refs were NOT giving us a fair shot against Baltimore in a close playoff game. The TV networks did not want to see a Collins-led small market team in the AFC championship. The Ed Reed shit and the missed delay-of-game were completely deliberate.