Titans trying to trade CJ (Update pg. 24: Release Expected Today)

Face

Why would someone want to trade for a guy who is gonna be cut eventually anyways.

If a team truly wanted him, and it could reach a fair deal with him, that team might give a 5th or 6th round to avoid other teams making better offers. Those two scenarios are doubtful but that would be the reason. 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's gonna look goofy as hell sitting on the bench for another team in a Titans uniform

I'm still surprised that anyone who has watched this team is even entertaining the notion of retaining Chris Johnson. It reminds me of an episode of Hoarders that I watched recently featuring a woman

The real question is.... How many picks is it going to take for us to pawn him off on another team? 

I'd be willing to give up a third to dump him on a rival team but anything more than that is to steep if you ask me. 

The real question is.... How many picks is it going to take for us to pawn him off on another team? 

I'd be willing to give up a third to dump him on a rival team but anything more than that is to steep if you ask me. 

Not sure if you are kidding here, but we can just cut him.  I don't think you can transfer the remaining signing bonus money over to the new team in a trade, but maybe you can.  We have $4 million in remaining SB money that would all be due if we cut him before June 1 or it would be $2 million this year and $2 million next year if we cut him after June 1.  Either way, we save $4 to $6 million against the cap by cutting him.

Once again, the date of June 1st has no bearing on the cap money. They can divide the money between years regardless of whether it is June 1st or not.

Edited by WG53

Either way CJ would have to agree to the deal first and it would have to be a team he wanted to go to. His agent knows he is better off being free so he can decide where he wants to play IMO. Any team would be bat crazy to over pay this guy again and give up any picks to boot. And nobody is going to want to take him on his current deal which is the only way he can be forced to go to a specific team.

Won't happen; I was just stating "why" if it did.