Pees/LeFleur Press Conference Going Live at 10:30CT

XAEA12

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We'll be extremely detailed with his fundamentals and footwork."    LaFleur on Mariota.

you can pick what you want from wal-mart and you can pick what you want from Barneys New York...not gonna get the same thing in the end

So for those not listening/watching, this was one major takeaway: Not forced out - had a contract extension offer from John Harbaugh. Thought he wanted to retire, but after realized it wasn't right fo

Other than the beginning of his presser, I thought LaFleur did well. 

Either way, if he's successful at improving the offense and Mariota,   teams aren't going to not give him a head coaching job because he doesn't do well speaking in front of the press. 

So prepare yourselves for him to be gone in 2-3 seasons. 

26 minutes ago, scine09 said:

He was clearly extremely nervous and stumbling over his words.  He also didn't sound the least bit authoritative and I think you need at least a little bit of that to succeed as a head coach.

1) Everyone has a starting point. 

2) There are more ways than 1 to skin a cat.

3) I could care less about LaFleur as a head coach because unless Vrabel spectacularly flames out, which seems highly unlikely at this point, LaFleur probably has about a 0% chance to be our head coach.

The biggest takeaway was definitely being flexible and not forcing players into their scheme. 

You could tell that was a point of emphasis when they were hired. 

Really liked that LaFleur wants to break Mariota out of his "I don't want to disappoint you" shell and encourage him to tell the staff what he wants. 

Edited by Stranger

LaFleur sounded excited and looking forward to this opportunity, I have a very good hunch about this coaching staff all-over.

I hope my hunch is right. While I know it's a very new process, a fresh start, specially on Vrabel's part as a HC, he is surrounded with a very talented, young/experienced/succesful staff. And the core of players is also a reason to have high-hopes since each of them showed sparks of their talent and how this team can get up to better heights.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

1) Everyone has a starting point. 

2) There are more ways than 1 to skin a cat.

3) I could care less about LaFleur as a head coach because unless Vrabel spectacularly flames out, which seems highly unlikely at this point, LaFleur probably has about a 0% chance to be our head coach.

More an issue if LaFleur is good and leaves to take a head coach position.    Could hurt like McVay leaving the Skins.