Titans Shopping Derrick Henry, per Mike Silver

Jonboy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to ignore @OILERMAN's attempt to bring the thread on topic to share a story from this weekend. I went to see D&D: Honor Among Thieves with a buddy of mine.  It was a good movie, but

Samaje Perine would be a nice low-cost addition, while drafting a mid-round runningback.        

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, FireInTheHole said:

Only way I can see that is positional value. 

He doesn't mean it like that. He's talking about his subpar playoff games versus Baltimore and coming coming back from a broken foot against Cinci. The guy was literally our entire offense last year and was second in total yards behind a garbage line/scheme/and an injured Tannehill. 

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

It's almost like strength of schedule matters.

It isn't the fact they didn't bomb in 2021 that matters, it's the fact the perception was there that him going down meant the end of the season that matters. "Overrated" is a determination of perception.

18 minutes ago, Nash said:

And then there is this:

Henry to the Cowboys?

More speculation. At this point it seems like a foregone conclusion the Titans will let Henry play out the final year of his contract and then move on. 

I'm more interested in what the Titans do in the draft at RB and how they split the workload this season with Henry

7 hours ago, OzTitan said:

Henry's overrated in the sense a common prediction for the Titans in 2021 when he went down was they were going to bomb the standings (like they did last year, once Tannehill got hurt).

The last two seasons we've seen the offense without Henry and we've seen the offense without Tannehill. 

The idea Henry is more important is laughingly stupid

4 hours ago, OzTitan said:

It isn't the fact they didn't bomb in 2021 that matters, it's the fact the perception was there that him going down meant the end of the season that matters. "Overrated" is a determination of perception.

The offense dropped by seven points a game but the team got carried by the defense. I guess people could have thought to defense was also going to fall apart against the easier part of the schedule, but it's more likely they thought the offense would suffer. Which it clearly did. In fact, the offense dropped by more points per game with Henry gone than it did when Tannehill was gone and was replaced by a complete bum in Willis the next year ... but the defense also fell apart and the team stopped playing the worst opponents in the league so they started losing.

People have narratives about the last two years but they're often not based in the facts of how the offense did and how the defense did and how good or bad the opponents were. Which isn't really surprising.

5 hours ago, OzTitan said:

But wouldn't that mean that the overall impact of the RB position is overrated more than it means Henry himself is overrated? I think very highly of Henry and yet I wasn't dumb enough to think losing him would be the primary reason for the offense falling off. 

35 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

The offense dropped by seven points a game but the team got carried by the defense. I guess people could have thought to defense was also going to fall apart against the easier part of the schedule, but it's more likely they thought the offense would suffer. Which it clearly did. In fact, the offense dropped by more points per game with Henry gone than it did when Tannehill was gone and was replaced by a complete bum in Willis the next year ... but the defense also fell apart and the team stopped playing the worst opponents in the league so they started losing.

People have narratives about the last two years but they're often not based in the facts of how the offense did and how the defense did and how good or bad the opponents were. Which isn't really surprising.

I love the part where you gloss over the drop in PPG coinciding with the WRs being out. 

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I love the part where you gloss over the drop in PPG coinciding with the WRs being out. 

They're are plenty of threads on it from 2022. People ignored it then as well, but without Henry dropped more than without AJ Brown.