Titans Shopping Derrick Henry, per Mike Silver

Jonboy

22 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Fair, he absolutely could still improve and develop tremendously.  The kid is, what, 21?  It's still a HUGE gamble and an outlier in terms of historic success.  

he needs more development and staying in college would be in his best interest if he really wanted to improve.

sadly the NFL just doesn't have systems in place to develop QBs  and taking a big gamble is the only way to get a guy like AR.

Edited by bizzyeddie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to ignore @OILERMAN's attempt to bring the thread on topic to share a story from this weekend. I went to see D&D: Honor Among Thieves with a buddy of mine.  It was a good movie, but

Samaje Perine would be a nice low-cost addition, while drafting a mid-round runningback.        

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Fair, he absolutely could still improve and develop tremendously.  The kid is, what, 21?  It's still a HUGE gamble and an outlier in terms of historic success.  

I'm intrigued by his mental make up. From all accounts he's an exceptional guy that takes the game seriously and will put in the work to be great. I wonder how many guys failed because they weren't either self-aware enough of driven enough to fix their flaws rather than due to physical limitations. If we were talking about a guy expected to go in the late second or 3rd like Willis I'd be all over it. I just worry that this team can't afford to gamble with high picks and has dire immediate needs. As I've learned more about Richardson I'm less convinced he'll definitely be a bust. I think he has a chance to be something. I'm interested in his development but I'd rather watch it from afar. 

30 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I'm intrigued by his mental make up. From all accounts he's an exceptional guy that takes the game seriously and will put in the work to be great. I wonder how many guys failed because they weren't either self-aware enough of driven enough to fix their flaws rather than due to physical limitations. If we were talking about a guy expected to go in the late second or 3rd like Willis I'd be all over it. I just worry that this team can't afford to gamble with high picks and has dire immediate needs. As I've learned more about Richardson I'm less convinced he'll definitely be a bust. I think he has a chance to be something. I'm interested in his development but I'd rather watch it from afar. 

I kinda agree but we heard the same things about Jake Locker being an exceptional human being and don't even get me started on the Mariota character hype coming out of Oregon.  Everyone works hard at this level so I'm not sure that's enough to really do it for me. 

I'm not rooting against the kid or anything.  Hope he proves all of his doubters wrong.  I'm just not really stoked about my team gambling the next 5 years on him because I think the chances of him panning out are much lower than many want to admit.  

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Richardson is a guy that gets two years max to show a huge jump. If you draft him and the team collapses next year you draft another QB. He doesn't get 5 years like Mariota. 

If Richardson goes where people think he will, he's making 10M / Year for 4 years guaranteed.  That means if you were to cut him after 2 years, you're eating 20 Million ish.  I'm no cap expert so someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that seems crazy, especially when you consider that most teams are built around the QB so unless you draft a similar guy, you're going to have to retool the roster again.  

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

If Richardson goes where people think he will, he's making 10M / Year for 4 years guaranteed.  That means if you were to cut him after 2 years, you're eating 20 Million ish.  I'm no cap expert so someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that seems crazy, especially when you consider that most teams are built around the QB so unless you draft a similar guy, you're going to have to retool the roster again.  

I don't care what you're paying him. He gets 2 years max to show he can be an NFL player. It doesn't mean you cut him, but you take another swing if he hasn't shown great development by the end of year two, possibly after his rookie year depending on what he's shown. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don't care what you're paying him. He gets 2 years max to show he can be an NFL player. It doesn't mean you cut him, but you take another swing if he hasn't shown great development by the end of year two, possibly after his rookie year depending on what he's shown. 

Or, you know, draft a guy who isn't an almost guaranteed bust and save your self 3-4 years of heartache and a lot of money.  

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

It would suck but you can probably trade him for something if you're done. Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen are examples.

I think it could be 3 years minimum unless he's a total disaster though. That's what Darnold got. Allen really popped in year 3 also. 5 years is dumb though.