2023 OL situation

ChesterCopperpot1

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Personally I think he might retire his body has broken down and he has a media career awaiting him, watching him do that alternate channel ESPN coverage of the CFB National Tittle Game there will be some kind of TV opportunity for him on top of his podcast.

If he doesn't want to play that's another story 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sir, this is a thread about the 2023 OL. 

The entire pass rush fell off when Autry went out and Simmons played hurt. When those guys are on everyone else produces more. 

Once again proving you can't read Slater ran a 4.88s 40yd idiot.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

Wyatt said in his mailbag what I think most of us are already anticipating with Nate Davis 

0D11E2F3-A139-436C-9A09-FC680B735475.jpeg

Kuharsky also said that he thought he was one of the guys Vrabel was talking about with that "8:00 to 5:00" comment or whatever.

Unlike Conklin, I think the Titans would be wise to allow Davis to walk in FA.  He's been up and down, there are concerns with injury and work ethic, and pass blocking (though he was actually better this year) is only okay.

You have Jones coming back and you have some pretty good depth pieces at IOL with Levin and Brewer so I would feel pretty good putting a young guy in at RG.

Now, LG on the other hand I would go look for a veteran.  Doesn't have to be a top end guy but you want someone with some experience and dependability playing next to your LTOF.  

I don't think the offensive line turnaround time is going to be as quick as everyone is  expecting.  This is an extremely weak free agent class, and we potentially are still looking at 4 new starters, in a very weak free agent class for offensive lineman.  Ben Jones has stated he is preparing to play next year, but will see how his body holds up.

4 hours ago, Thumbtack said:

I don't think the offensive line turnaround time is going to be as quick as everyone is  expecting.  This is an extremely weak free agent class, and we potentially are still looking at 4 new starters, in a very weak free agent class for offensive lineman.  Ben Jones has stated he is preparing to play next year, but will see how his body holds up.

Brewer can play center and be a serviceable backup should Ben Jones break down as he probably will at points in the season.  Radunz and Levin give them solid depth and you have NPF at RG.  That means really, all you need is a couple of guards, maybe even only 1 and a LT.  That shouldn't be a problem if Carthon is good.  

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Brewer can play center and be a serviceable backup should Ben Jones break down as he probably will at points in the season.  Radunz and Levin give them solid depth and you have NPF at RG.  That means really, all you need is a couple of guards, maybe even only 1 and a LT.  That shouldn't be a problem if Carthon is good.  

The LT in this class aren't generational type players. They will definitely we an improvement over Daley, but will take their fair share of growing pains.

I think it's in our best interest to find a veteran guard to play beside our potential rookie LT. While drafting another C/G swing player. In the earlier rounds.

15 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not sure its realistic to think either Darnell Wright or Darwand Jones will make it to #41.

Anyone see the great interview with Darnell Wright? Bright kid. Played the 5 in HS basketball but loved to bring the ball up the court when he could. The seem to see him creeping into the back of round one.

I'd love to move back a bit in the first round and get an extra pick from some team targeting someone/thing and nab Wright or Jones or Bergeron or Mauch later in RD 1 and another OL and a WR/CB/EDGE with 3 picks in first two rounds.

People don’t like the idea of drafting 2 OL, yet admit the FA OL are overpriced and not good value. 

Yet want to fix the OL. Or rather just let it be crippled, because it’s crazy to get two. It’s weird. The group is almost half the starting offense, ffs.

The pathway to any decent much less improved QB play requires fixing the OL. The cheapest way to increase the talent in a weak FA pool is via the draft. 

Edited by GLinks

57 minutes ago, GLinks said:

People don’t like the idea of drafting 2 OL, yet admit the FA OL are overpriced and not good value. 

Yet want to fix the OL. Or rather just let it be crippled, because it’s crazy to get two. It’s weird. The group is almost half the starting offense, ffs.

The pathway to any decent much less improved QB play requires fixing the OL. The cheapest way to increase the talent in a weak FA pool is via the draft. 

Not sure there is any much objection to doubling up and taking multiple OL over the course of the draft.

The debate is what do you do with that 2nd round pick #41 and whether you can pass on some of those speedy WR or EDGE that will be there to take a second OL (assuming Carthon fills the biggest current need LT at pick #11)

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not sure there is any much objection to doubling up and taking multiple OL over the course of the draft.

The debate is what do you do with that 2nd round pick #41 and whether you can pass on some of those speedy WR or EDGE that will be there to take a second OL (assuming Carthon fills the biggest current need LT at pick #11)

I think #41 is going to be decided for them with FA.  You can get by with the current edge group.  It's not ideal but they have some dudes who can play.  WR and OL demands attention even if they get a LT at #11.  With Ben Jones back, a rookie LT, and NPF at RT if they get one veteran IOL player in FA I could see them being comfortable to wait on another OL and going after WR there.  

12 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

As long as 2 of the first 3 are OL that grade out and they don't reach I couldn't care less about whether the 2nd one is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. They simply need to restock the OL in FA and through the draft.

Edited by oldschool