AJ Brown to IR

titanskick8851

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly thought Tate would be out there, purely out of desperation.

Just gotta limp into the playoffs and hope guys are healthy 

This will be the worst WR core ever to step on the field for a game in league history

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

This seems like a silly time to make that complaint. You're looking for ways to be outraged imo

Nope. I've said for years it's amazing your depressed ass gets out of bed each morning. The Titans currently have the #1 seed and a very favorable schedule to the rest of the AFC. They can easily still go into the playoffs in a position of strength. Sorry eeyore, the world isn't going to end tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Amy said:

Jags game.  All I will say is all the pressure is on the Pats no one expects the Titans to keep it close 

Considering the way the Pats have played recently over their past 5 games, the pressure shouldn't be much of a problem for them.

Only the most optimistic fans in NE are expecting a 59-0 blowout like the one in 2009, but keeping the game close will be a huge challenge.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Disappointing but not surprising news when the ESPN guys Graziano/Fowler started mentioning the multiple injuries Brown was dealing with and he was week to week IR was always going to be realistic possibility.

While the sheer volume of injuries is completely overwhelming right now it wasn't hard to predict prior to the season this roster was light on offensive depth and was going to be taking a huge risk on the health of Brown coming off two knee surgeries and Julio and his hamstring issues, throw in a room full of JAGS at TE and an aging injury prone OL and the foundation of this offense was shaky to begin with.

No one could of predicted this team setting the record for number of players used in a season in NFL history by week 12 but there were a few of us that questioned the over use of offseason resources to improve the defense to the detriment of maintaining a top 5 offense from the 2020 season.

C'mon man. No team has enough depth to cover the loss of their preseason top 3 RBs (Henry, McNichols, Evans) and top 3-4 WRs (Brown, Julio, Johnson, Reynolds). You've beat this drum like it's a dead horse, but this isn't the week for it.

Just now, titaninpgh said:

C'mon man. No team has enough depth to cover the loss of their preseason top 3 RBs (Henry, McNichols, Evans) and top 3-4 WRs (Brown, Julio, Johnson, Reynolds). You've beat this drum like it's a dead horse, but this isn't the week for it.

You're right, it doesn't matter how deep a team is when it has to deal with the sheer volume of injuries that Tennessee has had to.

8 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I said above no one could of predicted the extent of the injuries but it also doesn't change the concerns many had prior to the season that this team was light at the offensive skill positions.

The discussion last offseason had the board split on whether too many resources were pumped into fixing the defense at the expense of maintaining/building on the strength of this team which was a top 5 offense, had Smith and Davis been adequately replaced before the desperation move for Julio things might not of been so dire right now. 

I supported the move for Julio but hated the fact the roster was in such a state it was a necessary move.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I said above no one could of predicted the extent of the injuries but it also doesn't change the concerns many had prior to the season that this team was light at the offensive skill positions.

The discussion last offseason had the board split on whether too many resources were pumped into fixing the defense at the expense of maintaining/building on the strength of this team which was a top 5 offense, had Smith and Davis been adequately replaced before the desperation move for Julio things might not of been so dire right now. 

I supported the move for Julio but hated the fact the roster was in such a state it was a necessary move.

You've written some variation of this statement at least 25 times. I get it. But you're using this as an opportunity to plug your narrative when it's less relevant in such a catastrophic injury situation.

It sucks they were backed into a corner of needing Julio, but welcome to the NFL salary cap in a Super Bowl window.

Retrospectively, Johnson, Rodgers, Reynolds, and Batson should have been adequate depth to cover for occasional missed games by Julio and Brown. Fitzpatrick was a miss, as you continue to point out, but that shouldn't have mattered this season with the other depth they had. How much more could they have possibly invested in backup WRs?

What do you think they should have down at back up RB? They invested a 3rd round pick in their backup RB and had a solid 3rd down back. With a FB on the roster, most teams aren't going to carry more than 3 RBs. Again, what else should they have done?

I'll admit they sacrificed at the TE position. They thought Firkser would develop and instead he regressed. So be it. No roster will be without holes.

No AFC contender is without depth issues or skill position holes.

The Chiefs back up skill position players suck. If Hill or Kelce went down for an extended period, they'd be screwed.

The Bills RBs are an obvious weakness.

The Pats starting WR are freaking Nelson Agholor and Jakobi Myers.

The Ravens probably should have invested more in RB depth to cover for 3 season-ending injuries, huh.

Edited by titaninpgh

Just now, titaninpgh said:

You've written some variation of this statement at least 25 times. I get it. But you're using this as an opportunity to plug your narrative when it's less relevant in such a catastrophic injury situation.

It sucks they were backed into a corner of needing Julio, but welcome to the NFL salary cap in a Super Bowl window.

Retrospectively, Johnson, Rodgers, Reynolds, and Batson should have been adequate depth to cover for occasional missed games by Julio and Brown. Fitzpatrick was a miss, as you continue to point out, but that shouldn't have mattered this season with the other depth they had. How much more could they have possibly invested in backup WRs?

What do you think they should have down at back up RB? They invested a 3rd round pick in their backup RB and had a solid 3rd down back. With a FB on the roster, most teams aren't going to carry more than 3 RBs. Again, what else should they have done?

I'll admit they sacrificed at the TE position. They thought Firkser would develop and instead he regressed. So be it. No roster will be without holes.

Have no issues with the situation at RB prior to the season was just bad luck with injuries, I have actually defended the Darrynton Evans draft pick on multiple occasions as there was no injury/character concerns with him prior to him being drafted. 

My issues were always around talent and depth at WR and TE and relying on an aging injury prone OL.

Will also add I am not one of those calling for JRob to be on the hot seat or being fired but I also think he has made some really poor decisions both in FA and the Draft post making the AFCCG (so the 2020 and 2021 offseasons)

14 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

Would you rather have Elijah Moore or Caleb Farley right now?  Easy answer, and that's what else could have been done.  Instead, JRob took Farley who had 3 major surgeries while in college and then sat out a year.  Not to mention that at draft time, the team already had Fulton and Jenkins on the roster and then drafted Molden in the 3rd....all before he took a WR.

Edited by ctm

14 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

No argument from me about rosters having holes the issue was always a philosophical decision from JRob/Vrabel last offseason to plough so many resources into the defense and risk regression from a top 5 offense.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Would you rather have Elijah Moore or Caleb Farley right now?  Easy answer, and that's what else could have been done.  Instead, JRob took Farley who had 3 major surgeries while in college and then sat out a year.  Not to mention that at draft time, the team already had Fulton and Jenkins on the roster.

I'd rather have Newsome, Rousseau, or Tryon.