Biden White House: Year 4

tgo

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Facts. They often recorded no information that would have allowed them reunite children with the parents they deported and made no attempt to put families back together.

You do realize that you presented no facts, right?

Edited by abc2330

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I don't think that has anything to do with super rich. It is the top 1.8% of income earners though.    Also if you think the proposals to raise the taxes on people making that much are ex

A couple of years ago, I was  late for a conference call with colleagues in Germany and India. After joining the call and apologizing for being late. Someone from India said, "just be like Trump and s

Voter ID isn't the big issue. The big issue is state law proposals that allow state legislatures to overrule the vote in elections and that take power away from the state's secretaries of state as wel

Posted Images

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I knew you were going to come up with crap. The crazies are the anti police, super woke, canceling assholes, super greenies, open borders, etc.  They ignore the murders occurring at record pace while calling anyone a racist at a drop of a hat.

And AOC, Steve Cohen, Lee, de Blasio, and many others are bat shit crazy

Yes.  The Crazies are beating police with flag poles.  Shouting about banning Major League Baseball.

Fwiw De Blasio isn't crazy he just sucks.

5 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

You do realize that you presented no facts, right?

Just because you refuse to admit it doesn’t make something not a fact.

This has all been well reported. Just not on Fox News or OAN or whatever propaganda “news” network you apparently follow.

I think it's true that there's little to no outrage about kids right now being kept in some cage like structures while "kids in cages" was definitely a large part of the complaint about Trump. It's not true to say it was primarily about child separation for most people.

For example "kids in cages" was more searched for compared to "child separation".

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=kids in cages,child separation

15 hours ago, El Guapo said:

He doesn’t need to retire if the Democrats succeed in packing the court which they want to do. Typical leftist bullshit. I am waiting for anything moderate in the Biden administration. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/09/biden-supreme-court-reform-commission-480582

Biden himself has said he’s “not a fan” of so-called court-packing — adding additional seats to the Supreme Court in order to alter its ideological balance — and held up the commission as a more conscientious approach to studying the issue.

The left may want to pack the courts, but the man in charge does not, so why not cool your jets and stop being so partisan reactionary to every little thing that may or may not amount to anything?  I know, but, but, Trump!  Right?  It's gotta end somewhere.  

There are alternatives.  One that I had read several months ago was that prior to the SC claiming it had absolute authority on the final say in matters, the Congress had Congressional oversight over the Judiciary.  At some point in our history, the SC did not have the final say in matters.   Now, I don't know what this means or how it played out long ago.  It's certainly not taught.  It appears in line with the founders thoughts of there is no absolute authority, yet who makes the final decision?  I don't know.  The SC decided it did, and apparently everyone went along with it.  

Again, I don't have an inkling as to this process, how it worked or failed.  But I don't mind a commision to consider such things.  Are there issues that you feel the SC had too much say in a matter to be absolute?  I'm betting you do.  I do.  Perhaps there's another way other than bowing to a SC decision as final.  I imagine a shit ton of Conservatives would be for this idea...if they gave it thought.  

Like I said, I have no idea what that looks like.  I've only known one system, as have you, which was not the system of the Founders.  Might considering such things be of value, or are you closed off to any consideration?  I mean, that's kind of the conservative thing.....disliking change.  

Point ultimately being that while Democrats are looking for ways to offset the SC, don't you think a reconsideration of the founders ideals were to be worthy?  Or just closed period?    

Edited by Rogue

5 hours ago, Rogue said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/09/biden-supreme-court-reform-commission-480582

The left may want to pack the courts, but the man in charge does not, so why not cool your jets and stop being so partisan reactionary to every little thing that may or may not amount to anything?  I know, but, but, Trump!  Right?  It's gotta end somewhere.  

There are alternatives.  One that I had read several months ago was that prior to the SC claiming it had absolute authority on the final say in matters, the Congress had Congressional oversight over the Judiciary.  At some point in our history, the SC did not have the final say in matters.   Now, I don't know what this means or how it played out long ago.  It's certainly not taught.  It appears in line with the founders thoughts of there is no absolute authority, yet who makes the final decision?  I don't know.  The SC decided it did, and apparently everyone went along with it.  

Again, I don't have an inkling as to this process, how it worked or failed.  But I don't mind a commision to consider such things.  Are there issues that you feel the SC had too much say in a matter to be absolute?  I'm betting you do.  I do.  Perhaps there's another way other than bowing to a SC decision as final.  I imagine a shit ton of Conservatives would be for this idea...if they gave it thought.  

Like I said, I have no idea what that looks like.  I've only known one system, as have you, which was not the system of the Founders.  Might considering such things be of value, or are you closed off to any consideration?  I mean, that's kind of the conservative thing.....disliking change.  

Point ultimately being that while Democrats are looking for ways to offset the SC, don't you think a reconsideration of the founders ideals were to be worthy?  Or just closed period?    

So congress can overturn SC decisions? And congress can reverse itself any time it changes party dominance? That seems like a nightmare.

No, I do not agree with this. As a conservative, I prefer a ruling by a liberal SC than a liberal congress.  The SC is more intelligent, freer from outside press, not influenced by money donors, etc. 

2 hours ago, reo said:

McConnell blocks Dems from filling a seat by saying a president in an election year should wait until after an election to fill a seat and blocks all votes on Obama's nominee to steal a seat on the bench then refuses to play by his own rule in order to steal another..... If Republicans want to do anything legally possible to pack the courts with conservatives then they can't complain when Dems do everything legally possible to do the same with liberals. 

Deal with it. 

Plain & simple

5 hours ago, reo said:

McConnell blocks Dems from filling a seat by saying a president in an election year should wait until after an election to fill a seat and blocks all votes on Obama's nominee to steal a seat on the bench then refuses to play by his own rule in order to steal another..... If Republicans want to do anything legally possible to pack the courts with conservatives then they can't complain when Dems do everything legally possible to do the same with liberals. 

Deal with it. 

Packing the court is expanding the number of judges. Filling an opening is not packing. It is the benefit of winning the presidency and having a senate majority. Deal with that and get your facts and rhetoric straight.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Packing the court is expanding the number of judges. Filling an opening is not packing. It is the benefit of winning the presidency and having a senate majority. Deal with that and get your facts and rhetoric straight.

Setting the size of the court is also a benefit of controlling the presidency and both houses of Congress.  It shouldn't be hard to deal with, you yourself noted you wouldn't mind a liberal SC.

• tgo changed the title to Biden White House: Year 4