Trump Wants to Pardon Himself

tgo

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

For a while I thought it would be best for the Dem nominee to let Trump off the hook so we didn’t start a war or see a huge rise in sectarian violence. I changed my mind before yesterday, but yesterday cemented it. They need to go after him, his family, and any other sycophants who have been involved in federal crimes. 

Trump is going to pardon his his kids. But NY state might get them.

Edited by Starkiller

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm convinced he knew at this moment he didn't want to be President.    His narcissistic ego bit off more than his fat lazy ass could chew.    I take solace in knowing he's going t

For a while I thought it would be best for the Dem nominee to let Trump off the hook so we didn’t start a war or see a huge rise in sectarian violence. I changed my mind before yesterday, but yesterda

19 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

They're afraid of the Trumpists both physically and politically. Republicans are huge pussies and always have been. That's why I scoff at people who talk about "moderate" republicans as if they are a thing. Most just pretend to not love shit like what happened yesterday so they won't be ostracized from polite society and the ones who actually don't like that stuff are too pussy to do anything about it. What good are these assholes?

A line has been drawn as of yesterday. Moderates have to choose.

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

For a while I thought it would be best for the Dem nominee to let Trump off the hook so we didn’t start a war or see a huge rise in sectarian violence. I changed my mind before yesterday, but yesterday cemented it. They need to go after him, his family, and any other sycophants who have been involved in federal crimes. 

A pardon for all the Trump kids is coming.

14 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It's like I told oldschool yesterday; a lot of those people that you think are moderate "good" republicans were probably at home gleefully watching what those traitors were doing. Then the next day at work they'll be like "wow, I can't believe what those crazy people did". 

Nah. They were silent in the name of party. I've gotten plenty of texts from Republicans who were abhored by what they saw yesterday. Now they have to choose what side they are on.

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Nah. They were silent in the name of party. I've gotten plenty of texts from Republicans who were abhored by what they saw yesterday. Now they have to choose what side they are on.

Now that I think about it, strictly from a political point of view, a vote to censure Trump would force all these congressional republicans to choose and go on the record.  It doesn't get Trump out of office but that isn't likely to begin with.  It's certainly a vote that especially republican senators would not want to cast.  But it would fully expose the dividing line between the Trumpers and traditional republicans.

Edited by ctm

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

Now that I think about it, strictly from a political point of view, a vote to censure Trump would force all these congressional republicans to choose and go on the record.  It doesn't get Trump out of office but that isn't likely to begin with.  It's certainly a vote that especially republican senators would not want to cast.

But no one cares about a censure. It’s pretty much toothless. 

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

I realize that.  But it puts the 22 republican senators up for election in 2022 on the record.  It's not a vote they want to cast.

Scott Jennings who is a die hard conservative thinks those who objected after the attack will pay a heavy price. 

The GOP is essentially dead as we once knew it. Trump has made it impossible for them to continue their charade in the name of democracy. That all ended yesterday. The ones left with any integrity whatsoever have to distance themselves from der Fuhrer and re-invent the party lines. For some it's too late. They have lost all credibility. If the ones remaining have any political ambition beyond being a junior trumper, they need to vote to remove this crazy bastard instead of pandering to his base. The kid gloves are off and we're playing for blood now. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Scott Jennings who is a die hard conservative thinks those who objected after the attack will pay a heavy price. 

I think about the issue this way:

Pence won't invoke the 25th.  That's out.

If impeachment is tried, it will fail because the question for republican is.....do you want Trump out of office?  They've already proved once they will vote no and just use the excuse that he's leaving in a few days anyway.

Final alternative is censure.  Then the question for republicans is......do you approve or disapprove of what Trump did?  Make them vote.

Edited by ctm