Cabinet in Discussions to Invoke the 25th Amendment; Congressional Leaders Call for Impeachment

tgo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bernie isn't wrong...    

I'm not a prosecutor but from what I've heard from my lawyer buddies Trump could easily be charged with sedition, inciting a rioting, and others. Same for Giuliani and that dumb Rep from Alabama. DC w

The Republicans should want to impeach and remove him for the simple fact he won't be able to run again 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

The thing I’m most happy about: Trump is incapable of being nominated by the party in 2024. 

I'm not sure about that. 

I do think he'll be facing multiple state criminal charges across the country though, so I think he may literally not be able to. 

Edited by tgo

It clearly would cement the legacy of what is undoubtedly the worst presidency in US history--after all, no other president ordered a mob to storm the US Capitol, not even Jefferson Davis...lol.

Anyway, this impeach or enact the 25th thing is gaining steam. Let's see.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/trump-capitol-impeachment-25-amendment/index.html

3 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

The thing I’m most happy about: Trump is incapable of being nominated by the party in 2024. 

Probably not, but it's not certain unless he is impeached.  Do you support impeachment?

Edited by ctm

Just now, tgo said:

I'm not sure about that. 

I am and it’s not wishful thinking either. Republicans are already starting to break away from him with Blackburn being a shocking one. 

Could he run in 2024 for the nomination? Sure, but he will have stiff competition and many smart R’s like myself would never support him again. He’s an embarrassment 

I think the 25th amendment leak was floated yesterday as a warning to Trump. He may do something else like try to bomb Iran or even incite further violence. My point being it will take more than what transpired yesterday when it shouldn't. Invoke the 25th Pence! fulfill your duty.