Cabinet in Discussions to Invoke the 25th Amendment; Congressional Leaders Call for Impeachment

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

After he announced additional security measures for the Inauguration an hour ago? Suspect...

Alarming, imo

Will Cuccinelli be the replacement I wonder? I'm not sure if he is even Senate confirmed. 

Edited by tgo
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bernie isn't wrong...    

I'm not a prosecutor but from what I've heard from my lawyer buddies Trump could easily be charged with sedition, inciting a rioting, and others. Same for Giuliani and that dumb Rep from Alabama. DC w

The Republicans should want to impeach and remove him for the simple fact he won't be able to run again 

Posted Images

Pete Gaynor, FEMA director, will take over as Acting Secretary of Homeland Security. 

Not sure how I feel about the guy, but at least he is a 26 year veteran Marine. Hopefully that plays into the favor of Democracy and law and order. 

Just now, TitansFan777 said:

Now Twitter is abuzz with the helicopters that act as Marine 1 when the president is onboard are circling the Naval Observatory.

Weird day. I don’t think anything is I I bet or even gonna happen, but weird day ha

Maybe Trump just wants to drop a carpet bomb on One Naval Observatory? 

The 25th Amendment is a wierd way to remove Trump.  It's for situations where the president is in a coma, rather than for miss-behavior.

Impeach and convict is the appropriate action that should have happened a year ago.

6 minutes ago, patsplat said:

The 25th Amendment is a wierd way to remove Trump.  It's for situations where the president is in a coma, rather than for miss-behavior.

Impeach and convict is the appropriate action that should have happened a year ago.

Well it was designed for an incapacitated president. But the wording specifically refers to being “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office”. It would be easy to argue that someone could be morally or psychologically unable as well as physical.

And as it would call for the VP and the cabinet to agree that the president is unable, they should theoretically know best if he is incompetent to hold office.

Edited by Starkiller