Around the NFL - Week 15

titanskick8851

Just now, socaltitan said:

Elway might have to step down. It's a weird spot because he's such a legend there, but he's done a terrible job since the SB win. He should be fired. He's picked 3 terrible QB in a row (Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Lock)

It may get worse, they don't plan to draft a qb but bring in a veteran to compete with Lock.  Got that from Benjamin Albright  It sounds they are going to waste another season with him at qb.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was so impressed last night watching Mariota put on a QB clinic. So many no look passes and things other QB simply cannot do. I'll guarantee very few NFL QBs throughout history could have had the ga

This is an emotional experience. I didn’t realize how much baggage I still carried.

Posted Images

Allen is playing great but his numbers are largely him throwing to schemed open guys IMO. Still a lot of really nice throws in there but this offense is as well oiled a machine as there is in the NFL. He's a lot better than Foles but his season kind of reminds me of the season Foles had with the Eagles were he threw 2 picks all year - a lot of scheming and smart play design. Allen removing the negative ab lib plays has hugely helped his efficiency and his confidence is sky high.

Edited by OzTitan

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I don't get the hate Allen gets he has become one of the harder QB in the NFL to defend against because of his arm strength and mobility.

Definitely has become one of the top QBs. Maybe people don’t like him because of the racism?

17 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Too many people would have to admit they were wrong about Allen. Give credit where it's due. He's made a major jump this season. McDermott and co deserve a lot of credit as well.

What a surreal time it is that the Titans, Browns, and Bills are some of the top teams in the AFC now

The fact he fixed his "terminal" accuracy issues is insane. He's definitely an ascending QB and is fun to watch.

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The fact he fixed his "terminal" accuracy issues is insane. He's definitely an ascending QB and is fun to watch.

It's very rare.  Normally the fixes to the mechanical issues fail as the player reverts to bad/natural habits when they're under duress. 

Allen looks like he worked his ass off fixing his issues.  Jordan Palmer worked with him extensively. 

2 hours ago, OzTitan said:

Allen is playing great but his numbers are largely him throwing to schemed open guys IMO

Isn’t that partially the point having good coaches/coordinators to make it easier for the QB? Allen still has to execute. Brady’s the GOAT and I’ve seen plenty of plays schemed for him. I don’t see it as a negative per se on Allen. Still got to make the plays.

20 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

It's very rare.  Normally the fixes to the mechanical issues fail as the player reverts to bad/natural habits when they're under duress. 

Allen looks like he worked his ass off fixing his issues.  Jordan Palmer worked with him extensively. 

He has definitely worked his ass off. I’ll admit while I didn’t hate Allen, I was pretty skeptical he could ever be consistently accurate enough. It’s disingenuous to try to credit the coaches, WR, etc. Sure they help but Allen has definitely improved a lot too.

57 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Too many people would have to admit they were wrong about Allen. Give credit where it's due. He's made a major jump this season. McDermott and co deserve a lot of credit as well.

What a surreal time it is that the Titans, Browns, and Bills are some of the top teams in the AFC now

Browns? 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic