Around the NFL - Week 15

titanskick8851

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was so impressed last night watching Mariota put on a QB clinic. So many no look passes and things other QB simply cannot do. I'll guarantee very few NFL QBs throughout history could have had the ga

This is an emotional experience. I didn’t realize how much baggage I still carried.

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Isn’t that partially the point having good coaches/coordinators to make it easier for the QB? Allen still has to execute. Brady’s the GOAT and I’ve seen plenty of plays schemed for him. I don’t see it as a negative per se on Allen. Still got to make the plays.

It's not supposed to be a knock on Allen, more an explanation of why the massive increase in efficiency. He's improved but I don't think he's done so enough to fully or even mostly explain a 16% gain in pass completion. They're doing an incredible job making his job a lot easier and he's definitely excelling with that. It has looked too easy for him at times this season because it was - that Niners game a week or so ago was the most open I think I've ever seen NFL receivers for TDs.

He's in the group now where the conversation starts to shift from if he's the long term answer, to how he does in critical games and playoffs, and how he helps his team overcome injuries and bad personnel decisions, which is amazing in itself given what he looked like as a rookie. He can clearly operate in this offense to the maximum of what it needs to excel, now it's about taking the next step.

41 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

They’re likely going to make the playoffs so yes. They’re not an elite team but they’re in the upper half for sure. And this is the Browns. 9-4 must feel practically like a SB for their fans.

Thought that was a comment about baker not the team. That makes sense. Baker makes Allan look like young.

57 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Browns? 

They're certainly not up there with the Bills and the Titans. Cleveland is probably the worst 9-4 team in NFL history.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lose to the Giants on SNF. Assuming they make the playoffs, they're not getting past the first round.

11 hours ago, oldschool said:

The fact he fixed his "terminal" accuracy issues is insane. He's definitely an ascending QB and is fun to watch.

Josh Allen "fixed" his accuracy problems right around the same time that Kirk Cousins and the Vikings regressed.

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

@oldschool the point is that Stefon Diggs moved from the Vikings to the Bills.

He's helped Allen out, but if you cover Diggs you can make the old Allen re-appear.

No. QBs make WRs not the other way around. Watch Allen play QB. He's way more accurate all over the field. Diggs has helped the offense become more explosive but its Allen who is responsible for fixing his accuracy.

Just now, oldschool said:

No. QBs make WRs not the other way around. Watch Allen play QB. He's way more accurate all over the field. Diggs has helped the offense become more explosive but its Allen who is responsible for fixing his accuracy.

Diggs is bailing out Allen this year, and when he's covered Allen still is mediocre.

2 minutes ago, patsplat said:

@oldschool the point is that Stefon Diggs moved from the Vikings to the Bills.

He's helped Allen out, but if you cover Diggs you can make the old Allen re-appear.

I don't want to take Logical's / Rocketbills's side much but if you've watched Allen has had fewer "old Allen" moments. I think he has improved even if he isn't the MVP that some would hype him to be. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic