RBG died

Starkiller

14 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

We’ll see how that looks 6-3. 

Oh, they will eliminate it one way or another. The fact that they probably can’t overturn the lower court ruling on the current case at 4-4 will likely kill it (leaving us with what exactly?).

I’m just saying it was already ruled on positively once by a moderately balanced court as 1 of the conservatives voted for it.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This country... can't even mourn an American Icon without fighting over her body and her seat. We are pathetic.

The ACA is the Republican health bill from the 90s. It's Mitt Romney's Republican law from Massachusetts in the early 00s.    Yet when Obama brought up the same law, suddenly it became a "go

@TennesseeTuxedo   Hey Tux.  She's really dead this time.  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Oh, they will eliminate it one way or another. The fact that they probably can’t overturn the lower court ruling on the current case at 4-4 will likely kill it (leaving us with what exactly?).

I’m just saying it was already ruled on positively once by a moderately balanced court as 1 of the conservatives voted for it.

I guess my point is overall that if this was a solid law it wouldn’t be allowed to have been dismantled. The public option and M4A would have a much tougher time of being dismantled like the ACA, because they would be constitutional in a manner that the Supreme Court would immediately shut them down, or at least should. 6-3 is ugly prospects for that though. 

8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I hate to say this but it should be thrown out. They passed it on the interstate commerce clause saying it wasn’t a tax. They passed it through the Supreme Court through the taxation clause. You can’t tax people for breathing unless it’s ubiquitous. It should be overturned and hopefully move the country forward with real healthcare. 

I don't disagree from a legal exercise argument. The problem is that it's been law for 10 years and made it through the Supreme Court a few times. Also the GOP has been working on stripping it bare to make it even more vulnerable to be overturned. Once again Democrats staying home in 2016 gave us this mess. I'm lucky that my employer healthcare is damn good so I'm not personally affected. As long as voters continue to vote against their interests nothing will change. Its even more sickening that the GOP actually think their slim majority in the Senate gives them some sort of mandate to enact radical legislation that panders to a small segment.

8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I guess my point is overall that if this was a solid law it wouldn’t be allowed to have been dismantled. 

The Voting Rights Act was solid law that stood for decades, and it was dismantled. This argument doesn't work with partisan, conservative courts at play. 

44 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I remember when he pretended not to be a partisan hack. Now he's just a parrot for any political tripe that lends expediency.

There's never an ounce of nuance. It's just a full-throated endorsement of anything.

I still am center right. Problem is your dumb fucking party has lurched so far left, it makes me seem that way.

You just keep sucking Nancy's cock.

23 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

This is like when Soxcat claimed to be a moderate. These guys actually believe it...

I have written a few times against Citizens United. And I am not 100% pro-life. Up to 8 weeks I think it should be allowed. Rape, incest, etc. I would love to see more green energy options that are worth a shit. Just don't try to shove it down everyones throat when the technology is not there yet.