Wisconsin Unrest

tgo

9 hours ago, MikeKeith2020 said:

I can’t imagine getting so upset over a hand signal.

I'm not upset about it at all. 

But you're one of many that refuse to accept he was making an out right racist "white power"  sign. The right is always trying to minimize racism 

A lady I work with said it's not him in the picture. lol

Y'all seem to have a hard time accepting him for who he really is, when someone like him makes it so obvious it puts a little stink on you to defend him 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of whether he gets away with it or not, what's troubling is the extremes notion that seems to be going around that taking up arms and shooting your fellow Americans is somehow a patriotic a

More facts.  There were three trained cops, all armed with guns drawn, and only one of him with no gun.  They had distance and chose to close that distance.  Video clearly shows no verbal warning was

Yeah, and maybe also cops shouldn't shoot people in the back in front of their kids while they're fleeing the situation.    And maybe white nationalist militas shouldn't be shooting proteste

Posted Images

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/16/business/media/jeopardy-hand-gesture-maga-conspiracy.html

This story perfectly highlights the obsession of the left with perceived slights or injustices. They look so hard for them that they often make them up in their own mind. 

I don’t think that the millions of civilians who contacted the anti defamation league or the 600 former contestants who circulated petitions were all intentionally trying to be dishonest. They just couldn’t see the situation for what it was because they were so obsessed with Race and victimhood status.

Great quote from the article:

So the element of this story that interests me most is how the beating heart of nerdy, liberal fact-mastery can pump blood into wild social media conspiracy, and send all these smart people down the sort of rabbit hole that leads other groups of Americans to believe that children are being transported inside refrigerators. And, I wanted to know, how they could remain committed to that point of view in the absence of any solid evidence.

10 hours ago, MikeKeith2020 said:

It’s wild that your first instinct is to go full straw man.  I’m not sure what else we have to say to each other if you’re going to be disingenuous. I’m sorry that hand gestures have gotten you so shook. If that’s where you want to focus your attention then I can only assume that you must have lived a pretty privileged life. Best of luck to you in your crusade to eradicate the, “ok,” sign, I suppose?

My point is that hand gestures absolutely do have meaning… keep saying that they don’t and that everyone who looks into it is grasping at nothing though

you don’t seem to understand very many simple concepts so had to go so far above and beyond normal so you’d even start to grasp the idea that people are actually able to use context to see why certain hand gestures are a completely inappropriate thing to do. 

Edited by wiscotitansfan

How would the situation look if there was a picture of someone hanging out with bloods or crips and flashing their gang symbols proudly? I’m sure people would rightfully call that person a gangster or a thug.

Especially If that person is later involved in a killing, the optics would look pretty fucking terrible and there would be reason to believe that the picture is simply more than a joke. This part is unrelated to the point though but would certainly be brought up by the media. 

Edited by wiscotitansfan

10 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t think Wisco’s line of thought was correct, but come on now. The Proud Boys and 3 Percenters have made that hand signal into something else that it didn’t use to be when it comes to their group. Surely you recognize this. 

I don’t think of it as outright racist but more of a dog whistle, which you somewhat alluded to that they do it to piss people off. The ones who follow in their steps though are usually racist or full on anti-government. The shutdowns in 2020 really accelerated this. 

The funny part about Rittenhouse is the kid is a little pussy who cried on the bench about being scared while walking around with a semi-auto rifle. He’s an idiot and a simp and the Right is falling over themselves for him (Trip to meet Trump, dummy says he should get a medal of valor, interview with Tucker…etc). 

Clean up your own house amigo. 

We agree on more of these points than you might realize. Yes Rittenhouse is a pussy, innocent in the eyes of the law, but still a pussy. No he’s not a hero. The trump meeting is hilariously dumb, but I think we all saw that coming a mile away so it’s not surprising. Who gives a fuck what MTG says? She’s an idiot and there’s 0.0% chance KR is getting a medal. 

Has the ok sign been used by racist groups? Sure. I think you’re using the term dog whistle in much the context I’m Talking about trolling. As you mentioned, one of the first posts I made on the subject was that the whole thing started as a 4chan hoax but several different groups of retards believed it, including some media organizations, the far left and some

hate groups on the far right. The only place we might disagree is that I think it’s used far more often by people on the right to

Illicit a response. Wisco and Oman can deny it until they’re blue in the face, but it clearly does rile people up. They will try to falsely equate me Acknowledging this point as either approving of its use or denying that it is ever used by actual hate groups. That’s clearly not the case, as I’ve previously admitted to. 

Check out the jeopardy story for a good example of how a bunch of seemingly intelligent people can make up a non story in their mind. They doxxed the poor guys family and tried to get him fired. Turns out he was holding up the number three for the three rounds he had won. We’ve now come full circle back to the jumping to conclusions argument. Probably a good place to end it.

The bottom line is the right generally things the left are far too big of pussies when it comes to overreacting to PC, cancel culture bull shit. Conversely, the left thinks the right is racist, homophobic, etc  for not reacting enough to hand signals, pronouns, garage door pulls, etc. Which side is correct? Who’s to say. For people like Oman and Wisco it’s zero sum. They’re right and everyone else is wrong. Having conviction, being cocksure, whatever you want to call it, I admire it as a trait, but it truly makes politicized discussions impossible. Again, I wish them luck in their quest to eradicate anything they deem to be hateful.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:55 PM, JoelinBellevue said:

Now that it is Thursday have you changed your mind? Because everything I have read on Facebook said he drove into the crowd because he was upset with the Rittenhouse verdict? Do you have any proof to the contrary?

Maybe it is just a pattern of action for him. When i Googled nothing but this came up. 

"Brooks has two open criminal cases in Milwaukee County. In one case, filed Nov. 5, he is charged with resisting or obstructing an officer, reckless endangering, disorderly conduct, bail jumping and battery. Records show $1,000 cash bond was posted on Friday.

In the other case, filed in July 2020, Brooks is charged with reckless endangering and illegal possession of a firearm.

In the more recent one, a woman told police that Brooks deliberately ran her over with his vehicle in a gas station parking lot after a fight. She was hospitalized for her injuries."

Changed my mind or actual information emerging and law enforcement and reporting continuing to inform us?

5 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I saw some media posts from him, and they were certainly anti-white. The crowd he drove into was predominately white. But I have seen nothing recently about this. Just wondering what you had found out. Was this about his GF (whom he tried to run over) and he just went crazy, or was it a legit beef with whites?

On Saturday, U.S. Senators Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) issued the following statement:

It has come to our attention that outside individuals or groups may attempt to exploit the tragedy that occurred last Sunday in Waukesha for their own political purposes. As the U.S. Senators representing Wisconsin, one from each political party, we are asking anyone considering such action to cease and desist.

We have full confidence in the local officials who responded with extraordinary professionalism, competence, integrity and compassion. They have many difficult duties to perform in the coming days, weeks, and months, and they should be afforded the respect and support they deserve to undertake their responsibilities without outside interference.

Their top priority is to begin the healing process within Waukesha by providing comfort and support to surviving family members of the deceased, and those injured both in body and spirit. They must also conduct a thorough investigation and afford the accused full due process. These will not be easy tasks, and will be made even more difficult if conducted within a politically charged atmosphere.

We ask everyone to demonstrate their interest and concern by praying for the victims, their families, and the entire community of Waukesha. The Waukesha Community Foundation and United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County have also established the “United for Waukesha Community Fund” for those who wish to provide financial support for the victims.

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

You should know that NO politician is ever going to give you the truth about anything. That's just pandering. OK, we will wait and see how it shakes out.

"Both sides" issued a joint statement, didn't project truth or untruth but simply asked that people stop projecting politics onto the tragedy. Neither pandered.

They have the driver in custody, anything legitimate will come to light.

• 3 months later...

What a surprise that white supremacists are making sure people believe this was racially motivated.

A banner that was immediately taken down by Waukesha police saying "Resist Black Terror" with a website to a white supremacist group who's website quotes Hitler and calls for a new nation permitting "only White people(s) of good stock."

Gotta love more of those popping up in Waukesha as some article states

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

What a surprise that white supremacists are making sure people believe this was racially motivated.

A banner that was immediately taken down by Waukesha police saying "Resist Black Terror" with a website to a white supremacist group who's website quotes Hitler and calls for a new nation permitting "only White people(s) of good stock."

Gotta love more of those popping up in Waukesha as some article states

It was probably secret ANTIFA!