AJ Brown vs Brees

13 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Please tell me I missed the sarcasm in this. No1 outside a character in a frictional story could understand the internet and be this fucking dumb.

He can't help it.  His avatar tells you right away that he's a birdbrain.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to what?  If people have something to say, say it.  But all you have really seen is people behave like unruly assholes and personal And career harm wished to anyone with a different opinion.

worst offseason evar

It’s funny that the same group who call people snowflakes all the time get so offended by someone kneeling during a song

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

Theres 3 specific things I mentioned. I never said he hasn't said some dumb shit. You need to find those 3 specific things. Did he not lower taxes? Did he not re-negotiate trade? Ill go ahead and take care of the 3rd one easy. The economy was sitting around 18 trillion when Trump took over. He grew it to over 20 trillion. So feel free to point out the lie about he other 2 for me. 

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Black people have been coming asking for help for 400 years.  Affirmative action.  It was to balance white privilege.  White(some) went crazy saying it was reverse discrimination.  It was to reverse discrimination.  Also, the next thing you know, hispanics, asians, africans all kinds of other groups started getting o take advantage of the programs.  BUT those groups had not endured centuries of slavery, Jim Crow and a bunch of other hardships.

All the black people need to do is ask for help.  "911. Who's there.  You say it's the black peoples.  Okay, we will send the popo."

Black people have not asked for help. Black people blame white people for everything, call them names, and then make demands like they are owed something. That is why there is so much animosity and that is why white people arent going to bother to listen. 

9 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

Theres 3 specific things I mentioned. I never said he hasn't said some dumb shit. You need to find those 3 specific things. Did he not lower taxes? Did he not re-negotiate trade? Ill go ahead and take care of the 3rd one easy. The economy was sitting around 18 trillion when Trump took over. He grew it to over 20 trillion. So feel free to point out the lie about he other 2 for me. 

Lower taxes is true but it helped the rich more than most Americans. 

He did re negotiate trade deals but that dosn't mean crap if they do not work out.

And as for the last one, changes to the economy need time to take effect. It takes years for a change in trade policy to show up in meaningful ways.

You also did not mention his mexico will pay for the wall. Which he can't even get funded to be built in full so we got a 2 in one on that one. 

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

Lower taxes is true but it helped the rich more than most Americans. 

He did re negotiate trade deals but that dosn't mean crap if they do not work out.

And as for the last one, changes to the economy need time to take effect. It takes years for a change in trade policy to show up in meaningful ways.

You also did not mention his mexico will pay for the wall. Which he can't even get funded to be built in full so we got a 2 in one on that one. 

1) Still not a lie. Even if I don't agree with it. 

2) Still not a lie and at least he tried to negotiate trade deals. That's more than the previous Presidents have done. 

3) Uhhh no that's not the point at all. He continued to expand GDP when there should have been a recession, he achieved record low unemployment, and he got some wage growth without runaway inflation. Still not a lie, even if I don't agree with his terrible budgeting policies. 

This was a really good response from Brees imo

drewbrees

Through my ongoing conversations with friends, teammates, and leaders in the black community, I realize this is not an issue about the American flag. It has never been. We can no longer use the flag to turn people away or distract them from the real issues that face our black communities.
We did this back in 2017, and regretfully I brought it back with my comments this week. We must stop talking about the flag and shift our attention to the real issues of systemic racial injustice, economic oppression, police brutality, and judicial & prison reform.
We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history! If not now, then when?

We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities. We must acknowledge the problems, identify the solutions, and then put this into action. The black community cannot do it alone. This will require all of us.

It's not about the flag or the anthem

18 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong douche nozzle.........First off, you completely misrepresented the Brees comments and I'm sure that was intentional because you are an aforementioned douche.....

Brees has a right to an opinion on the anthem/flag issue. one that has nothing to do with the systematic racism/equal justice issue.  Many Americans see things exactly the way Brees did and yes he was bullied into making a PC "apology" for something that was not offensive unless you are looking to be offended.

As for making systematic changes, yes the mass protests and 24/7 coverage and dialogue of the REAL ISSUE AT HAND is far more effective than players kneeling for an anthem ever did.  The messaging of the intended kneeling/sitting was completely lost on the folks who were offended by the method chosen as it didn't spurn any signfiicant changes in the system.  That is a fact, whether you like it or not.     

Nice to know you are stupid across the board, not only regarding football....Happy Friday :)

The point is that no method of protest will be considered acceptable by people who at their core don't really want to addresses the issues at hand. It was explained at length how kneeling was not meant in any way to disrespect the flag or anthem yet a certain segment of the population CHOSE to ignore all that and still become conveniently offended.

Bigots have a long history of hiding behind the flag as if it absolves them. This may not be what Brees was doing and he may be genuine but still, whenever you start claiming that kneeling automatically disrespects the flag, don't be surprised when people have a problem with it. Yeah, Brees did at least pay lip service to the vague idea of being in favor of helping black people but then in the same breath told many of them that their chosen way of protest is disrespectful. If you can't see any of that, you're just as tone deaf as he was.

6 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Black people have not asked for help. Black people blame white people for everything, call them names, and then make demands like they are owed something. That is why there is so much animosity and that is why white people arent going to bother to listen. 

Bullshit.

7 hours ago, EagleEye said:

Are you kidding me?  Chinese were the first slaves before the blacks even got here.  White people made them build the rails and shit.  Amazing you don't see the Asians crying.

You are an idiot. Black slaves predate the United States itself. What an ignorant statement. 

11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The point is that no method of protest will be considered acceptable by people who at their core don't really want to addresses the issues at hand. It was explained at length how kneeling was not meant in any way to disrespect the flag or anthem yet a certain segment of the population CHOSE to ignore all that and still become conveniently offended.

Bigots have a long history of hiding behind the flag as if it absolves them. This may not be what Brees was doing and he may be genuine but still, whenever you start claiming that kneeling automatically disrespects the flag, don't be surprised when people have a problem with it. Yeah, Brees did at least pay lip service to the vague idea of being in favor of helping black people but then in the same breath told many of them that their chosen way of protest is disrespectful. If you can't see any of that, you're just as tone deaf as he was.

I haven’t really understood his argument the entire time. Yes, Brees seems to be a good guy. He’s a family man who is the top of his profession and also helped a lot after Katrina. He has a voice and he used it. Millions will agree with his initial assertion. Millions will also not agree with his assertion. They have a voice just like him. I didn’t really see anyone calling him a racist or a bigot. I saw people saying for the most part that it wasn’t the right take. He then corrected himself, which wasn’t PC and seemed genuine. I’m not sure what there is to bitch about in the situation. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I haven’t really understood his argument the entire time. Yes, Brees seems to be a good guy. He’s a family man who is the top of his profession and also helped a lot after Katrina. He has a voice and he used it. Millions will agree with his initial assertion. Millions will also not agree with his assertion. They have a voice just like him. I didn’t really see anyone calling him a racist or a bigot. I saw people saying for the most part that it wasn’t the right take. He then corrected himself, which wasn’t PC and seemed genuine. I’m not sure what there is to bitch about in the situation. 

The irony is that he's getting heat because people are disappointed that this is how he really feels. My reaction when I heard him start in about the flag and his grandfathers was "really Drew"? For some reason, I didn't think he was like those people and I was wrong. The apology is whatever but we know how he really feels.

I respect the fact that Drew had grandfathers that fought for this country, but many of the people he's accusing of being disrespectful have great-grandfathers that were slaves and fought for not only this country but their own freedom. People like to pretend like slavery wasn't really that long ago and systemic racism went away when the civil rights act was signed.

47 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The irony is that he's getting heat because people are disappointed that this is how he really feels. My reaction when I heard him start in about the flag and his grandfathers was "really Drew"? For some reason, I didn't think he was like those people and I was wrong. The apology is whatever but we know how he really feels.

I respect the fact that Drew had grandfathers that fought for this country, but many of the people he's accusing of being disrespectful have great-grandfathers that were slaves and fought for not only this country but their own freedom. People like to pretend like slavery wasn't really that long ago and systemic racism went away when the civil rights act was signed.

I get it but don't assume everyone who views the flag as a salute to military service is a closet bigot. Its pretty obvious Brees had a point of view many share and when he sat down and listened he realized his take was wrong. Thats exactly what we should be about. Conversation and dialogue that leads to realization and change of opinion. 

Edited by oldschool

7 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

You are stupid.  Do you not know anything about the racist history in America?  Just on that, do you not know it’s human nature to distrust and become angry about being mistreated?  So question, if someone smacks your White ass is the face for 30 days straight, what would your reaction be?  Would you hug them, love them, kiss them, say they are the best in the world, ask for their forgiveness????  Or would you be angry as shit, call them an asshole, blame them for your sore jaw, be distrustful, etc.????  I get it though...racists are incapable of seeing others as even being human.