Biden VP Thread

tgo

18 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

Seriously, the DNC and Biden's campaign staff needs to get every currently elected Dem and every Dem on a 2020 ballot in a room and get them in LINE. Threaten their fucking careers if it comes to it. 

Yeah, get in line every second of every day! Dont you dare tell the voters they way you really feel until after they vote!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Starkiller said:

That works with Republicans, not Democrats. They are way to politically varied in the big tent party.

In certain districts it could be harmful to stifle the lefty stuff, the core of the party should be kept in line, but from AOC to Manchin and Cuellar, politicians need to have latitude based on their constituencies. 

As long as it doesn't veer into some of Ilhan Omar's bullshit. She is the one Democratic politician that needs to be taken out with the full force of the party apparatus imo (as in, primaried with a great candidate), or at least threatened if she doesn't keep the bullshit to a minimum. And I'm not talking about her being a Muslim or wearing a hijab either, I'm talking about her incendiary divisive rhetoric and opening up the party to unnecessary attacks and charges of antisemitism. Leave Tlaib alone, she's mostly "guilty" of just being anti establishment and publicly vulgar. AOC/Pressley/Jiyapal/Khanna are fine, let them man the left flank of the House. 

I am getting frustrated with party leaders and chairmen like Ritchie Neal, Eliot Engel, and Carolyn Maloney being taken on hard by the left. Although Engel kind of deserved it with his mishaps, I think he'd gotten sloppy. 

Edited by tgo

24 minutes ago, tgo said:

In certain districts it could be harmful to stifle the lefty stuff, the core of the party should be kept in line, but from AOC to Manchin and Cuellar, politicians need to have latitude based on their constituencies. 

As long as it doesn't veer into some of Ilhan Omar's bullshit. She is the one Democratic politician that needs to be taken out with the full force of the party apparatus imo (as in, primaried with a great candidate), or at least threatened if she doesn't keep the bullshit to a minimum. And I'm not talking about her being a Muslim or wearing a hijab either, I'm talking about her incendiary divisive rhetoric and opening up the party to unnecessary attacks and charges of antisemitism. Leave Tlaib alone, she's mostly "guilty" of just being anti establishment and publicly vulgar. AOC/Pressley/Jiyapal/Khanna are fine, let them man the left flank of the House. 

I am getting frustrated with party leaders and chairmen like Ritchie Neal, Eliot Engel, and Carolyn Maloney being taken on hard by the left. Although Engel kind of deserved it with his mishaps, I think he'd gotten sloppy. 

If someone comes along and the district thinks they’ve found a better representative that’s a good thing. 

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

If someone comes along and the district thinks they’ve found a better representative that’s a good thing. 

It may be perceived as a good thing by the district constituents, but in aggregate it's problematic for the party as a whole. If the party moves too far left post-Biden, they will lose power I'm afraid. 

OTOH, you have moderates like Bullock, Hickenlooper who will be assuming power in the Senate as well to offset some of this, as well as recently elected moderates like Slotkin or Lauria or some other Blue Dogs. A lot of it is just the natural progression of things in politics as these old codgers get too old for younger/more liberal districts. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Omar is fine. The problem is mostly that she left herself open to having what she said spun into it being an anti-Semitic statement. It wasn’t. 

Certainly she is anti-Israel and that will ruffle some feathers (and helps republicans paint her as anti-Semitic) but I don’t really have any argument against that in general.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Engel totally deserved it. He couldn’t have said something much more stupid.

It's a little like how AOC won. Her establishment contender blew her off and didn’t even bother to show up for a debate. As soon as you take your district for granted they should vote your ass out.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Biden owes Elizabeth Warren for making it her mission in life to utterly destroy Bloomberg on the debate stage...

It was embarrassing.  Bloomberg has been great for NYC and I wanted to support him.  On the local level, he's been untouchable even when he went after straws or large sugary sodas.

But he was woefully unprepared to deal with national politics.  No one ever called out  "Dollar Bill Bloomberg" until Elizabeth Warren ate him up.

I still think Warren would be the best pick. But I think Harris is the likely pick. 

Warren's anti corruption platform and reputation for big ideas and structural change would be more of a boon for the ticket than Kamala Harris' woke warrior stuff imo. Warren also has a great reputation among minority communities so does a lot in that regard as well. 

I also think Warren could be named Treasury Secretary if they can come up with a workaround for that senate seat in Massachusetts. 

Biden thinks highly of Warren's policy chops and consults with her multiple times per week, bouncing ideas back and forth. She'd also be useful to the administration in the Senate though. 

I'd like to see both people in the administration as VP or AG/Treasury. 

Edited by tgo

What was ironic about the blow back on Duckworth's statement was Tucker Carlson's ridiculous tantrum calling her unAmerican, citing Washington at Valley Forge with his starving troops. Washington ate just fine at Valley Forge while he stayed in his heated house being attended to by his slaves; that's just how it was done back then, officers were people of wealth and societal status and those were the perks that went along with it.