Biden VP Thread

tgo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, tgo said:

Hey btw guys, when shall I make good on my horrible bet of the worst possible timing? 

I guess it would be safe now since Klobuchar formally dropped out, but should I wait until a VP is officially declared? 

I guess it doesnt matter much, just a formality. 

What was the bet?

52 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

What was the bet?

25 dollars to the board - Klobuchar as VP vs not Klobuchar as VP. 

This was before the race riots in Minnesota when it was actually realistic haha. 

8 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I am all about the long game in everything.  Pick the best candidate who is qualified AND will bring the most effective votes.  A bunch of dummies are continuing to support DT because they are racist.  They are suffering economically and spiritually, but they are blinded by race.  Just recently, Trump's base was marching on government offices because they are broke.  That $1200 is not enough to run an average American household for a week.  Billions to corporations and the Naz is hitting new highs.  Americans were not all riled up about race until DT kept scratching that itch.  So, even with their asses on fire they are willing to let him pour more gasoline on their butts.  Many blacks are just as dumb.  This is America and dummies do not belong just to one race.  

Why give your weak opponent fuel for his campaign?  Picking a VP based on race is tokenism.  Kennedy picked Johnson because he could bring votes in the south and Johnson was the ultimate Washington insider, that's how he pushed through all the civil rights legislation.  His being on the ticket softened the prejudice voters had against Catholics.  Sticking a black woman on the ticket will just make it harder to get the voters Biden needs to win.  

We just had a black president.  The country will vote for who they feel is the best qualified candidate.  Biden is w-e-a-k.  He needs all the help he can get.  What electoral votes will he gain by putting a black woman on his ticket?  Especially as it appears he is being forced into it.  Is he being forced by the majority of voters?  

We the people are facing the most important election of our lifetimes, young people and old.  This election is going to be a major decision about who we are as a country.  Are we a country that supports voter suppression?  Are we a country that believes in a higher standard of living for all our people?  Do we believe healthcare is a right of birth?  Do we feel we have advanced enough in giving equal rights to all our people?  Do we believe corporations should continue to grow, take more resources out of our country and pay our workers less in real dollars?

The list is too large to play "well it's your turn now."  The future of the country is at stake.

Edited by Number9

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I've been watching Reconstruction: America After the Civil War and it really underscores the importance of picking a VP who is best for the job instead of someone who seems electorally advantageous. Andrew Johnson was selected as VP just so Lincoln could have a pro-war Democrat on his ticket for electoral reasons. Then he ended up winning in a landslide anyway.

The way Johnson handled Reconstruction after Lincoln was assassinated helped keep us on the path we're still on today instead of what could have been a much better path had Lincoln, or someone more like him, been president. Johnson's seen as one of the worst, if not the worst, presidents of all time.

It is almost like if we understand the errors from history, we don't have to repeat them...hummm...

I agree that we need extreme competence and energy to get shit done b/c the mess that will be left behind is going to be epic. 

I still like Warren as VP as she seems like she will drive many policies along towards actual effective implementation.

Edited by ChemEngr79

On 6/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, Titans279 said:

I've been watching Reconstruction: America After the Civil War and it really underscores the importance of picking a VP who is best for the job instead of someone who seems electorally advantageous. Andrew Johnson was selected as VP just so Lincoln could have a pro-war Democrat on his ticket for electoral reasons. Then he ended up winning in a landslide anyway.

The way Johnson handled Reconstruction after Lincoln was assassinated helped keep us on the path we're still on today instead of what could have been a much better path had Lincoln, or someone more like him, been president. Johnson's seen as one of the worst, if not the worst, presidents of all time.

Johnson is easily a top 5 worst president of all time, and you’re exactly right on all points. 

13 minutes ago, tgo said:

Johnson is easily a top 5 worst president of all time, and you’re exactly right on all points. 

Yup terrible president.

He certainly was no William Henry Harrison. One of the greatest presidents this nation has ever seen. His presidential library & museum in Pawnee is great.

Edited by TitansFan777

On 6/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, Titans279 said:

It’s true, but I would hardly compare any of Biden’s VP candidates to Andrew Johnson.