Biden VP Thread

tgo

9 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

This compares to President how?   The jobs seem completely different.  I've never been either- but the two job experiences, skills, and knowledge seem completely different.  

It's administrative experience as opposed to legislative experience.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

First of all - fuck anyone supporting taking down statues of George Washington. To be fair, it was more of a dodge really when you listen to the interview. 

Second of all, the entire country was “stolen from Native Americans.” Let’s just give it back and retreat back to England I guess. 

I hope Democrats dont continue being this incredibly stupid and playing this identity politics game all the way down the rabbit hole. Its a sure way to lose.

Edited by tgo

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Well thankfully she walked it back. 

She didn’t walk anything back. She never said we should tear down any statues of Washington or give land back to Native American groups. She just said we should listen to what everyone's has to say. I don’t think that suggesting a rational dialog is anything that needs to be walked back.

George Washington, like many of the founding fathers, knew slavery was wrong but liked being wealthy more than doing the right thing.

I'm wouldn't remove monuments given their importance to the country but I do think it's important that more people grapple with the facts that these guys did some terrible things.

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

She didn’t walk anything back. She never said we should tear down any statues of Washington or give land back to Native American groups. She just said we should listen to what everyone's has to say. I don’t think that suggesting a rational dialog is anything that needs to be walked back.

I think tgo thinks these people, like other "radical lefty kooks" should be ignored.

25 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

George Washington, like many of the founding fathers, knew slavery was wrong but liked being wealthy more than doing the right thing.

I'm wouldn't remove monuments given their importance to the country but I do think it's important that more people grapple with the facts that these guys did some terrible things.

I recently finished Ron Chernow’s comprehensive biography on Washinton. Would suggest everyone read it. 

Washington was harsher on his slaves than many other founders who had slaves, but what it boils down to is all of the Virginia Agrarian founders owned slaves - including Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe. 

Its the Northern industrialists/attorneys that didnt own slaves and it all boils to economics. The Virginians owned slaves because their Agrarian livelihoods depended on it while Adams, Franklin, Hamilton, etc never had financial dependency on the institution of slavery due basically to being industrialist New Englanders. That’s just the harsh, simple reality of the time - it all came down to money whether the founders disavowed slavery or not. 

That said, the US simply wouldn’t exist without Washington due to him single handedly holding the warring volatile political factions together and preserving the Union of states and factions early on, in addition to being the reason why the war was won against England to begin with. 

And for the record - Hamilton>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jefferson and Madison. 

Washington (As time went on) was at least smart enough to align himself more politically with Hamilton than the Jeffersonian Southern Plantation Agrarian slave economy. 

Edited by tgo

19 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Ok well she issued a statement “clarifying” her stance then hah. 

As the vetting continues, the people with knowledge of the search say that it remains fluid and that it’s far from clear whom Biden will select, with Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) still seen by many Biden allies as a favorite and other prospects very much in the mix. Some Biden allies said privately that while Duckworth is an appealing candidate, they don’t think she will ultimately be chosen.

Beyond Duckworth’s relative inexperience on the national stage, her selection would frustrate those who are pushing Biden to choose an African American, saying the issues raised by protesters in recent weeks highlight the need for someone who understands the black experience in America.

Edited by Titans279

Tammy Duckworth isn't wrong, but she needs to STFU. As do any dems with an opinion on monuments. 

Run the ball, stop the run. Leave the toss sweeps and reverse in your pocket. Run on policy, run on restoring the executive branch and integrity to the Constitution. Monuments, etc are side shows that you can't win on.

Edited by luvyablue256

39 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The founding fathers were traitors by any legal definition. They were traitors to their legal British government (the king). 

But it’s not like Americans today or supporters of the revolution back then would care about that. When you successfully lead a revolution you are a hero and freedom fighter overthrowing oppression. When you unsuccessfully lead a revolution you are hanged as a traitor.

47 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Seriously, the DNC and Biden's campaign staff needs to get every currently elected Dem and every Dem on a 2020 ballot in a room and get them in LINE. Threaten their fucking careers if it comes to it. 

That works with Republicans, not Democrats. They are way to politically varied in the big tent party.