Raiders Week

Jonboy

10 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Obviously you need a winning record in your division to have a good shot at the playoffs and especially if you want to win the division.

So yes, if we want to win the division we need to beat the Texans at least once and probably twice.

We need to focus on the raiders first,did we beat them already? Every one getting ahead of themselves like the raiders are gonna just lay down,let's focus on the raiders and then worry about the texans

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

credit to u/BastardOfBaratheon on Reddit. 

Wtf are you smoking? This is the NFL, no some redneck beer league.

If the Titans don’t win this game, then they really don’t deserve to be a playoff team anyway.   The bottom line is the good teams win games like this, especially when there’s no margin for

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Tomachek said:

IMO, we need to beat Houston twice.  It's a tough task, but if we want to be annual playoff contenders we need to start beating our own division.  We are currently 2-2 against our division.  Look at the teams that are in the playoffs as of now against their division.

Playoff teams against division opponents

Patriots 4-0

Bills 3-1

Baltimore 3-1

Steelers 3-2

Houston 3-1

Kansas City 4-0

No we need to beat the raiders first,even if we beat Texans twice but loose to the raiders we still might not make the playoffs, and there's a chance we might not beat them twice,smh

1 hour ago, Mays.clinton said:

We need to focus on the raiders first,did we beat them already? Every one getting ahead of themselves like the raiders are gonna just lay down,let's focus on the raiders and then worry about the texans

We arent the players. We can focus on whatever game we want lol. Us focusing on the Raiders isnt gonna change how the team focuses.

6 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

We arent the players. We can focus on whatever game we want lol. Us focusing on the Raiders isnt gonna change how the team focuses.

It might give us some interesting things to watch for this week?  This game is a tossup IMO

32 minutes ago, Supernope said:

It might give us some interesting things to watch for this week?  This game is a tossup IMO

To watch obviously lol. I just mean no need to hold discussion only about Raiders and ignore the future games. Raiders negative point differential being so big makes me not worry about this one.

33 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Dear god will they fire this fucking bum Carter already?? 

He is literally the worst Oline coach in the NFL. 

I’ve been as critical Carter as anyone else, but in fairness to the guy...from what I’ve seen, only about 60% of the team’s sacks can be attributed to poor O-line play.   A lot of sacks have been the QB holding the ball too long and/or running himself into a sack.  We’ve also seen sacks allowed by TEs and RBs on plays where the OL was solid.  

37 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The guy is a 10 year vet so I'm guessing he will catch on pretty fast.  They might want to dial back those complex coverages that leave guys like Doyle so wide open there isn't a "sophisticated" DB within 20 yards of him. 

And what about the cover 1 to cover 2 morph coverage that lead to Logan Ryan’s pick with him shifting to a deep zone safety position to confuse Brissett? 

Disguise is critical to this defense. But yes, they will have to dial back on that regardless unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, nine said:

I’ve been as critical Carter as anyone else, but in fairness to the guy...from what I’ve seen, only about 60% of the team’s sacks can be attributed to poor O-line play.   A lot of sacks have been the QB holding the ball too long and/or running himself into a sack.  We’ve also seen sacks allowed by TEs and RBs on plays where the OL was solid.  

I understand not all of the sacks are on the Oline, but my biggest issue is the continued lack of effectiveness dealing with twists and stunts. Every team has been successful running these against us and it keeps happening. That's a communication and coaching issue IMO

26 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

In fairness Brissett just plain overthrew the ball. The receiver was open.

Lol it was into triple coverage in zone, the receiver was absolutely not open. It was a terrible decision. 

1 minute ago, Supdawg said:

I understand not all of the sacks are on the Oline, but my biggest issue is the continued lack of effectiveness dealing with twists and stunts. Every team has been successful running these against us and it keeps happening. That's a communication and coaching issue IMO

I think guys know what they're supposed to do because they've been taught to do it but in the moment of truth their eyes lie to them or they lose focus. For whatever reason even when they recognize that they have to hand a guy off, the guy that's supposed to be picking him up either isn't ready to do so or is distracted by a LB they think is going to rush but isn't their guy anyways (usually belongs to the back). They're taking the cheese too often and getting burned for it. 

48 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

In fairness Brissett just plain overthrew the ball. The receiver was open.

It depends on your definition of “open”.  

As the saying goes,  “a perfect throw beats perfect coverage every time”.    The receiver was well covered and bracketed on three sides.   A perfectly placed ball still could have been caught...but the overthrown ball resulted in an INT.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic