Jonboy

Raiders Week

FiveThirtyEight currently rates our playoff odds at 42% with a 22% chance to win the division. Those numbers jump to 57% and 27% with a win over the Raiders on Sunday. It would also knock the Raiders down to 6-7, all but eliminating them from the playoffs. Right now, Pittsburgh has slightly better odds for the final wild card spot, but they still have games against the Bills and Ravens.

The most unfortunate part about Houston beating NE last night is now we almost certainly have to sweep Houston if we want the division crown. 

AFC Playoff Picture

Division Leaders

1. Baltimore (10-2) 

2. New England (10-2) 

3. Houston (8-4) 

4. Kansas City (8-4) 

Wild-Card Race

5. Buffalo (9-3) 

6. Pittsburgh (7-5) 

In the Hunt

7. Tennessee (7-5) 

8. Oakland (6-6) 

8. Indianapolis (6-6) 

10. Cleveland (5-7) 

19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Other than Josh Jacobs and Darren Waller who do they have on offense that could give us issues?

The WR Williams, the ex Charger could be a problem against our injury riddled CB's too.

Pisses me off PIT is 7-5. No way they should be there. Still think RT has made us the best team in the division and that we'll win it, but #6 and a playoff birth should be ours to lose.

And to think here in Steeler country not long ago ppl were getting tired of Tomlin. 

Smdh. 

As fast as Tomlin pulled Rudolph, Mariota wouldn't have even started week 1. 

OAK looks a lot more to their talent level lately. We're getting them at the perfect time. Hope we take advantage.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Too early to talk about sweeping the Texans.

Almost have to mention it if you're talking at all about winning the division though. They're ahead of us by game in the standings and there's only 4 games left with 2 of them against Houston. 

What a weird scheduling quirk, btw. Not sure I've ever seen it set up quite like this where a team has 2 of its final 3 games against the same division opponent (@scine09?).

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Almost have to mention it if you're talking at all about winning the division though. They're ahead of us by game in the standings and there's only 4 games left with 2 of them against Houston. 

What a weird scheduling quirk, btw. Not sure I've ever seen it set up quite like this where a team has 2 of its final 3 games against the same division opponent (@scine09?).

From my memory it's happened three times in the past 25 years or so.  The Packers/Bears years ago, a few years ago Colts/Texans and I believe two years ago Buffalo/Miami.