AAS and JRob have to accept the reality of where this franchise currently sits

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

The guys I'd have on the block are: Henry, Walker, Conklin, Butler. Might get decent value for those guys

Butler has played great this season. Getting rid of him doesn’t move the needle for us and just creates another hole. 

I think with the offense you open the trading block up for just about everyone other than Lewan, Jonnu, AJ Brown, and Davis. I think everyone else is replaceable 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It really sucks that the reality is after week 6 this season is done, there is absolutely no way this team wins 8 out of the last 10 games to even entertain the possibility of the playoffs and with ou

Add Delanie to the list, if I was JRob I would offer to eat some of his salary if it meant getting a slightly better pick back.   To be totally honest i'm not sure JRob or AAS has the stones

The worst thing to me is I had a high opinion of Robinson and Vrabel early on and they've really made me question if they are even competent now. Mariota def sucks but there is more going on than just

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It really sucks that the reality is after week 6 this season is done, there is absolutely no way this team wins 8 out of the last 10 games to even entertain the possibility of the playoffs and with our poor AFC/AFC South record 10 wins probably wouldn't be enough anyway.

AAS and JRob need to have the tough conversations about exactly where this franchise currently sits, the entire offensive side of this team is broken, its broken all the way from the offensive philosophy through to the coaches and the QB position.

In terms of coaching changes not much can be done mid season that will help turn things around, but there are things roster wise than can be done now to put the team in a better position heading into the offseason.

Question is whether the Executive Core of this franchise has the stomach to do what is required to turn this franchise around, grinding out a 6 win season does nothing to help obtain the QBOTF if anything it probably pushes the team just out of range to get the top 2-3 QB's in the 2020 Draft.

With the trade deadline two weeks away the Titans should be a seller, its time to start acquiring draft capital and giving the team the best possible chance of obtaining the QBOTF.

Putting the coaching infrastructure in place to develop the QBOTF and then obtaining the QBOTF needs to be the singular focus of this franchise now.

The NFL isnt the NBA, NHL, or MLB.

Just now, Thrill said:

Butler has played great this season. Getting rid of him doesn’t move the needle for us and just creates another hole. 

I think with the offense you open the trading block up for just about everyone other than Lewan, Jonnu, AJ Brown, and Davis. I think everyone else is replaceable 

I agree Butler has played great. But hes aging and has a big contract. If they got good value then you absolutely move him. The Titans will be rebuilding

I don't agree that they need to deal these guys.  What I do think is they need to just start Tannehill and open up the offense.  When you score 7 points in 10 quarters the QB, whether it's 100% his fault or not, has to take the blame.  At the same time, so does the system.  The talent is there.  The WRs IMO are good enough.  Just let Tannehill wing it and see what happens.  The talent is there to compete right now.  Let's remember that while they're 2-4 they at one point were in control of both the Colts and Bills games in the 2nd half.  2-4 could easily be 4-2.  Things aren't broken.  They just need to open it up.

The defense is very good.  They can also be very good next year.  Why ruin that by dealing important pieces?

I am beginning to question Vrabel. Is it he has been saddled with Mariota or is he truly this stupid when it comes to running an NFL Offense? 

If I’m Robinson, you let the season play out and if there is any doubt you say “oops, my bad” and move on to a better HC with an understanding of today’s game. Otherwise you risk losing your job because of Vrabel. 

Robinson has been good. You don’t hit HR’s every single time and the most important thing to me is how quickly he does move on from a mistake.

Edited by AvgJoe

I'm not sure why JRob is getting a pass from so many... I've begun to lose confidence in him too. Vrabel is his guy, he's had some major duds of free agent signings, and many of his top picks have become busts. 

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So let me get this right.  We should flush the team of all the guys that aren't really the problem?  We just saw a QB not even able to throw a screen pass and that is on Henry?  Our rookie RG got man raped a number of times.  Thus the only chance we have of running the ball is to keep Henry.  

Conklin, while not playing great wasn't the problem.  In fact he blocked one of the best pass rushers for most of the game and has been one of our best OL guys.  Butler didn't have a bad game either and who is going to take his place?  We even have people wanting to dump Adoree when he has been our best CB so far.  

Walker I can see especially if he wants to move on.  But it certainly isn't his fault his QB couldn't make NFL level throws.  

Here is the proper perspective.  Assume we are going to go with a draft pick at QB.  That makes the most sense now.  We could still sign Tannehill on a short term deal.  We have to fix the OL obviously so I'd consider keeping Conklin (one less thing to replace) if reasonable.  If Walker wants to stay on I'd keep him as well.  Same with Henry.  And no way I screw with the defense.  We also need to consider our OC situation.  Also look for another OL coach.  

None of those guys will be worth the money on a rebuilding team. The Titans absolutely have to get the QB position right, need draft picks

I understand fans are pissed but a sell off isn't viable for one primary reason. The return for the Teams that acquire players midseason is historically non-existent. Its rare for a guy to contribute after being acquired week 6 and beyond. Do you think a team is going to give up a high pick for Delanie or Conklin and then push them into the lineup without knowing the offense? This isn't MLB or the NBA where guys can make an immediate impact.

The best thing to do is see if the offense improves with RT and if not, start playing young guys so they can be evaluated. 

The other thing is that if they don't keep Mariota, which at the moments seems very likely that they will not, they can sign every one of these guys.  The Titans roster is ready made to win now.  They're 2-4 and easily could be 4-2.  This is not the Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Washington Redskins or anything even close to that.

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The other thing is that if they don't keep Mariota, which at the moments seems very likely that they will not, they can sign every one of these guys.  The Titans roster is ready made to win now.  They're 2-4 and easily could be 4-2.  This is not the Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Washington Redskins or anything even close to that.

The larger point is none of these guys will return the draft capital to move up to acquire a new QB. Its a pipe dream.

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The larger point is none of these guys will return the draft capital to move up to acquire a new QB. Its a pipe dream.

Right.  

The other thing is there, at this point at least, appear to be a ton of guys who may be first round QBs.  Tua (who I have zero interest in to begin with), Fromm, Burrow, Love, Hurts (Who I also really don't want), Eason.  And I'm sure there are 1 or 2 that we don't even know about yet.  There's a lot of guys out there.  And if you look around the league, how many teams really even need a QB?  Miami, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh maybe, Denver, LAC maybe and Tampa Bay.  There's not going to be a ton of competition for these guys.  I really don't think you're going to need a ton of draft capital, if any, to move up to take the QB you want.

So one of two things happens.  Either Tannehill lights it up, they start winning and they determine that they really can win with Tannehill and make him the starter at least for next year and try to build around him.  Or Tannehill doesn't, they continue to lose, and they draft early.

But this is not a team with a lot of holes.  

Edited by scine09

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Right.  

The other thing is there, at this point at least, appear to be a ton of guys who may be first round QBs.  Tua (who I have zero interest in to begin with), Fromm, Burrow, Love, Hurts (Who I also really don't want), Eason.  ANd I'm sure there are 1 or 2 that we don't even know about yet.  There's a lot of guys out there.  And if you look around the league, how many teams really even need a QB?  Miami, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh maybe, Denver, LAC maybe and Tampa Bay.  There's not going to be a ton of competition for these guys.  I really don't think you're going to need a ton of draft capital, if any, to move up to take the QB you want.

So one of two things happens.  Either Tannehill lights it up, they start winning and they determine that they really can win with Tannehill and make him the starter at least for next year and try to build around him.  Or Tannehill doesn't, they continue to lose, and they draft early.

But this is not a team with a lot of holes.  

Exactly. The idea the team should be blown up is crazy. They are a QB away from being a playoff team. The one guy I would consider moving is Henry. He holds the offense back in his own way. 

3 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

The Steelers are a prime example of a well constructed team. They put in a backup QB and win. He gets hurt and they put in an undrafted QB last night and he wins. If the parts are gelling the QB doesn't become the crucial element. Just need someone adequate that can hit passes. They had so many plays that were quick hitters it kept the Chargers confused. Ball was out in under two seconds. And they have a running game.

The Steelers are 2-4.