Warren Sharp on Smith

Titans279

Just now, scine09 said:

Well.....let him try.  They're not letting him sink or swim.  He's a complementary piece.  You can't run your team like that.  Either they truly give him the chance or bench him.  But this middle ground part isn't helping anyone.

It already happened @scine09 he sank.

Hence me and @OILERMAN making a big deal about the quote "The offense goes through Henry" they know what Mariota is.

They just wanted to see him prove that he could compete within the SIMPLE confines of this offense before really closing the door.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is not trusted plain and simple. Aggressive coaches call aggressive games when they have a Qb that can throw the ball

Scine...what in the world?

The guy can’t consistently make pro throws. End of story. Time to move on. 

Posted Images

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

You really think they were going to let him air it out in a close game against the colts to go possibly 2-0 just to see if he's a competent player?

It would've been nice.  The other way certainly didn't work.

Scary thing out of the Vrabel/Mariota press conferences there didn't seem any appetite from Vrabel to make a QB change and Mariota certainly didn't sound like a guy that was losing his grip on the starting QB job.

@tgo mentioned the possibility earlier that they are going to run with Mariota until Lewan gets back, unfortunately this might actually be what happens.

Just now, big2033 said:

Hence me and @OILERMAN making a big deal about the quote "The offense goes through Henry" they know what Mariota is.

They just wanted to see him prove that he could compete within the SIMPLE confines of this offense before really closing the door.

So....BENCH HIM.  This is not rocket science.  If everything you're saying is true.

Just now, ap24786 said:

No I won't. You seem super triggered whenever anyone wants to be somewhat critical of anything in the world other than Mariota. You do know if Tannehill plays that game it's the same result right? 

How about the air in the football ... air pressure could affect his throws lol.

I'm critical of stupidity. 

I don't think Tannehill is the answer either. And I won't make excuses for him.

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

It's not difficult to understand

Just now, scine09 said:

So....BENCH HIM.  This is not rocket science.  If everything you're saying is true.

It could be coming. But they wanted to give Mariota a chance to grow in his last year.

They were hoping for an Alex Smith-like season. You guys thought we'd be throwing it all over the field ... it was obvious that was never going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

It rained for Minshew too and he dropped dimes in tight coverage for touchdowns. A 6th round rookie with a weak arm..

Minshew didn't play bad. Our pass rush makes any OL look good but he didn't make any mistakes. He played a safe game with checkdowns once they took that 14-0 lead and dropped a couple dimes as well.

1 minute ago, japan said:

The guy can’t consistently make pro throws. End of story. Time to move on. 

At least you can put the arm strength thing to rest.  He's got plenty of arm.  That's not the issue.  It's the same arm strength he's always had.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Again, if that's the case............

Well, we all know what they can do if that's what they think.

You don't burn your face after 2 and a half weeks for Ryan Tannehill. 

Edited by big2033