Warren Sharp on Smith

Titans279

Just now, big2033 said:

Don't get personal because you don't have an answer.

I'm not the one spouting that "I know what I saw" you are. And you're no scout.

It's obvious we missed something. I'm called arrogant around here, but it's your arrogance that had you guys hold on for so long.

You don't know what you're seeing.

Lol it isn’t personal to call a spade a spade. You’re an idiot who doesn’t know football. I know football. Mariota was not the same QB as we saw the past three weeks the first two years. You’re only proving yourself as said spade by insinuating such a thing. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota is not trusted plain and simple. Aggressive coaches call aggressive games when they have a Qb that can throw the ball

Scine...what in the world?

The guy can’t consistently make pro throws. End of story. Time to move on. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Lol it isn’t personal to call a spade a spade. You’re an idiot who doesn’t know football. I know football. Mariota was not the same QB as we saw the past three weeks the first two years. You’re only proving yourself as said spade by insinuating such a thing. 

LOL ... and I'm the arrogant one.

No, you don't know shit. Obviously. And it's been proven time and time again. You know how to watch football, we all do, but we don't know the nuances as much as we think.

The only reason why I end up on top of these things is I trust the people paid to do this, while you break down film thinking you're Bill Walsh. Keep falling into that armchair trap.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

But you can point out that his habits were the same, no?  Even the highlight reel someone posted today was heavy  on PA and throws to the middle/ first read types.

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Don't get personal because you don't have an answer.

I'm not the one spouting that "I know what I saw" you are. And you're no scout.

It's obvious we missed something. I'm called arrogant around here, but it's arrogance that had you guys hold on for so long.

You don't know what you're seeing.

It could it be that we've had simplified reads for years because ... according to his scouting report, that's the only way he had success? Connect the dots.

Wait just a second. “Don’t get personal because you don’t have an answer”? 

Dude, earlier in this thread, you told someone to just shut up. You’re not the authority you think you are, and it’s absolutely HILARIOUS that you try this whole white knight routine on this forum. You’re trying to educate the masses while being a dummy yourself. 

3 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Wait just a second. “Don’t get personal because you don’t have an answer”? 

Dude, earlier in this thread, you told someone to just shut up. You’re not the authority you think you are, and it’s absolutely HILARIOUS that you try this whole white knight routine on this forum. You’re trying to educate the masses while being a dummy yourself. 

You can't help yourself can you @StephenIsLegend lol.

Telling someone to shut up is not getting personal. It's help. I didn't call him an idiot. I prevented him from making himself one by telling him to quit while he was ahead.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

But you can point out that his habits were the same, no?  Even the highlight reel someone posted today was heavy  on PA and throws to the middle/ first read types.

Yes, because that’s been the offense. He hit those throws for the most part. He also navigated the pocket much better, was able to push the ball to the intermediate outside, eventually developed a deep ball, and was decisive. Anyone who thinks what we saw today looks remotely like Mariota from 2015 or 2016 has a bad memory. 

Just now, big2033 said:

You can't help yourself can you @StephenIsLegend lol.

Telling someone to shut up is not getting personal. It's help. I didn't call him an idiot. I prevented him from making himself one by telling him to quit while he was ahead.

You do realize you just look like a buffoon, right? 

I usually dont don’t say anything because I don’t want to feed that false narrative of you thinking literally everyone is on your nuts. 

Do the forum a favor and stop attempting your crusade. It’s a completely useless effort. 

Scouting reports can be totally wrong or totally right or in between. Some of them yea they get them right but the difference is the coaching and players ability to develop. You don’t go as the number 2nd pick for any reason. Even if the offenses were simplified he was excellent because he made quick decisions. This is where confidence and trusting your abilities come in. You can win with a QB, whose offense is simplified with a great defense, great run game and scheme to wide open guys. The kicker is being able to make these throws and if you miss your opportunity well in the NFL You won’t get it again on any particular play. Case in point, he misses sharpe for a touchdown because he threw it completely in the wrong spot. Absolute killer, 4 years ago even 3 years ago he makes that throw. Scouting reports can be a great tool but if we read Tom Brady’s I’m sure he probably wouldn’t scream hall of famer wirh 6 rings. Mariota might have had his short comings but even I can admit if you’re gonna use simplified offenses you better make those throws or you’ll just end up looking like Vince young. 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

You do realize you just look like a buffoon, right? 

I usually dont don’t say anything because I don’t want to feed that false narrative of you thinking literally everyone is on your nuts. 

Do the forum a favor and stop attempting your crusade. It’s a completely useless effort. 

YOU ALWAYS SAY SOMETHING.

You should do yourself a favor and stop yours.

9 minutes ago, big2033 said:

LOL ... and I'm the arrogant one.

No, you don't know shit. Obviously. And it's been proven time and time again. You know how to watch football, we all do, but we don't know the nuances as much as we think.

The only reason why I end up on top of these things is I trust the people paid to do this, while you break down film thinking you're Bill Walsh. Keep falling into that armchair trap.

I didn’t say I was an expert. I said I know football. I was wrong about Mariota developing. I jumped off last year. I think the injuries did him in along with the constant instability. I’m telling you directly he looked nothing like this his first two years. Some of the bad habits were there, but he was an entirely different QB. I know that much. 

All I'm saying is there is something to be learned the next time we see scouting report like this. Take them more seriously. 

I didn't at the time. I thought Mariota would be fine. But obviously there are certain things scouts see that are definite issues that we as fans try to ignore.

Mariota short accuracy and quick release and a staff who built a simplified offense around him may have masked these things. Meanwhile we all thought, me included, he was becoming an elite passer. When he was still at the bottom level the whole time.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Also, what the hell happened on that double move to Sharpe? Oh my. I don’t know the last time I’ve seen a throw that off. The replay of David Carr throwing a pick to the Rams comes to mind, but even that wasn’t as bad. 

I was pissed.  Then I laughed when I saw the replay.  I mean what can you do at this point?

Just now, big2033 said:

All I'm saying is there is something to be learned the next time we see scouting report like this. Take them more seriously. 

I didn't at the time. I thought Mariota would be fine. But obviously there are certain things scouts see that are definite issues that we as fans try to ignore.

Mariota accuracy and quick release and a staff who built a simplified offense around him may have masked these things. Meanwhile we all thought, me included, he was becoming an elite passer. When he was still at the bottom level the whole time.

He wasn’t at the bottom the whole time. That’s what I’m telling you. He was processing very well his rookie year behind the worst line in the NFL. In 2016 he was in a run first offense built around PA. He did well with it, but he also played well from the pocket, navigated it, and continued to progress with his ability to process the field. He’s looked a lot different after the leg break.