I'm beginning to think it's Miss Amy.

Number9

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Tannehill never did a thing to really help them win football games, though.

If he did they likely wouldn't be in this position to begin with.

He's still an upgrade to Marcus.

Which says a lot about both the Dolphins and Mariota.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not Amy.  Unlike Bud, she's not stupid enough to try and make football decisions.

Imaginary conversation between miss Amy and JRob would go something like this. Jrob:Mariota must go, he can't throw deep balls. Miss Amy:Deep balls to whom? Didn't you just send the only guy who can

@tgo number9 stole your theory.

I don't know if it's her personally or just an "organizational decision".

Why wasn't there a real QB battle? Tanny would have easily won. He can make every single play MM has made thus far and while he's not great he can execute a basic drop back passing game.

I honestly don't even think Vrabel likes MM

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

We have no idea whether that's true or not.

Yeah I do.

Tannehill can play QB at the NFL level at a competent level, as in he knows theirs times to throw it away, Marcus just holds on to the ball I guess hoping for shit, I don't know can't explain it.

We are going to find out soon enough, I don't believe the locker room is willing to wait much longer.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't know if it's her personally or just an "organizational decision".

Why wasn't there a real QB battle? Tanny would have easily won. He can make every single play MM has made thus far and while he's not great he can execute a basic drop back passing game.

I honestly don't even think Vrabel likes MM

I never got the sense that Vrabel was a big Mariota fan.  I don't even know why, he hasn't said anything to hint at it.  Just a sense I've gotten.

I think Mariota is likely too quiet for Vrabel and he'd prefer a stronger personality at the position.  And his lack of production/injuries don't help matters.  Again, he hasn't said anything it's just a feeling I get.

1 minute ago, Smokes said:

Yeah I do.

Tannehill can play QB at the NFL level at a competent level, as in he knows theirs times to throw it away, Marcus just holds on to the ball I guess hoping for shit, I don't know can't explain it.

We are going to find out soon enough, I don't believe the locker room is willing to wait much longer.

Look if they make a change tonight I totally understand.  I can see both sides of it.  

7 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Yeah I do.

Tannehil might come with his own issues, but I suspect he'll at least throw the ball and give the WR's a chance to make the catch as opposed to Mariota.

I am not going to try and prove anything.  I am just observing.  Today.  Marcus Mariota brought absolutely nothing to the game.  We have a group of receivers running around out there who can catch football.  We have a RB that might take it to the house on any play.  There's now way you can't get targets open like other teams.

You don't have to be an expert to see they are dummying the offense for the QB.  Yes, all QB miss throws, but you can't name one starter in the league who consistently sails the ball over their #1 receivers head.  Pocket awareness.  Name one QB in the league who is worse.  If JRob and Vrabel couldn't see that or don't know it's true they should be released.

Put your thinking cap on.  Are the Titans a well coached team?  Does MM look like he's well coached?  If the coaches can coach up the rest of the team, why does the QB not look comparable to the other players at performing his tasks.

Miss Amy.  JRob caught hell trying to get rid of Mularkey.  Why?  We needed a starter quality backup last year and there were QBs available who could come in and compete.  This year was a no-brainer.  Tannehill isn't better than MM??  I think every starter in the NFL is better than Mariota played today.  Remember, the rest of the team makes Mariota look better than he is.

Edited by Number9

Case in point.                                   Season 

Adam Humphries 36M-4yrs    3 catches 4 yards.  Rushing 1   1yards.

This is a beautiful player for a ball control offense.  Great hands, good yac and knows how to play the position.  He's the kind of player who kills teams.  He's not a deep threat, he gets first downs.  All heart, guy was undrafted.  He's a chain mover.  Hell, the Patriots wanted him.  

Mariota is so limited, he can't make teams pay for not paying attention to him.  Humphries hasn't produced a first down yet.  Mariota is throwing him the ball behind the los.  You want to blame Smith?  Why would Smith call plays like that instead of hitting him where Tampa threw him the ball?  

You can go down the list player after player, underachieving.  Why?

Corey Davis, #5 draft pick.  Two games, 3 catches, 38 yards.  Why?