Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

11 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Scine was posting non stop and high and mighty himself, he was explaining to us we didn't know what were watching and we only looked at stats. 

Also when I was saying it was Mariota and not Mularkey do I need to bring up all the old threads? The same people saying does it ever stop weren't stopping then. They were condescending and lecturing. We were getting lessons all about how offense is supposed to be run. 

Go cry for mercy elsewhere 

I’ve never once lectured.  I’ve always given my opinions.  My opinion of Mularkey is the same as it’s been.  He was a terrible coach and the worst decision the organization has made since coming to Tennessee. 

Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t mean I’m lecturing you.

And there’s no right or wrong here.  If you post something that’s factually incorrect, as I’ve pointed out, that’s when you’re wrong.  But if you post an opinion that I don’t agree with or vice versa, neither of us is right and neither of us is wrong.  This is a message board.  We’re both fans of the team and want the same thing.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I’ve never once lectured.  I’ve always given my opinions.  My opinion of Mularkey is the same as it’s been.  He was a terrible coach and the worst decision the organization has made since coming to Tennessee. 

Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t mean I’m lecturing you.

And there’s no right or wrong here.  If you post something that’s factually incorrect, as I’ve pointed out, that’s when you’re wrong.  But if you post an opinion that I don’t agree with or vice versa, neither of us is right and neither of us is wrong.  This is a message board.  We’re both fans of the team and want the same thing.

Dont lecture me about not lecturing!

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Scine was posting non stop and high and mighty himself, he was explaining to us we didn't know what were watching and we only looked at stats. 

Also when I was saying it was Mariota and not Mularkey do I need to bring up all the old threads? The same people saying does it ever stop weren't stopping then. They were condescending and lecturing. We were getting lessons all about how offense is supposed to be run. 

Go cry for mercy elsewhere 

I honestly get the opposite vibe from scine. That’s why I still respect his views, even when he is wrong. 

You, big, Bud Adams, and maybe a couple others are the ones constantly acting high and mighty, talking down to the ones who don’t share your views, and then STILL talking down even when others share your views. 

7 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I mean this is always what ends up happening. Board melts down calling him the worst QB in the league. Then the all-22 comes out and it's not *as bad* as people expected. Similar to what happened against Baltimore. 

That being said, thought Mariota played one of his worst games just for the simple reason that he had bad pocket movement at times and felt pressure before it was even there. Fell into a couple sacks on crucial downs when he could have at least gotten the ball out. 

35 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I honestly get the opposite vibe from scine. That’s why I still respect his views, even when he is wrong. 

You, big, Bud Adams, and maybe a couple others are the ones constantly acting high and mighty, talking down to the ones who don’t share your views, and then STILL talking down even when others share your views. 

I legitimately am high and mighty

49 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

With good reason given posts like this and where the team is at with Mariota.  

When you align with Scine, Face, Hustin, Titanruss, and NashvilleNinga on QB analysis, you are most certainly going to come out of I t looking stupid. 

Edited by BudAdams

Most of the threads I get involved in is people saying absolutely stupid shit on either side of a subject.

So yes, I'm high and mighty above stupid.

When you're arguing over play calls and WR issues for a QB who throws 11 TDs in 14 games you're going to look stupid. You shouldn't argue against a number so low that any marginal starter in the league could top it in eight games.

Just take the criticism and hope the player plays better.

Edited by big2033

19 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

With good reason given posts like this and where the team is at with Mariota.  

When you align with Scine, Face, Hustin, Titanruss, and NashvilleNinga on QB analysis, you are most certainly going to come out of I t looking stupid. 

Not even necessarily talking about aligning with views.  It's the way the sides are presented that I'm talking about.  All I'm saying is that throughout this process, @scine09 has seemed relatively calm in his presentation, whereas he is constantly met with "LOL YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO JUDGE QBS YOU RETARD LOL"  Feel free to add in some emojis on your general responses.  

I mean, I'll admit I don't respond tastefully always, so I'm not including myself in the list of those that respond well.  But it's ultra-hilarious to see one of the biggest antagonizing presence of the board act like scine is somehow being condescending or high and mighty.  

All I'm pointing out is the delivery of the message is being skewed.

3 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Not even necessarily talking about aligning with views.  It's the way the sides are presented that I'm talking about.  All I'm saying is that throughout this process, @scine09 has seemed relatively calm in his presentation, whereas he is constantly met with "LOL YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO JUDGE QBS YOU RETARD LOL"  Feel free to add in some emojis on your general responses.  

I mean, I'll admit I don't respond tastefully always, so I'm not including myself in the list of those that respond well.  But it's ultra-hilarious to see one of the biggest antagonizing presence of the board act like scine is somehow being condescending or high and mighty.  

All I'm pointing out is the delivery of the message is being skewed.

What these people don't seem to realize, or if they realize it they're not saying it, is we all have our views, we all look at things differently, but most important we all (I think) root for the same team.  And when something that these people post over and over again is going a certain way and maybe it aligns with how they've presented it (although I don't necessarily agree 100% even if Mariota's struggling mightily now), it somehow validates them and makes others who have disagreed incorrect.

There's no right or wrong here.  If someone were to say something like Mariota has never brought his team back from a large deficit that's a factually incorrect statement.  If someone were to say that Mariota's struggling but I think he can turn it around or I think Mariota's good but is going through a tough time, that is a statement that many may not agree with, but it doesn't make that person incorrect.  So whatever, if these people want to come on some message board and tell everyone how right they are and how wrong someone else is about something that literally cannot be proven correct and it makes them feel better, then whatever, let them.  

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

What these people don't seem to realize, or if they realize it they're not saying it, is we all have our views, we all look at things differently, but most important we all (I think) root for the same team.  And when something that these people post over and over again is going a certain way and maybe it aligns with how they've presented it (although I don't necessarily agree 100% even if Mariota's struggling mightily now), it somehow validates them and makes others who have disagreed incorrect.

There's no right or wrong here.  If someone were to say something like Mariota has never brought his team back from a large deficit that's a factually incorrect statement.  If someone were to say that Mariota's struggling but I think he can turn it around or I think Mariota's good but is going through a tough time, that is a statement that many may not agree with, but it doesn't make that person incorrect.  So whatever, if these people want to come on some message board and tell everyone how right they are and how wrong someone else is about something that literally cannot be proven correct and it makes them feel better, then whatever, let them.  

I've turned in my two cents, so I'm not really worried about it.  At the end of the day, it's a relatively anonymous online message board, and we are all fans of the same team.  

When have I or the others say he’s never had good games or comebacks?  What plenty of us have said is that he’s wildly inconsistent and even the highs are consistently exaggerated.  The KC playoff game is a prime example.  The defense completely shut down the chiefs offense and Derrick Henry had a monster game with almost 200 total yards.  Yet it’s portrayed like a Tom Brady/Joe Montana type of game.

What about the infamous Cian Fahey stuff - best passer in obvious passing situations.  Never mind the success rate was 34% due to sacks and non conversions.  Also guess who was second?  Jameis Winston who Fahey dislikes and people here roundly consider a bust.  Instead of stepping back and questioning this subset of data that seems absurd, no it was presented as gold and validation for how great Mariota is.