• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little whatabout!

Just another example of abuse of power 

After yesterday nothing surprises me. He's tone def and as dumb as they come.

Totally unsurprising, Blogojevich is Trump's kind of guy. 

Disgraceful. 

Trump has zero morality - zero. His sense of justice is warped toward self interest at all times. He just pardons people he likes or who ask him really nicely. 

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

That's ridiculous.   Manning was a traitor that was convicted of 21 charges.   I call utter BS if you say Blagojevich did worse than Manning.

Hilarious that you are defending a potential decision to release a swampy, old-school-Chicago corrupt and convicted Dem, cuz Trump likes the guy. 

spacer.png

If the guy was treated unfairly, then I'd get it.  But from Trump's perspective this seems more related to a reachback attack on Comey and an opportunity to shift focus away from current bad news -- much like the "we're watching you Google" bs.

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

That's ridiculous.   Manning was a traitor that was convicted of 21 charges.   I call utter BS if you say Blagojevich did worse than Manning.

Actually, no, Manning wasn’t a traitor as treason was not one of the charges. 

The charges were almost all about illegal mishandling of classified info. And the time served was reasonable based on previous cases, unlike the original sentence handed down.

Both of them were guilty. But one of them acted (illegally) as a whistleblower. The other was committing actual crimes of fraud an corruption.

18 minutes ago, begooode said:

Hilarious that you are defending a potential decision to release a swampy, old-school-Chicago corrupt and convicted Dem, cuz Trump likes the guy. 

spacer.png

If the guy was treated unfairly, then I'd get it.  But from Trump's perspective this seems more related to a reachback attack on Comey and an opportunity to shift focus away from current bad news -- much like the "we're watching you Google" bs.

I'm not defending Trump.  I don't want Blagojevich out, just like I didn't like Manning being released.

13 hours ago, Little Earl said:

I'm not defending Trump.  I don't want Blagojevich out, just like I didn't like Manning being released.

cool.. that had pretty much absolutely nothing to do with anything. thanks for bringing it into the thread 

5 hours ago, titanruss said:

cool.. that had pretty much absolutely nothing to do with anything. thanks for bringing it into the thread 

"President Barack Obama also did not commute Blagojevich's sentence."     The OP found it necessary to include this in the initial post.   So yes it did have something to do with it.  Although I guess I could have just said "really, no shit".

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

7 years is long enough for what the man did. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/08/illinois-republicans-blagojevich-trump-1453566

Prosecutors at the time of his trial argued that Blagojevich qualified for 30 years to life, but they recommended less time out of concern for his family.

As president, Obama declined to commute the sentence, and the Supreme Court declined to hear the case on more than one occasion. Trump, however, has raised the possibility of commutation in the past.

In their 2018 letter opposing such a move, the Illinois Republicans — then including Peter Roskam and Randy Hultgren — said commuting the sentence would compromise trust in American democracy.

“As you well know, the integrity of our democracy and the core of American values depend on our elected officials being honest in upholding the trust given to them by the American people,” the congressmen wrote at the time. “Granting clemency to Rod Blagojevich would go against this trust.”

Edited by Starkiller