Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Eh... I was good with comprehending this post until the very end and then my mind just exploded in confusion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the part I did understand, I've got both Apple Music and Spotify that I use daily. Well, more Apple Music these days than Spotify. Among the reasons for that is the fact that Spotify can't seem to release decent updates to their app anymore. Sick of all the crashing and buffering/delaying. I'm trying out Apple Music during the free 6 month deal they give Verizon customers to see how comparable it is to Spotify and if I can get by without some of Spotify's bells n whistles.

Fwiw, I'm obviously not against streaming or digital downloads at all. The technology itself is a revelation. Look at Neil Young as an example for what streaming should look like for any given artist. That guy set up his own website (http://www.neilyoungarchives.com) that streams his entire catalog... in hi-resolution music files, not just that compressed 320kb mp3 bullshit... to fans who pay either a monthly or annual fee for access. $1.99 a month or $19.99 per year. They even have a dedicated app that serves the same purpose as the site. Honestly, I think all artists need to follow his lead on this. There's a lot of potential for artists to connect directly with fans and make an experience out of it rather than going through intermediate entities like Spotify, YouTube, etc. etc. where they only have access to music files.

So yeah, streaming is not the devil. No one's really carrying around Case Logic notebooks full of CDs anymore. But I'll still buy physical copies of albums from artists I really care about/like and it's not just for nostalgia-related reasons. CD's have a higher sound quality and the audio doesn't have to travel down network paths where it's subject to data packet loss and other deterioration of signal that causes deterioration of sound.

---

@freakingeek, you've mentioned that you're more from the hippie generation or close to it, amirite? Idk if you're a Neil Young fan, but if you are have you seen that website of his?o find

if it blew your mind then you werent reading my posts. i stream because its convenient and cheap and worth the money. if i like an album a lot, i will buy it to listen to higher quality. this is what people of my generation figured out long ago.. you hear a song on the radio you like, so you go buy the album to find its all complete shit other than the one song. you just got ripped off, the band possibly lost a fan, and no one but the record company is happy. 

buy DL'ing music, you got to test it out - in high quality (better than radio and modern streaming sites) and if you liked it enough, you explored their other music. often contributing when you cared about the band and buying tickets to their shows. 

pirating enhanced the music industry and made artists more money as well as created a system of autonomy for many of these artists. 

current streaming sites will fall by the ways side as certain music rights are traded around, lost artists arent added to the catalogues, and the sound quality stays low to keep up with cheaper bandwidth. people will find ways to get better product until the industry catches up again. we could take this whole argument to the Movie and game world as well. 

5 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

When we beat them here with KFC you would have thought we win the SB. Kearse was dragging the Terrible Towel through the mud. Really pissed a lot of Steelers fans off.

Was Kearse racist also?

9 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

When we beat them here with KFC you would have thought we win the SB. Kearse was dragging the Terrible Towel through the mud. Really pissed a lot of Steelers fans off.

Well that was a big deal, it gave them home field throughout the AFC playoffs whereas had they lost they may have been the number 2 seed.  It’s probably the biggest regular season win the franchise has ever had, at least since the merger.

Edited by scine09

13 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@freakingeek, you've mentioned that you're more from the hippie generation or close to it, amirite? Idk if you're a Neil Young fan, but if you are have you seen that website of his?

I was never a full blown hippie but I identified with some of the philosophy pretty wholeheartedly and particularly with the music. I like Neil Young. He's stayed true to his art. He always put on a good concert and seemed very fan oriented.  I haven't listened to much of his recent stuff. I will definitely check out his website. Thanks for the heads up!

11 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Bulluck wiped his ass with it on camera. Steeler fans are not my favorite. Even when we beat their ass, their comeback is always "How many Super Bowls have the Titans won?" Screw 'em. 

2 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I was never a full blown hippie but I identified with some of the philosophy pretty wholeheartedly and particularly with the music. I like Neil Young. He's stayed true to his art. He always put on a good concert and seemed very fan oriented.  I haven't listened to much of his recent stuff. I will definitely check out his website. Thanks for the heads up!

He had actually developed a hi-resolution audio player and accompanying download service called Pono back in 2013 or 2014. Their online store was also going to sell earbuds/headphones that were capable of accurate playback of those hi-res files. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pono_(digital_music_service)

It was a great idea, but it got killed off by record labels by insisting that consumers pay more for the hi-res files and Neil Young is of the opinion that all music should cost the same. He had to discontinue the device because of it, which is partly where I think the idea for his own streaming site came from. 

So when you say he's fan-oriented you're tagging that donkey right in the ass.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

Bulluck wiped his ass with it on camera. Steeler fans are not my favorite. Even when we beat their ass, their comeback is always "How many Super Bowls have the Titans won?" Screw 'em. 

In fairness, that's a good comeback.  Too many dolt Titans fans sold their seats to Steelers fans anyway or there would not have been any of the towels to begin with.

Kind like Brady giving Vrabel a trophy for the game last year.  What can you come back with given they won the SB?

23 minutes ago, TitanAchilles8 said:

What’s up with Landry? 

Everyone is hoping that his second year leap is putting him into Von Miller performance territory and the Titans don't want any preseason film to alert our first few opponents...

Everyone is fearing that he has an undisclosed injury...

We probably won't know what is going on until week 1...

Edited by ChemEngr79