Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm somebody who tries to make it through every thread, but I just had to give up 8 pages ago; the one thread that shouldn't be a fucking Mariota debate just has to be hijacked by the same usual suspe

Those clips of Humphries are pretty friggin' impressive....very Derrick Mason-esque.   Really quick feet, great balance and body control....the type of receiver who will set up a defender and create s

This is the story of Taywan's life. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Huston said:

Davenport covering the Titans of course, good stuff.

https://bleav.com/podcast/afc-south-preview/

Honestly Davenport is the man. 

Made PK's departure look like a brilliant move by ESPN.

He has a way of being analytical, being realistic, while maintaining optimism.

Good stuff about Mariota and Davis. Mariota sees Davis one on one he has to go his way.

Edited by big2033

7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If Pamphile ends up having to play OT over the first 4 games I think there’s a good chance they put Levin in at C and shift Jones to RG. 

Hell, they may also just decide Levin is a better starter than Pamphile and that it’s better to start Jones at guard.

Vrabel loves developing guys he says high upside projects and he loves him some Roberson and Dickerson, I think at the very least Dickerson gets in the rotation this year.

12 minutes ago, Huston said:

Whats scary is that the past OC's didn't make it a priority like this one.

Or he's simply getting better at it?  This idea that every flaw he has is on coaching, especially when many had these issues in his pre-draft scouting report, is a stretch.

Of course, the true test will be in real games at real game speed.

1 minute ago, TitanTez said:

Thanks,  been hearing that from camp reports,  remember  this,  there is always workout and short pants freaks but most are dumber than a stack of bricks when the pads come on and the game situation  is involved.. 

Don't  hold your breath. 

That wasn't in the report man, go take 10 minutes and find out.

2 hours ago, GLinks said:

That sucks for Batson. But I think the coaches love him enough that he’ll make the practice squad again and will be called upon in case of injury. So he’s probably safe from that standpoint unless the situation requires an injury settlement, which I highly doubt right now.

The foil against that is Darius Jennings. Both Batson and Jennings made similar contributions in the passing game last year, but the return game is where Jennings made a difference. Until a better candidate appears for KOR, I kinda feel I have to pull for Jennings to improve and make the roster. 

Also, since he entered the league with the Browns in 2015, I’m not sure if Jennings has enough or any PS eligibility remaining. Players can have a max of 2 years on the PS, with an exception of 2 players per team can have up to 3 years on the practice squad.

Raymond or Ratliff-Williams (or someone?) would have to surpass Jennings at this point to shake things up.

Jennings needs to stay on that JUGS machine, though. That drop last year...he had the “I’m about to get laid!” face, gets hit in the chest and drops the ball. Worst drop of the season after Nick Williams, in my mind.

If he's really on IR, he's done for the year and the only way to keep him is to pay his salary for the entire year like they did with Sharpe a couple of years ago, doubtful they would do that for an UDFA, more likely he'll get an injury settlement, possibly with a promise of being resigned in March. Not a huge salary I know, but this is where teams usually try and save money.

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Not the same, checking into a different play isn't the same as making an blitz adjustment by moving players around while sticking with the same play. He does that all the time.

Edited by Huston

Adjusting based on the defensive look?  Calling an audible?  Hot routes.  It's something a 5th year player and #2 overall QB should be doing and it's presumptuous to say he hasn't been coached to do it.  It's more likely that he's been poor at it and has put in work to improve.  Which is good.  He needed to.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic