Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

titanskick8851

1 hour ago, Tonyb said:

Emanuel Hall - WR - Missouri

Deebo Samuel - WR - South Carolina Diontae Johnson - WR - Toledo 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - WrStandford

Gary Jennings - WR West Virginia

So Outside of deebo, who do you all like the most?

I actually like Hall, JJAW, and Jennings a lot and would be happy with either.

Hall is a speedy deep threat who would scare teams, but he has had some issues dropping passes. Dropped two big ones vs. Purdue.

As others have JJAW wins outside with body positioning and knowing how to box out DB’s. Great red zone option. My only scare with him is do we have the QB that will take advantage of his skill set? Mariota rarely just throws it up. 

Jennings is a good combo of both. He is bigger at 6-2, but still can run (4.42 40 yard dash). He was the Jelly to Sills Peanut Butter. He is somewhat similar to David in that he runs a great slant and command the intermediate routes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote an automatic ban on anyone who quotes that monster titanskick post. Have some pity in those of us on mobile devices. 

Lol tremendous anticipation.    Sorry just though that was funny. He knows the route and there's no rush or DB to screw up the timing. What's there to anticipate?   Dude might be g

Hello all, I figure we should have a place again to post all the Draft Prospect Meetings and Visits that are set up over the next couple of months. Although we are only about 2-weeks in, we once again

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Hall is a speedy deep threat who would scare teams, but he has had some issues dropping passes. Dropped two big ones vs. Purdue.

As others have JJAW wins outside with body positioning and knowing how to box out DB’s. Great red zone option. My only scare with him is do we have the QB that will take advantage of his skill set? Mariota rarely just throws it up. 

Jennings is a good combo of both. He is bigger at 6-2, but still can run (4.42 40 yard dash). He was the Jelly to Sills Peanut Butter. He is somewhat similar to David in that he runs a great slant and command the intermediate routes.

JJAW's not just a jump-ball guy. 

Two really nice videos going over his route running and such from some of the TDN guys.

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

I like Jj aswell.. He looks like he can come in and be the number 2 on this team right away imo... A little worried about his ability to get seperation more consistently though..

Thanks for the breakdown on the others. Wasnt too familiar with them. Going to watch some more film on the others..

One other Guy I failed to mention, and got a chance to see play a little last yr (Jalen Hurd) 6-5 226.. Reminds me of a more Explosive Justin Mccariens lol.. Not the fastest guy but Hits second gear pretty quick.. Can also play Rb, Good hands, I really like him.. If J rob can snag him in the 4th or 5th I think that would be a good look..

What are your thoughts on him?

Edited by Tonyb

6 hours ago, Tonyb said:

I like Jj aswell.. He looks like he can come in and be the number 2 on this team right away imo... A little worried about his ability to get seperation more consistently though..

Thanks for the breakdown on the others. Wasnt too familiar with them. Going to watch some more film on the others..

One other Guy I failed to mention, and got a chance to see play a little last yr (Jalen Hurd) 6-5 226.. Reminds me of a more Explosive Justin Mccariens lol.. Not the fastest guy but Hits second gear pretty quick.. Can also play Rb, Good hands, I really like him.. If J rob can snag him in the 4th or 5th I think that would be a good look..

What are your thoughts on him?

We know ALLLL about Jalen Hurd in TN. 

I'd love to have him. I think he could be a very solid player once he learns the position more. ... and could be an early contributor because of his RB and returning skillset. 

Edited by titanruss

On 4/11/2019 at 6:24 AM, Soxcat said:

He was in a crappy system with a crappy QB. 

Yes, there are some things he doesn't do well.  But the things he does well are off the charts.  We actually had someone say they could just cover him with a LB and press him off the line.  One of the things DK does well is blow right past press coverage.  Once he gets a step you now have a 230 pound guy running a 4.3 40. 

In college they didn't run that many slants with him.  That is stupid because he can easily get leverage and space on those plays.  So no, as a slot WR he might not be great but as an X WR he could really thrive. 

HE WASNT EVEN THE BEST RECEIVER ON HIS TEAM JUST STAHHP

I added the guys mentioned in this article to the list we already know. Here's another look at the local visit list: 

TE Dawson Knox - Ole Miss

CB Joejuan Williams - Vanderbilt

LB Jordan Griffin - Vanderbilt

DT Dare Odeyingo - Vanderbilt

C/G Bruno Reagan - Vanderbilt

WR Emmanuel Hall - Missouri

OL Byron Glass - Austin Peay

WR Jalen Hurd - Baylor

QB Kyle Shurmur - Vanderbilt

DB Ugo Amadi - Oregon

G/T Alex Bars - Notre Dame

WR DeVon Johnson - TSU

LB Tyrel Dodson - Texas A&M

As we've noted, the guys who attended non-local colleges went to high school in the Nashville area. 

17 hours ago, Tonyb said:

Emanuel Hall - WR - Missouri

Deebo Samuel - WR - South Carolina Diontae Johnson - WR - Toledo 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - WrStandford

Gary Jennings - WR West Virginia

So Outside of deebo, who do you all like the most?

JJ

• Jonboy unpinned this topic