Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

titanskick8851

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote an automatic ban on anyone who quotes that monster titanskick post. Have some pity in those of us on mobile devices. 

Lol tremendous anticipation.    Sorry just though that was funny. He knows the route and there's no rush or DB to screw up the timing. What's there to anticipate?   Dude might be g

Hello all, I figure we should have a place again to post all the Draft Prospect Meetings and Visits that are set up over the next couple of months. Although we are only about 2-weeks in, we once again

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Supernope said:

did the titans have private visits from Evans and Landry?  Davis and Jackson?

Yes, all 4. 

We knew about Davis and Jackson before the draft. 

We didn't know about Evans or Landry until after the draft, as their visits were hidden during the process. 

1 minute ago, Supernope said:

did the titans have private visits from Evans and Landry?  Davis and Jackson?

Robinson never explicitly said that Evans did or didn't visit, but they felt comfortable enough with taking him after spending time with him at his pro day + in the film room. 

Landry, yes, but it was never reported pre-draft. 

Davis and Jackson both visited. 

5 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

It is highly probable that Landry was the guy they would have picked if Evans wasn't available.  Jrob ended up with both. 

I think that's exactly what would have happened. 

One thing to keep in mind with guys like Tillery or Polite - the Titans often bring in these guys to get a true read on them and to close the book on their draft grade. To further investigate character issues. This doesn't necessarily mean the Titans are heavily interested when it comes to these kinds of guys. We saw the same thing with Arden Key last year. 

It also doesn't necessarily mean that they're not interested in them though. 

This is one thing I've noticed about Vrabel and Robinson: The guys they personally work out tend to mean more than the private visits known pre-draft. They had their hands all over Evans and Landry last year

This year they've had their hands all over Wilkins, Collier, Lindstrom and Vrabel spent a lot of one on one time with the injured Lawrence. 

I think the best way to look at it is - if there's a guy that you think they may draft who was out there performing on their pro day, and Robinson/Vrabel weren't in attendance or didn't privately work them out after, it probably isn't going to end up being that guy. 

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

He was in a crappy system with a crappy QB. 

Yes, there are some things he doesn't do well.  But the things he does well are off the charts.  We actually had someone say they could just cover him with a LB and press him off the line.  One of the things DK does well is blow right past press coverage.  Once he gets a step you now have a 230 pound guy running a 4.3 40. 

In college they didn't run that many slants with him.  That is stupid because he can easily get leverage and space on those plays.  So no, as a slot WR he might not be great but as an X WR he could really thrive. 

There a giant dudes that can fly without production coming into the league every year. 

There’s only one Calvin Johnson he’s an anomaly 

The best predictor for future success is precious succes and DK was limited.. and his agility traits really are on par with linemen.. and agility traits are far more a predictor of success than 40 time. 

Simmons scares the shit outta me personally.Coming off the torn acl in itself is a worry (see Conklin and his performance)so u may have a guy that sits 2019 idc what the doctors say.So ur looking at 2020 befor kid can play full strength and no one knows how he bounces back so that’s all a crapshoot.Add in the off field crap(video)and it’s a hard pass for me.Rather take a safe bet that’s ready to go than a guy I may or may not have within the next year half and also comes with baggage.

Assuming all the visits that have been reported are in fact top 30 visits, then we know more than half of our 30.

Top 30 Visits:

1. Ed Oliver - DL/EDGE - Houston

2. Brian Burns - EDGE - Florida State

3. Jachai Polite - EDGE - Florida

4. Jaylon Ferguson - EDGE - Louisiana Tech

5. L.J. Collier - DL/EDGE - TCU 

6. Tytus Howard - OL - Alabama State

7. Nate Davis - OL - Charlotte

8. OL Max Scharping - OL - Northern Illinois

9. Yodny Cajuste - OL - West Virginia. 

10. Jerry Tillery - DL - Notre Dame

11. Emanuel Hall - WR - Missouri