Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

tgo   

This right tackle thing can not be ignored. They’re not just doing work on versatile T/G types, they’re looking at straight up starting caliber tackles from rounds 1 through 3. 

japan   
38 minutes ago, tgo said:

This right tackle thing can not be ignored. They’re not just doing work on versatile T/G types, they’re looking at straight up starting caliber tackles from rounds 1 through 3. 

Let's hope it's 2 through 3....

OILERMAN   
5 hours ago, tgo said:

Yes, it looks like they'll start one at guard this season that can slide to RT next year. If Conklin stinks again he might even slide to RT this season

tgo   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Yes, it looks like they'll start one at guard this season that can slide to RT next year. If Conklin stinks again he might even slide to RT this season

While some of the guys on this list could certainly play guard effectively, some of them are tackles only imo and wouldn’t make good guards. 

But yeah- I think they’d ideally like to get a versatile guy that could play guard and move to tackle. But I don’t think they’re ruling out the tackle-only types either. 

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

While some of the guys on this list could certainly play guard effectively, some of them are tackles only imo and wouldn’t make good guards. 

But yeah- I think they’d ideally like to get a versatile guy that could play guard and move to tackle. But I don’t think they’re ruling out the tackle-only types either. 

A guard and OT early in the draft?

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Conklin looked leaner when he turned up for the offseason program today.

tgo   
3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

No, it would be one or the other early I think.They seem to have given themselves quite a range of options given the guys they’ve done work on (over 120 players total at this point). 

I think their draft board this year is more expansive than usual and I think there’s more depth throughout the draft while its not a top heavy draft. 

It was interesting hearing Vrabel talking up the guys they have at guard today. The first guy he mentioned this time was Stinnie and talked about how they’ve been developing him. 

Anyway, I think they will only draft a guard in the first if they absolutely have to. In other words, if all the DL are gone they may draft Lindstrom. But I don’t see it. A worthy defender will end up being there. 

The bulk of the guys they are looking at on OL are 3rd rounders. 

Personally I’d bet against a rookie starting at guard this year, although it is a possibility. 

japan   
49 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

JRob would need to be put in an asylum. 

OILERMAN   
8 hours ago, japan said:

JRob would need to be put in an asylum. 

If tgo is right and they draft an OT early in the draft that alone would be pretty bad. They signed Lewan and drafted Conklin in the top 10, OT should be set

Carpy   
14 hours ago, tgo said:

I thought the same thing, but maybe the Titans view of what they need from their Guards has also changed.  Saffold entered the league as a LT and actually started there for a few years before transitioning to Guard.  It is possible they are looking at similar athletes to play G (Greg Little is almost identical size to Saffold).

Replacing Conklin with a rookie seems weird.  Kelly was more than serviceable filling in last year and even if Conklin doesn’t make it back, RG is more of a weakness than RT.

OILERMAN   
40 minutes ago, Carpy said:

Replacing Conklin with a rookie seems weird.  Kelly was more than serviceable filling in last year and even if Conklin doesn’t make it back, RG is more of a weakness than RT.

OTs are harder to find and more important. If Conklin plays like he did last season RT is a bigger weakness. 

Kelly is also overrated on here. He's a good swing guy but you do not want him pass protecting one on one, he'll get exposed.