Broncos, Packers, Dolphins to Interview Munch

tgo

5 hours ago, FRT said:

My guess is he would do better second time around.  Would it be good enough?  Who knows?  Team preference.

He kind of got screwed here with the timing of hiring of his staff didn't he? IIRC, he got hired late so all the decent coordinators had gotten hired already. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think Munchak did anything as a HC that would make me think he wasn’t capable of getting another shot.

Munchak will make a good HC in his 2nd stint. 

Vrabel actually designed the defensive system with Pees, by merging the two systems. And he also dictates strategy and personnel packages to LaFleur.    So no, not like Vrabel. 

4 hours ago, JMoney420 said:

Yea dude got completely shit showed while he was here but players seem to like him and have his back.If he hired the rite assistants i could see it but sum guys just are what they are and he's a fine line coach but HC who knows?

I thought the same things while he was the HC here.  Whiz promptly took a 7 win no talent team to what 3 wins.  I think he will be fine with better connections to hire asst coaches.  Denver would be a good spot for him IMO.

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Green Bay would be a pretty sweet gig with Rodgers in place. Hire a good OC Rodgers likes and Munch could have success fast there. 

I'm of the mindset that HC does very little in terms of running the show and moreso just needs to know how to manage on gameday and hire/maintain a good staff.... I just don't see how Munch helps the Packers.

For him to do REALLY well there he would have to put wayyy too much hands on time with the OL for my liking of a HC.... but the more I think about it, with a guy like Rodgers that might be all a HC needs to do.

It's not a little funny that @OILERMAN has evaded this thread like the plague.  He was the lead voice in the "Munch is an idiot" crew, and at this point, his credibility is roughly that of Mexican tap water.  

It's pathetic how much this board hangs on his balls as if the idiot knows the first thing about football.  The main reason for the shift away from quality analysis here, is because of the trolls and OM.  It is sad.

6 hours ago, tgo said:

Sounds like hyperbole - but it's actually probably true. 

Dante Scarnecchia may be better. Russ Grimm and Howard Mudd were very good too. 

I'm dead serious. The Steelers OL was a disaster until he got there....the second he shows up they've been awesome every year. And the work he does with backups has been tremendous. Over the years they've had various undrafted rookies step in for very good players due to injuries & the transition is seemless. Remember here, when he had Leroy Harris at friggin RT for 2 games & the OL worked great. We ran the shit out of the ball with Mawae & Amano on the interior (though the TE's were dominant blockers & CJ ran a lot to the edges). Our OL, up to the last guy, was always prepared.

Apparently he teaches differently from other line coaches in that he individualizes technique for each player, he's uncanny at finding the most comfortable way for each guy to accomplish what they need do.

Of course this is much different then being a HC. The main thing he needs to fix is knowing what he wants to do on each side of the ball & sticking to that. Id be interested in seeing who he picks as coordinators if hired. I'm assuming Loggains as OC who I like but maybe he'd go with Todd Haley. I also think he'd hire kore of a blitzing DC this time around. Maybe he'd go with GW again.

9 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

GB should hire Gase

no joke

Agree. We should also hire Gase as OC if for some reason LaFleur was hired elsewhere. He actually uses the Shanahan run game we use, but he uses more of a Coryell passing game.